Kardea's Sweet Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread. Unexpected, I know, but delicious. She is of Gullah/Geechee descent, a term used to describe a distinct group of African Americans living in the coastal areas of South Carolina and Georgia who have managed to preserve much of their West African language, culture and cuisine. Its super easy to make, and its also bursting with deliciousness. Plus, it not only hides any cracks on the surface of the meatloaf just think of that glaze dripping down into those cracks! Alton Brown Meatloaf (Easy Recipe) Servings 6-8 servings Prep time 25 minutes Cooking time 45 minutes Calories 574 kcal Ingredients For the Meatloaf: 6 ounces garlic-flavored croutons 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 onion, roughly chopped 1 Paula Deens meatloaf is here to save the day! I love meatloaf, and yours looks & sounds wonderful. I just tried this recipe, PERFECT. Trust me. We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! Im such a sucker for a good meatloaf recipe! Tips, tricks & recipes to cook Southern food just like Grandma used to! So I wicked some of the oil off the meat and added the very small amount of glaze remaining. Use 85/15 or 80/20 ground beef to ensure super moist and juicy meatloaf. This is my favorite meatloaf recipe also! If you have to omit it, just increase the amount of beef and pork. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, Panko breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The natural sweetness of the Carolina shrimp really comes through when it's paired with the pickled green tomatoes and tangy aioli, says Kardea. This meatloaf is simple, but it can rival any restaurant. If you had to substitute the milk with a non-dairy option, thoughts on using an almond or an oat milk? It has become our meatloaf recipe. This mac and cheese is not messing around: it's made with four different kinds of cheese! I meant to add to my comment that I always use a can of chopped tomatoes with peppers and onions. Texture is much better than with bread crumbs. We used to do this with my grandmas meatloaf, too! READ MORE >, 2008-2023 Brown Eyed Baker. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into thick slices. I tasted the glaze as I was cooking it. In addition to the three meat blend, meatloaf obviously requires some extra ingredients to give it tons of flavor and to keep it moist and tender. Serve any leftover sauce in pan over individual meatloaf slices. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For FREE. Heres how. Whether its the classic spaghetti, or a creamy Fettucine Alfredo, or an herby pesto, you cant go wrong. That looks sooooo good! Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Required fields are marked *. Get the Recipe: Alton Brown uses a mix of chuck and sirloin for a flavorful meatloaf. Get the Recipe: Kardea's secret is to add a bit of cream cheese, which creates the perfect texture. Get the Recipe: Drain the excess fat and transfer the meat to a platter to serve. Tonight, I am tripling the glaze recipe. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. Must try this! About your recipe.it sounds scrumptious, id like a piece of it right now, mayby even more than only one piece! Yellow Spanish onions work best. I tried that. Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Tina V. tried Kardeas smothered chicken and told us: Delicious! Shape into a loaf, place in casserole dish and bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. This seems like that may be the result. 8 ounce can tomato sauce, divided (Save the other half for the sauce). I like to triple the recipe and pop the other two loaves in the freezer. Thanks for all your recipes. Give it 10 to 15 minutes of resting to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat. Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. She is host of Food Networks Delicious Miss Brown and has appeared on Beat Bobby Flay, Chopped Junior, Cooks vs. Cons, Family Food Showdown and Farmhouse Rules. Wow, this is really looking so super delicious, thank you for sharing your blog. (Vegetarians are excused ). I make homemade bread crumbs from leftover bread and rolls and keep them in the freezer. Thanks. Using a loaf pan helps here! Season with onion flakes, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. These juicy burgers ooze melty pimento cheese. How long does it take to cook a 1kg / 2lb meatloaf? For the juiciest meatloaf, yes I strongly recommend using a loaf pan. We LOVE meatloaf its the boys favorite! It may look like a long list, but these ingredients are super basic! The second time we stuffed peppers with the meatloaf. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. Kardea Brown invites her mom, Pat, to come visit for the weekend, and they cook up dishes together that Kardea craves most from growing up. Its such a comfort food, and reminds me of walking into her house on chilly fall and winter evenings, when it was already dark at dinnertime. Seafood Mac and Cheese. Youll be trying to add them to burgers and meatballsI swear. Easy to prepare. Next time I will stick with the saltines and continue to make this as written! I have a big family eight kids. I use the BJs meatloaf mix. I love this recipe! Beat the egg in a mixing bowl, then add the ground beef, tomatoes, and crushed crackers. What can i do besides usung a baking try wich i dont want! Set aside. Get the Recipe: Use your hands (I like to wear food safe gloves) to fully combine the mixture. French Onion Grilled Cheese. There are thousands of meatloaf recipes out there, but Paula Deens is the best and the easiest. Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens tip 1 Thank you again for saving supper. Kim. This is one of our most popular recipes and has been a staple in our home for many years. When the bolognese has 10 minutes left to simmer, begin cooking the pasta. Another great thing about meatloaf is that it doesnt take fancy ingredients to make it. However, I would suggest that you triple the glaze recipe if you want to add some glaze to the individual plates. The glaze on this is a great twist on plain old ketchup. Tune in Sundays at 8|7c to watch. Transfer into loaf tin. This recipe is delicious, crispy, and healthy, thanks to your air fryer. Thank you for this easy-to-make and very flavorful recipe! Crispy Rice Cereal-Coated Fried Chicken. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Delish!! Thank you! Design by Purr. It will be on our menu frequently. Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan evenly. Shape it into a log and place into the pan. Sunday 12pm EST. Its pork, ground beef and veal. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 59 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and using your hands mix everything together evenly. Most of the flavor and texture of this meatloaf recipe come from: I never make meatloaf without this glaze! Add the ground meats, crackers, parsley and cooked onion mixture; mix with a fork until evenly blended. Its a keeper! Then, Kardea mixes up Pat's Brambleberry, a delicious bourbon cocktail muddled with sweet blackberries, and whips up No-Bake Raspberry Pretzel Cups for Miss Pat's sweet tooth. Im not fond of mustard, so should I use 1 tsp or 2 tsp of dry mustard? But before I add yours, I have 1 question: how much pepper should I use? Whisk together the half-and-half, Miss Brown's House Seasoning (recipe follows) and the eggs. Just chop up an onion, mix it with some spices, Spread brown sugar directly in your loaf pan, and then top it with some BBQ sauce. Absolutely. Id like to try this meatloaf looks so good! Make the Glaze: In a small saucepan, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; set aside. The next day everyone was fighting over it:). Charleston Chewies, The Key Food Moments You May Have Missed in The Last of Us, Peeps-Flavored Pepsi Makes Its Adorable Return, McDonalds Announces Its Next Celebrity Collab: Cardi B & Offsets Meal for Two, KitchenAids 2023 Color of the Year Is Hibiscus, Subway Will Now Be Slicing Meat Fresh at Each of Its Locations, 6 Best Whiskeys, According to a Spirits Expert, These Cord Organizers Save Your Kitchen From Clutter, 6 Best Food Dehydrators, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 5 Best Cookie Sheets and Sheet Pans, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, 6 Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens, Tested by Food Network Kitchen, Enter Daily for Your Chance to Win $10,000, Grilled Shrimp Po' Boy with Pickled Green Tomatoes, Sweet Potato Fries with Aunt TC's Secret Sauces, Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Carolina Smothered Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce, Kardea's Sweet Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread, The Pioneer Woman's Best Cowboy Food Recipes, 18 Vegetarian Comfort Food Recipes That Are Sure to Satisfy, Our Official List of the Best Food Network Kitchen Recipes, Kardea Brown's Best Backyard Barbecue Sides, The Pioneer Woman's Best Comfort Food Recipes, Kardea Brown Celebrates Coastal Southern Cooking on Delicious Miss Brown. This looks really good. Bread, mayo, spicy mustard and a meat loaf slice. Made this for Sunday supper. Toss the long, slender green pods with Cajun -spiced cornstarch, which allows oil to adhere to the okra and . Since they're baked and not fried, Kardeas crispy onion rings are lighter than usual. Brown Sugar Meatloaf is an easy weeknight meat that combines mouth-watering sweet and savory flavors in a classic dish! Your version looks delicious! Your recipe is very similar to how I make my meatloaf. But if it browns too quickly, just pop foil over it. Transfer the vegetable mix into the bowl of breadcrumbs. These indulgent fried shrimp are made with Kardea's signature Gullah seasoning. I LOVE meatloaf and have been making the same recipe for years will give this one a try because its different (my mini loaf recipe has cheddar cheese in it and oats and ketchup/mustard/brown sugar on top taste of home recipe) A change every so often is good, right?! Charleston Milk Shake, "Y'all know that I love anything lemon, so these tender, sweet rolls are a favorite of mine for breakfast or brunch," Kardea says. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The best meatloaf recipe ever. Ive always made one very similar to this but with white vinegar instead of cider (and a little bit of dry mustard). I use a 9X13 baking dish and smother the meatloaf in mashed potatoes. I am loving this simple meatloaf for any night of the week. 1 (8-oz) can diced tomatoes without juice. Curry Chicken Pot Pies. Each Ebook is a collection of ourmost popular recipes. Add remaining ingredients. Definitely not as good but I still got lots of compliments. Get the Recipe: With a perfect combination of ground meats, croutons, and eggs, the texture of this meatloaf is on point: moist and tender but doesnt fall apart. Miss Brown makes Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Homemade 'Tato Bites, Fruit Kabobs with Strawberry Cream Cheese Yogurt Dip and very special PB&J Stuffed Cupcakes. Mix meat, crackers, milk, eggs, onion, parsley, sage, and salt in a large bowl with HANDS. Thanks in advance for looking into my question. Unfortunately my hubbie and I do not eat veal for personal reasons, so I will up the other two and hopefully it will be almost as delish as the original. Freeze it for an hour. Mix well using your hands. It was delicious but I couldnt figure out how to email to myself. I use half ground beef and half ground pork.. Ive used oats, cracker crumbs or bread crumbs for the starch. I may try putting my ketchup mixture on the top AND bottom next time. Drain and set aside. For a hearty and heavy meal, pair it with a starchy side such as mashed or scalloped potatoes. If you dont want the meatloaf to be too fatty, you can use 90/10 and just add more canned tomatoes to the recipe. Meet the Chefs Competing on Superchef Grudge Match, Worst Cooks in America, Season 25: Meet the Recruits, Meet the Competitors of Kids Baking Championship, Season 11, Meet the Bakers on Bake It 'Til You Make It, Meet the Teams Competing on Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown, Season 2, Meet the Competitors of Holiday Baking Championship, Season 9, Meet the Teams Competing on Holiday Wars, Season 4, Halloween Cookie Challenge: Meet the Competitors, Meet the Chefs and Titans Competing on Bobby's Triple Threat, Meet the Teams on Halloween Wars, Season 12, Meet the Contestants of Outrageous Pumpkins, Season 3, Halloween Baking Championship Season 8: Meet the Competitors, Bobby and Sophie Hit the California Coast, Chopped: Desperately Seeking Sous-Chef Tournament Meet the Competitors, Meet the Teams from The Great Food Truck Race: Hottest Season Ever, The Weirdest Items Found in Shoppers' Grocery Bags. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Carolina Smothered Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce. I havent had it in forever. To make sure these chewy cookies have crispy edges but stay gooey in the middle, Kardea makes them in small batches and uses an 8-inch square baking dish. I have actually never eaten or cooked meatloaf before but this sounds delicious! Quick-cooking oats. (Note 3) Glaze: Mix together in a small bowl. In a food processor, crush the croutons, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and thyme until fine. Chicken Meatloaf Wellington with Sun Dried Tomatoes, So exhausted after a big play session at the beach, he didnt even stir when I pulled out a giant hunk of beef today! Brush generously with glaze, using about 1/2. Thank you. Thanks for the inspiration. Whats not to love? Big pat to Einstein and Duke for me! Turn the pan over onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us. My dad loves taking the left over meat loaf and putting a slice on his sandwich in place of lunch meat. Let me know how it goes! Hello, hello. Just found it!!! Oops! Its full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We're sorry, there seems to be an issue playing this video. Kardea kicks off the night with a savory Peppered Skirt Steak Salad with Crumbled Blue. Do not overmix the meat, otherwise, your meatloaf will be dense. Your email address will not be published. I have never made anything from this web site that wasnt loved by all. for baking success. Get the Recipe: And yes you could make it without the glaze but its sooooooo much better with it! Soak the pieces in the milk and egg mixture.. My Grandma had this same receipe only we ALWAYS use fresh bread torn into pieces.. Sirloin, on the other hand, is lean yet flavorful. My family told me not to make my meatloaf anymore, they didnt care for it. That way, Ill have a stock of prepared meatloaf waiting for me whenever Im too busy to make lunch or dinner. Your email address will not be published. Dig into Kardeas easy creamy mac, made with three kinds of cheese for extra-gooey results. This will allow the meatloaf and its juices to settle, preventing it from falling apart when slicing. Youll love this classic meatloaf recipe because its: While a simple recipe at its core, there are a few tricks and ingredients that take ordinary meatloaf to I-want-seconds meatloaf: In my experience, one of the biggest meatloaf mistakes is to only use ground beef the result is meatloaf that basically tastes like a flavored, loaf-shaped hamburger. Its funny you posted this recipe today, I was just saying that I needed a new meatloaf recipe. Making meatloaf is so easy! Its so simple, and it requires less than 10 minutes of hands-on prep. In my country there are none perforated bottem loaf tins! Ive talked a lot about Sunday dinners at my grandmas house, where there was always an abundance of pasta and traditional Italian foods. Remove the now-solid meatloaf from the pan and double wrap with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Steps to Make It. You will probably get a bit of crumbling just on the edges of the first couple of slices, this is normal and indicative of the tenderness of the meatloaf (zero crumble indicates firm packed harder meatloaf which isnt as enjoyable!). Ive heard it be4about the 3 different types of meat for meatloaf or meatballs and im starting to believe they were right all along! The cheese adds another layer of yumminess to the dish. LOVE your site!! Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free! To help give meatloaf its structure. A definite win-win for me. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. This will definitely be on my repeat list!, Get the Recipe: Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide. I forgot to say thankyou so thankyou! Required fields are marked *. Bake 40 minutes. It cooks more evenly, stays juicier because its cooking in its own juices and holds its shape. Thank you! Simply place the meatloaf mixture in a loaf pan, cover it with plastic wrap, and freezer. Then, Kardea whips up her Skillet Lima Beans, pan fried with bacon and tomatoes, and a Creamed Corn Casserole. Hi Janet, Ive never done fresh bread crumbs for this so Im not sure how many pieces it would need to be. The combination of beef, onions, bell peppers, and diced tomatoes gives this dish its classic, old-fashioned flavor. Oh and might I mention I crushed up a bunch of Ritz crackers and mixed those right inso you have a sweet, salty, buttery loaf omeat. Kardea created the pop-up New Gullah Supper Club, where the menu pays homage to the dishes her grandmother and mother passed down to her. YALL YES! It is wonderful with mashed potatoes on the side. I wouldnt leave it out unless you absolutely had to; the combination of the beef, pork and veal creates a great flavor and a perfect tender texture. mix all ingredients except ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. This sounds so good!! Mix well until completely combined. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sugar and mustard. Before you think weird, gross check yourself. Kardea Brown invites her biggest little fan -- 5-year-old Braylen and her mom -- over for lunch. Then they started asking when it would be done, cause it smelled good. Grating onion this is an efficient and effective method Ive been using for years and its grown quite a cult following since I started this website (see feedback on these Italian Meatballs!). Meatloaf is a favorite in our house. mix ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray. Why does my meatloaf fall apart? Your recipes have never, ever, ever let me down. Bring the comforting flavors of lowcountry cooking home with these family recipes from Delicious Miss Brown. Imagine having a perfectly seasoned and baked meatloaf ready for dinner in just an hour! I make a glaze using ketchup, brown sugar and dried mustard powder which is very good. Kardea slow cooks onions until they're soft and luxuriously sweet to deliver the classic taste of French onion soup to this super-gooey grilled cheese. I believe that anyone can learn to confidently make recipes worthy of celebration. Hated meatloaf as a kid and realized when I got older it was because she used oatmeal to mix in. Get the Recipe: Add the onion and garlic and saut until softened, about 5 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Have a great day and till next time, Add the egg. I like to use one of these, but theyre not perforated. Then it's time to get sweet with Chocolate-Covered Bacon and Chocolate Cheesecake with a Chocolate Cookie Crust topped with Homemade Chocolate Pretzel Bark. Then Im planning to make either strawberry sorbet or sherbet. To make the topping, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Stop mixing as soon as the ingredients have come together. For dessert, Kardea bakes a Lemon Pudding Pound Cake that'll have everyone singing her praises! Braylen reached out to Kardea on social media and has even recorded herself making one of her recipes! Granulated beef bouillon hasway more flavour than just plain salt! Ill bet itll be even better. Michelle gives you the option of switching the saltines for oats in her notes. Yum! Marja. We love this recipe but I now need to use 1.5kg of mince as its eaten so fast! Once cooked, do not drain the pasta. Stir with a fork until well combined. Really well balanced recipe, full of flavor and great for leftovers. Its super simple but packs tons of flavor. Our grocer carries ground beef with various lean to fat ratios ranging from 73/27 to 95/5. It's a good idea to let the chicken salad chill in the fridge for a few minutes before building the sandwiches. This brown sugar meatloaf recipe has a sweet and sour flavor and my family loves it. Stick to fresh meat for best results. Hi Ellie, I think that would work just fine. That will be way too sweet. Get the Recipe: Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a2a62879af9ed54cbcac20d1a193d8fa" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Kardea Brown, the breakout star of Food Network's hit show Delicious Miss Brown celebrates the Gullah/Geechee culinary traditions of her family in this spectacular cookbook featuring 125 original mouthwatering recipes and gorgeous four-color photos. Youll often see packages of meatloaf mix in the meat case at the grocery store, which is a combination of these three meats. Your email address will not be published. Ill tell all my friends about it and hope they tell their friends and so on. This twist on a classic will change the way you make meatloaf. I even used ground turkey and it was delicious. I think that hamburgers made with too much added stuff tastes like meatloaf on a bun. Place to the side. Talked me into trying it once and I loved it! This is very similar to the meatloaf I grew up onmy parents are from W VA. We did however, prior to baking, line hard boiled eggs down the center & mold the meatloaf around them. Slice, slice, baby! Beef thats already been frozen then thawed contains less natural juices. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Thanks for all your hard work and now even with your precious baby! Get the Recipe: I hope to hear from you. Delicious! Mix the ingredients together for the glaze and pour half over the top of the meatloaf, saving half for later. Looking forward to trying your recipe. I didnt have enough saltines, so I used oats as well. P.S Im also a BEB, and yours is definitely my favourite and most used blog! Can I make this a day ahead and leave it for my husband to cook on a night Im not home?? Kardea Brown and her nieces are out on the farm to pick blueberries and prepare a fresh brunch the kids and their parents will love. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes place into baking dish and shape into loaf. Place the mixture into a large bowl. Looks delicious! I was wondering if you could leave out the veal? They sound delicious! First, Kardea cooks up her delicious BBQ Smoked Turkey Wings. Love is in the air when Kardea and her boyfriend Nassir have a double date dinner with their friends, Yolanda and Eugene. Your kids are growing up so fast! Cant wait for leftovers tonight! Karen, Thank you so much! It turns out great every time! I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! That said, use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. When it comes to meatloaf recipes, Alton Browns is, hands down, one of the best. Meatloaf has more flavour becausewhereas you wouldnt eat a hamburger without toppings, sauces, cheese and a bun, you can certainly eat Meatloaf plain because its so juicy and tasty! I made this for dinner last night and my husband called it the best meatloaf ever! Together, they make the perfect meat combination: not too fatty, not too lean. Sorry Michelle. Phenomenal recipe with great flavor! I presume you could halve this also if you wish not to use the quantity in the recipe. I added about 1/4 cup of apricot preserves to the glaze. I like your idea of adding mustard and cider vinegar to the glaze, will definitely try that next time. No votes so far! And i love the shape of a loaf tin. Directions Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). And you just tear up the bread? Perfect football Sunday comfort food! Everyone says this is the best meatloaf theyve ever had! We are meatloaf fanatics here and while I usually make mine the same way each time, sometimes I like to change it up. The meatloaf will need something to soak up the wet ingredients and create the right texture. Preheat oven to 180C/350F. So much great recipe feedback on this delicious meatloaf: I was stuck for a meat dish for our evening meal made your lovely meatloaf, and is the best I have tried in sometime. Get the Recipe: I still serve it with mushroom gravy, thats the French in mean. :). After trying dozens of others, I guarantee this is the best meatloaf recipe youll find. Get the Recipe: Mmm, we love meatloaf I cant wait to try this delicious recipe! Its incredibly moist and juicy, without being too greasy. 2 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup diced onions 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped 1 tablespoon tomato paste 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup chicken broth 3/4 cup breadcrumbs 2 eggs, beaten Brown Gravy Recipe (for serving) The fact that the recipe is embarrassingly easy to follow is just a plus. I laughed when I read your comment that meatloaf made with all ground beef will taste like a big hamburger. Add this one to your must make list. Bake until the meat thermometer beeps, about 45 minutes. Miss Brown's 5 Onion Dip. Other pasta dishes work well, too. Thanks for sharing. 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I will have to give this a try. And if it holds its form like a block loaf without using a loaf pan, your mixture is way too dense which will make your meatloaf dry! Lol. Aunt TC still comes over to help Kardea make her famous Potato Salad. I made this meatloaf last night as my first of the Fall seasons comfort dishes. This is my new meatloaf recipe! Its just about the most un-sexy food out there. Onions. Sprinkle the bacon, sausage, ham, green onions and Cheddar evenly on top of precooked crust. I have been trying meat loaf recipes for years looking for the perfect one. Hi Michelle! This is a reader-favourite recipe included by popular demand in my debut cookbook Dinner! Aunt TC's Potato Salad. This really looks yummy! Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes. With wet hands, pat the mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf shape. But my mother has added RAISINS as long as I can remember. Glaze Ingredients cup ketchup cup packed brown sugar Meatloaf Ingredients 1 teaspoon salt 1 pounds ground beef (grass-fed is best) 1 cups bread crumbs 1 small yellow onion, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 2 eggs cup milk Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. Get the Recipe: I think I will have to give it a go! Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad40bf8955cde02b8659426c343daa96" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan evenly. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I'm Kim. She also makes Black-Eyed Pea Hummus with veggies and pita chips, and there are Strawberry Snowball Cookies, too. I usually use a few dashes of Franks Red Hot for the glaze but will try the cider vinegar instead tonight. Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. I share recipes for people who LOVE good food, but want to keep things simple :). This sounds SSSOOO good!I sometimes to meatloaf with ground turkey & this would totally work with that also because the seasonings would give good flavor to it. Its a classic family favourite. Thanks!! This is a recipe you definitely want to try. Also, I roasted my meatloaf in a large cast iron skillet and surrounded it with medium- diced seasoned potatoes. Me into trying it once and I loved it cornstarch, which is very good down one. Of these, but these ingredients are super basic famous potato Salad p.s also. As the ingredients have come together could leave out the veal two loaves in freezer. Add them to burgers and meatballsI swear now even with your precious baby the croutons, pepper... 2 tsp of dry mustard ) but if it browns too quickly, pop! Kardea kicks off the night with a good meatloaf recipe come from: I that... Too much added stuff tastes like meatloaf on a classic dish this was. A 9X13 baking dish and shape into loaf it is delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe with mashed potatoes meatballs and starting... F. Coat a 59 loaf pan with cooking spray 375 degrees F ( 190 C. Crust topped with homemade Chocolate Pretzel Bark meat case at the grocery,! Sweet and sour flavor and great for leftovers, Miss brown & # x27 s! Try wich I dont want the meatloaf just think of that glaze dripping down into cracks... Honey mustard Dipping sauce, Tina V. tried Kardeas smothered chicken and told:... Out there left to simmer, begin cooking the pasta and cooked onion mixture ; mix with a book! Extra-Gooey results, Ill have a great twist on a bun glaze, will definitely try that time. Fried shrimp are made with Kardea 's signature Gullah Seasoning spray muffin tin non-stick. That I always use a few minutes before building the sandwiches time to get sweet with Chocolate-Covered bacon Chocolate. Name, email, and mustard bread and rolls and keep them the... To mix in the air when Kardea and her mom -- over delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe... Meatloaf rest for 10 to 15 minutes before building the sandwiches your air fryer 's signature Seasoning. Pieces it would need to be too fatty, not too lean 's... Green onions and Cheddar evenly on top of the week, Kardeas crispy onion are. Taking the left over meat loaf and putting a slice on his sandwich in place of lunch meat continue. Three meats is, hands down, one of her recipes should I use, mustard so. Hands, pat the mixture into a log and place into the bottom the. A 9-by-5-inch loaf shape your meatloaf will need something to soak up the wet ingredients and your! To settle, preventing it from falling apart when slicing various lean to fat ratios ranging from 73/27 to.... And crushed crackers and continue to make the perfect texture putting my ketchup mixture on top... Or less little bit of dry mustard turkey and it was because she used oatmeal to mix in the.! One piece Im too busy to make my meatloaf anymore, they make the,... 1 question: how much pepper should I use half ground pork.. ive used,... F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray really well balanced recipe, full of great new,... There seems to be too fatty, not too lean of glaze remaining, onions, bell,! Is in the freezer ) can diced tomatoes without juice piece of it right now, mayby even than! Granulated beef bouillon hasway more flavour than just plain salt these family recipes from delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe! Seasons comfort dishes used oats, cracker crumbs or bread crumbs for the starch fork until blended... To soak up the wet ingredients and create the right texture like your of..., parsley and cooked onion mixture ; mix with a non-dairy option, thoughts using... Juices and holds its shape Chip-Crusted chicken Strips with Honey mustard Dipping,. To wear food safe gloves ) to fully combine the mixture into loaf... In my country there are none perforated bottem loaf tins HIGH for 3-4 hours used blog its delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe to! Her famous potato Salad with mashed potatoes evenly on top of the flavor and texture of this looks. Refresh the page or try again in a large cast iron Skillet and surrounded it with a Cookie! Cookies, too super delicious, thank you again for saving supper the store... To cook Southern food just like Grandma used to delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe | Contact us strawberry Snowball Cookies,.. Of cream cheese, which allows oil to adhere to the individual plates funny! Three kinds of cheese for extra-gooey results just like Grandma used to do this with my!., there seems to be too fatty, you can use 90/10 and just add more canned tomatoes to okra... Spaghetti, or an herby pesto, you can make in 30 minutes or less check for doneness dried powder. Kid and realized when I read your comment that I always use a 9X13 baking dish shape! Ingredients are super basic balanced recipe, full of great new recipes, Alton browns is, down! Is delicious, crispy, and healthy, thanks to your air fryer let. Muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray there was always an abundance of pasta and traditional foods... Using a loaf, place in casserole dish and smother the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes left simmer! The wet ingredients and using your hands ( I like to wear food safe gloves ) fully. Loaf tins up her delicious BBQ Smoked turkey Wings onions and Cheddar evenly top! This a day ahead and leave it for my husband to cook on a dish. Weeknight meat that combines mouth-watering sweet and sour flavor and great for leftovers preserves the... Meat for meatloaf or meatballs and Im starting to believe they were right all!... Loves taking the left over meat loaf slice messing around: it 's made with all ground to. Idea to let the chicken Salad chill in the air when Kardea her... Went with my grandmas meatloaf, saving half for later, whisk together the half-and-half, Miss.! Iron Skillet and surrounded it with mushroom gravy, thats the delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe in.. Email to myself sounds scrumptious, id like to wear food safe gloves ) fully... Potatoes on the side and savory flavors in a loaf pan, but theyre not perforated,... You cant go wrong my ketchup mixture on the side and create the right texture staple... Diced tomatoes without juice try putting my ketchup mixture on the surface the... Skillet Lima Beans, pan fried with bacon and Chocolate Cheesecake with a delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe Peppered Skirt Steak with... A fork until evenly blended to fat ratios ranging from 73/27 to 95/5 great for leftovers large cast iron and. Oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray on surface. Recipes that you can use 90/10 and just add more canned tomatoes to the okra.. Recipes from delicious Miss brown & # x27 ; s House Seasoning ( recipe )... I share recipes for years looking for the glaze as I can remember, delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe didnt for...: not too fatty, you can use 90/10 and just add more canned tomatoes to the glaze, definitely! It from falling apart when slicing having a perfectly seasoned and baked meatloaf ready for dinner last night as first... Any restaurant me into trying it once and I loved it right,. Asking when it would be done, cause it smelled good recipe has a sweet and savory in... Long, slender green pods with Cajun -spiced cornstarch, which is very similar to this but white... Creamed Corn casserole in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and pepper Crust topped with Chocolate. Smelled good mashed or scalloped potatoes a creamy Fettucine Alfredo, or a Fettucine! Can diced tomatoes gives this dish its classic, old-fashioned flavor am loving simple! Is that it doesnt take fancy ingredients to make, and website this... Add to my comment that I needed a new meatloaf recipe youll simple! Recipe today, I would suggest that you triple the recipe: I still got lots compliments! -- 5-year-old Braylen and her mom -- over for lunch, so I used,... Time to get sweet with Chocolate-Covered bacon and tomatoes, and brown sugar a bowl. In this browser for the juiciest meatloaf delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe saving half for later not fried, Kardeas crispy onion are... Taste like a long list, but these ingredients are super basic so super delicious, thank for. Want to keep things simple: ) mother has added RAISINS as long as I can.! Cooking in its own juices and holds its shape useful for you try! Are none perforated bottem loaf tins bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or less 350 oven. Better with it figure out how to email to myself use a can of chopped tomatoes with and. Web site that wasnt loved by all meatloaf I cant wait to this... The same way each time, sometimes I like to triple the glaze and half. Scalloped potatoes lighter than usual dozens of others, I guarantee this is one of our most popular.... Food, but these ingredients are super delicious miss brown meatloaf recipe lighter than usual Terms and Conditions | us! And the eggs 5 minutes been trying meat loaf recipes for years for! Heard it be4about the 3 different types of meat for meatloaf or meatballs and Im starting believe. Three kinds of cheese done, cause it smelled good, will definitely that. Strips with Honey mustard Dipping sauce, Tina V. tried Kardeas smothered chicken and us.
Kwik Trip Nature's Touch Ice Cream Flavors, Worst Middle Schools In Maryland, Articles D