", He appears to be saying, "Thanks for stopping by! When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. He's looking for a particular blue and white color palette, and his decision between two houses takes Ben and Erin by surprise! , Erin and Ben Napier, Egypt Sherrod and Mike Jackson are some of the latest HGTV celebs to add some puppy love into their lives. All rights reserved. The cottage's first floor features a dining room (viaInstagram), a study, a kitchen connecting to a mudroom-laundry room combo (via Hooked on Houses), and a front porch with columns and screen doorsperfect for lazy afternoons and lemonades (via Country Living and Instagram). In the Season 5 . You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. Napier also shared that her first house drawing in 7th grade was drawn from the driveway at Christmas time. Napiers house drawings have become a recognizable trademark of Home Town, as she presents a watercolor drawing of all of the homes that she and her husband and co-host Ben work on for their clients. But she never tried to push me into that mold. Ben built the English blanket chest out of birdseye maple. The couple let her know that "if she ever decided to move, to please call us because we would love to buy it," Erin wrote. A couple is looking for a historic home in the country with a porch and plenty of green space. Ben and Erin revisit a couple looking to find her parents and grandmother a newly renovated home in Laurel. The quaint glass doors that lead upstairs are original to the house, but Ben removed the carpet from the steps, installed panel moulding, and gave everything a fresh coat of white paint. "My playtime consisted of climbing a lot of trees and digging for arrowheads in the woods," Erin, who grew up on a chicken farm, tells the magazine. "I want their bathwater to be dirty at the end of the day, so it means they weren't just playing on screens," Erin says. ", She continued to describe the welcoming home she has created: "You won't find photos of @btnapier and me because our walls are covered with the people we love, our grandparents and parents, holding watermelons proudly beside a lake in 1949, riding bicycles in rolled up jeans, posing with an English setter and an awkward haircut, laughing, holding up blue crabs on some distant dock. My mom bought a couch in 1999, and it was the worlds greatest, Erin says about the sofa on the left. The 1960s-era home, recognizable to fans of the popular HGTV show, has been listed by. . Though HGTV has not yet released the premiere date, Erin has hinted on social media that new episodes will appear around the holidays. A woman from one of Laurel's biggest families is looking to regrow her roots in a home with lots of acreage. If you've ever wanted to live in a house featured on HGTV's .css-1qproo8{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:#40699f;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:inherit;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;background-image:linear-gradient( to bottom, rgba(156,181,215,.2), rgba(156,181,215,.2));-webkit-background-position:0 100%;background-position:0 100%;background-repeat:repeat-x;-webkit-background-size:0 0;background-size:0 0;padding-top:0.05rem;padding-bottom:0.05rem;}.css-1qproo8:hover{color:#000000;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;-webkit-background-size:0.625rem 3.125rem;background-size:0.625rem 3.125rem;}Home Town, you're in luck: A Laurel, Mississippi home renovated by Ben and Erin Napier just hit the market, for $390,000. Hes my Michael Jordan. There's also a partners desk with drawers on both sides, which is the perfect spot for drinking coffee, sketching home designs, and doing Zoom interviews and meetings. Erin and Ben Napier are back for the sixth season of "Home Town," and their latest renovation proves that even a first house can be a dream home.. where they overhaul houses outside of their hometown. Ben and Erin work to find them a home that blends a love of eclectic color with a need for simplicity and has a space to showcase an unusual collection! I want it back.. "Seriously, helen's 2 book shelves are bananas but I'm definitely not going to do anything about it," she confessed on The Gram. And her mom recognized the cream sofa in the front living room, too. Using found materials and old textiles, they're keeping the character of these classic homes but giving them modern and affordable updates. , Revisit the suburban split-level ranch now available for purchase that Erin and Ben Napier transformed into an upscale neighbo But when Ben sent her the listing for the property last spring, she was smitten. By Karli Mullane. in Adorable Video: 'Daddy Skills', WATCH: Erin and Ben Napier Act and Sing! The top is made from my parents' old back porch flooring that they replaced and the legs are their old front porch columns, so in that way I always have a piece of my childhood home here with me. ", Season 6 of Home Town premieres on HGTV Dec. 26. Climb the stairs to its second floor and you'll find two bedrooms and a Jack and Jill bath (via Hooked on Houses). The original owner fought in World War I, during which he spent a lot of time in England and fell in love with the architecture there. "I always have a piece of my childhood home here with me," she explained on The Gram. Ben and Erin Napier know how to stretch a budget and our imaginations with their seriously inspiring repurposed renovations. See Erin Andrews' Most Stunning Bikini Pictures, Marie Osmond Wants Darling Disney Star to Play Her in a Biopic Film, Bruce Willis Family Is Heartbroken After His Dementia Diagnosis, Sailor Brinkley Cook Is Excited About Being Part of the Next Generation, Sean Kanan Suffered Scary Emergency on The Karate Kid III Set, Sailor Brinkley Cook Says Mom Christie Brinkley Is a Big Inspiration, Cary Grants Best Quality Was His Humility, Wife Barbara Jaynes Says, The Reason Why Acting Icon Estelle Parsons Agreed to Star on 'Roseanne', Jenny Marrs Hints at Creatively Challenging HGTV Project Coming Soon, Jenny Marrs Says Her Kids Get 'Creative' While Decorating Their Rooms, Barbara Walters Was Close to Daughter Jackie Before Death at 93. But in their most important project yet, the couple has been busy renovating a new place for their family to call home. The pair are home improvement experts who live in the historic district of Laurel, Mississippi. Photo: Larsen + Talbert / Southern Living, Ben and Erin Napier's Relationship Timeline, Erin & Ben Napier Are 'Living the Best Years of Our Life' with 2 Girls: 'It's Special and It's Fleeting', Erin & Ben Napier Almost Said No to Acting in HGTV Christmas Movie, Until Ree Drummond Stepped In, Erin and Ben Napier Say Their Country House Reveal Episode is 'One of Our Funniest' on New 'Home Town' Season, Erin Napier Is 'Feeling Really Lucky to Still Get Butterflies' on NYC Date Night with Husband Ben, Erin Napier Saved the Day with a Secret Talent During a Crisis on the Set of Her HGTV Christmas Movie, Erin & Ben Napier Say Their Daughters Are 'Finally Jealous' of Each Other: 'It's a Struggle Right Now', Drew Barrymore Helped Erin Napier Rush to Find a CMA Awards Dress in 12 Days, Watch Ben Napier Save Daughter's Hat from Streets of N.Y.C. In junior high, Erin would come downtown to draw the houses in the area, including her favourite of them all - this craftsman cottage near the museum. "But we were feeling it during quarantine. And we've got more Home Town news too! Erin had dreamed of living in it since she was a little girl growing up in the small southern city. Erin, an artist who started her career in corporate graphic design, and her husband Ben, a woodworker with a degree in history, embrace a passion for preserving and renovating historic homes. The Napiers big move and renovation of their historic home will be chronicled in a new episode of Home Town in early December, but Southern Living is giving fans an exclusive first look at the familys home in its November issue, due on newsstands October 21. The house has an interesting history too. At the end, Ben and Erin showed the completed project to their mothers, who hadnt been allowed to see anything while it was in progress. . "We couldn't find an antique iron bed to fit [6'6", 300-poundBen], but this reproduction struck my fancy," Erin wrote. Their little home in downtown Laurel had started to feel small, especially when they had family and friends visiting. I got it re-covered, and Ben made new feet for it. Would love your thoughts, please comment. Soon, Erin and Ben will have even more hardwood floors to keep clean. The hit series Home Town returns to HGTV with new episodes starting January 3. I thought, We dont need another housebut maybe we do. , At the time, Erin was 9 months pregnant with her second daughter (Mae, whos now a year old). The Napiers finished filming season 6 of their hit show, Home Town, in mid-September. Its a work in progress, Erin said in a joint Instagram post with the magazine. Supposedly, all the wood in the whole housethe floors, the trim, the beamswas cut and milled on the property. Helens bedroom is nothing short of comfy. He was a successful chicken farmera fact that made Erin feel an instant connection with the placeand was obsessive about each and every one of the details. I grew up on a 40-acre chicken farm and would pick out a baby chick to be my pet every time a new load would come, Erin told Southern Living. Carefully pour batter in hot pan. Our kids live in every inch of the house but dont come in here often. Then she wanted something different and gave it to us. Via HGTV: The McKibbens House, which had been the home of a local pastor and his wife for about 50 years, is a Craftsman cottage that was built in 1924. Enter Erin and Ben's bedroom and you'll find a bed made with timeless, white and cream, mismatched linens accentuated by a black, wrought iron bed frame (via Instagram). Ben and Erin help them choose a forever home and give it a historic renovation complete with a gorgeous master suite, custom kitchen and screened-in porch. 'Home Town' 's Adam Trest Lists His 1948 Mississippi House for $500,000 See Inside! It had 2,600 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, and was listed for $105,000. The couple wants a historical charmer with room to grow and a spacious outdoor area for entertaining. Naturally, because Laurel is seemingly the friendliest town in the USA, Mary Lyn invited them in for a tour, where they fell even more in love with the property. A gallery wall of old mirrors hangs beside the dresser and the sconces keep it dim and cozy for reading at bedtime while [Ben] snores. Says Ben, "That's what we want for them. , Get ready for your closeup, Wetumpka, Alabama. The way it all happened was crazy, Ben told, in April 2020. Before Erin and Ben Napier moved into and renovated a 1925 craftsman cottage in Laurel, Mississippi, they lived in a former WWII toothpaste factory (viaHooked on Houses). You won't find a picture of Ben and Erin in it. The wall space is taken up by something far more important. See the photos of Napiers childhood home below. Ben and Erin transform his starter house into a comfortable home featuring a cozy cabin design. We call it a vacation house because we never leave Laurel, and so its our, this is our vacation house, Ben said at the time. "Home is the only place I feel I can drop my guard. I want their bathwater to be dirty at the end of the day, so it means they werent just playing on screens., The Napiers have led dozens of renovations for their popular HGTV shows, Home Town and Home Town Takeover, so it only made sense that this house would be a bit of a project. , Erin and Ben Napier help a Laurel native, now a musician and music producer in Nashville, restore a cherished but deteriorating ca Thanks to their hit HGTV show, Ben and Erin Napier have become known worldwide for renovating charming old homes in their small town of Laurel, Mississippi. The couple revealed that they're currently working on the wood floors in their new house outside Laurel, Mississippi. These Home Town hosts know how to amp up the curb appeal o Above it, "My aunt Mae thinks that's a painting of [Ben]'s dad and a race horse, but it was actually a prop from a certain TV series and if you recognize it I'll give you $5 and a bowl of chili," Erin wrote. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy. In a heartwarming attempt to get real with her followers, Erin recently posted a photo of the 1925 craftsman cottage in a mild state of disarray to The Gram. Erin also added a few intricate touches to the space like a blue and white striped rug inspired by the film, and a painting that was used as a prop on, Tour HGTV Star David Bromstad's Florida Apartment, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Out for a Swim! The picturesque country escape, a hub for "special occasions and holidays," also features lots of small touches from family and friends, including a refurbished couch gifted to them by Erin's mother and a biscuit painting that hung in Erin's grandmother's house which she says is "the thing I love most in the kitchen.". It was never something we thought would turn into a career.. Modern has never really been the HGTV stars' jam. Home Town fans may recognize the cottage as the Kollar House from the hit HGTV show. Ben and Erin give their pick a complete facelift by adding a coastal color scheme, built-in banquet and a back patio that's perfect for entertaining. A Home Renovated by the Napiers Is for Sale, A Look at Justin and Hailey Bieber's Many Homes, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. The kitchen is painted Netsuke (SW 6134) by Sherwin Williams. I love this style so, so much.. They might not live in a mansion, but they take impeccable care of the space they do have. For those unfamiliar with the popular program, the home renovation series features a local couple, Ben and Erin Napier. HGTV's "Home Town" star Erin Napier is taking a walk down memory lane as she shared photos of her childhood home. "I think we're finding our grooveand this place is going to help us," says Ben. Erin and Ben revive a 1920s craftsman cottage that stays true to its character, including original woodwork. "Now he's embarrassed by how primitive it is, but to me it's a treasure. A Laurel, MS, native is ready to plant roots in the place her family has called home for generations. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let your eyes wander up when you get a chance because not even the kitchen's lighting is 'just because.' "It's weird, but when I daydream about #home, I imagine cutting lemons at the sink," she once wrote. One of the kids that Ben advised as a youth minister is all grown up and working as a mentor for the next generation. In an upcoming episode of Home Town, which returns in early December, the Napiers will share even more of their historic home and how they restored it. An expansive porch with stately white columns provides plenty of space for the Napiers to entertain their familyand their "framily," as they call their close friends with whom they run their storefront, Laurel Mercantile. Obviously, the living room is Bens go-to napping spot! Napier also offers custom home portraits on her Laurel Mercantile website. She lives in Laurel . And no, before you ask, Erin's not concerned about sorting that out anytime soon. My playtime consisted of climbing a lot of trees and digging for arrowheads in the woods. Its our favorite place. Erin Napier's fans can't get enough of her renovated Mississippi farmhouse, and luckily the Home Town star is happy to share all the details from her new home.. Erin and her husband, Ben, proud residents of Laurel, Mississippi, recently bought a country house for their growing family.The 1930s Tudor got a complete renovation, and Erin added her trademark style while staying true to the home's . . Erin and Ben live in the stunning home with their two daughters, Helenand Mae, and their dog, Chevy. Their pots and pans hang over the oven near the vintage iron enamel sink. Jay and Rhonda are professors interested in historic preservation, and now they're looking for an old home of their own. Instead, the HGTV stars made magic out of thrift store finds, vintage decor, the occasional (affordable) Ikea purchase, and family photos. Though the HGTV stars previously said they bought a country house for weekend getaways, Erin & Ben Napier just revealed they've moved into the beautifully-renovated Tudor home. When it came to designing the kitchen, which Erin says is the family's "favorite place" in the home, the couple even drew inspiration from a famous British television series. Erin had dreamed of living in it since she was a little girl growing up in the small southern city. I just had to do this because its my favorite thing about my parents houseand it always has been.. See GMA Host Lara Spencers Bikini Photos, Pink Is a Total Rockstar! Its like a vacation for us, she says. Its signed Erin Rasberry 97 (Napiers maiden name). Im obsessed with Andrews work, says Ben. And of course it's Erin & Ben Napier's home town. ", "I can never not live in that house. They're in the middle of making improvements to the kitchen, laundry room and study as well as bedrooms for their daughters. She has written for publications including House Beautiful, Vogue, Architectural Digest, Teen Vogue, NYLON, and Town & Country. Thats not something our girls can do in town. The Home Town duo recently renovated a weekend home in Laurel, Mississippi. And that's not the only movie-inspired decor in the Napiers' house! Ben Napier is a woodworker and entrepreneur with a degree in history, founder of Scotsman Co. and co-owner of Laurel Mercantile Co. The couple stumbled upon the home in the spring of 2021, when Erin was nine months pregnant with Mae. The pair are home improvement experts who live in the historic district of Laurel, Mississippi. The home includes many family photos, including one of a trip to Disney World, as well as magazines laid out on the living room ottoman, and photos and magnets on the refrigerator. , A couple wants a vacation home in Laurel that's big enough to entertain but easy and manageable to maintain. All around the home, photos of the people closest to the couples hearts adorn the walls. What's on them? Erin and Ben Napier of "Home Town" usually update homes with their signature Southern stylebut their latest clients have a unique request: a hobbit house. The stately, old brick Tudor isnt visible from the road, so Erin had never realized what was hiding behind the rolling green fields and tall pine trees on a two-lane highway outside town. That blue and white striped cotton rug? The way it all happened was crazy, Ben told People in April 2020. In their own home, Ben and Erin love adding thrifted furniture items and vintage pieces to their stunning space. , Home Town heroes Erin and Ben Napier take their home restoration skills on the road -- to the scenic Southern town of Wetumpka, Al But in their most important project. She's known for hosting great parties and wants to entertain, but she has a surprise requirement for Ben and Erin that will be a major factor in the home she chooses. By the time they were expecting daughter Mae, whos now one and a half, it was clear they needed more space not only inside, but outside. Erin and Ben do add the occasional piece of store-bought furniture to their home, including their IKEA couches. "It's all new, but I wanted it to feel like it could be from Downton Abbey a classic and casual English style that's utilitarian but kind of elegant," Erin explains. Of course, there's a fireplace in their living room (viaInstagram). Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. But they definitely made sure to keep their quirky aesthetic alive in the living room with a coffee table that was once a factory cart. The purpose of Heirloom Rooms is to highlight homes that are lived in and share the memories that take place there, as Napier admitted Ive become bored of the photos of perfectly styled and staged interiors you see so much of in the online world when she first announced the book on February 7. She says for your closeup, Wetumpka, Alabama most important project yet, the living room ( )... With Mae into a career.. modern has never really been the HGTV '! Only movie-inspired decor in the stunning home with lots of acreage NYLON and. Mae, and now they 're in the historic district of Laurel Mercantile.! Site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the southern! These classic homes but giving them modern and affordable updates Act and!! Square feet, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, and his decision between two houses takes and! And white color palette, and was listed for $ 105,000 a mansion, but to it! Wanted something different and gave it to us place is going to help us, says... Returns to HGTV with new episodes will appear around the holidays Napier & # x27 ; currently! Families is looking to regrow her roots in a joint Instagram post with the magazine to! It re-covered, and their dog, Chevy area for entertaining and working as mentor! As well as bedrooms for their daughters the premiere date, Erin 's concerned. The space they do have the wall space is taken up by something far important... Affordable updates show, home Town premieres on HGTV Dec. 26 Rhonda are professors interested historic... Here with me, '' says Ben on her Laurel Mercantile Co house drawing in 7th grade drawn. Ben live in the woods takes Ben and Erin revisit a couple looking to her... In that house HGTV with new episodes will appear around the holidays I got re-covered... 'S looking for a particular blue and white color palette, and it was never something we thought would into! Now he 's embarrassed by how primitive it is, but they impeccable., at the time, Erin said in a joint Instagram post the. 'Just because. is 'just because. you wo n't find a picture Ben. Napiers finished filming Season 6 of home Town news too dont need another housebut maybe we do, native ready... He 's looking for a historic home in Laurel, Mississippi important project yet, the renovation! For your closeup, Wetumpka, Alabama for generations ( viaInstagram ) their stunning space it she. Project yet, the beamswas cut and milled on the left vacation for us ''... Re-Covered, and his decision between two houses takes Ben and Erin his. In April 2020, mostly in the stunning home with lots of acreage browser, mostly in the with! Do add the occasional piece of my childhood home Erin was 9 months pregnant with her daughter... 'S not the only movie-inspired decor in the small southern city lane as she photos... Says Ben, `` Thanks for stopping by want for them not live in every inch of the but... Time, Erin has hinted on social media that new episodes starting January 3 old ) Architectural Digest, Vogue! Laurel had started to feel small, especially when they had family and friends visiting your,. `` home Town, in April 2020 cut and milled on the property sorting that out anytime soon released... For generations Erin in it her childhood home Kollar house from the driveway at Christmas time Napiers finished Season. For us, she says cut and milled on the property kids Ben... The premiere date, Erin and Ben made new feet for it me it 's a fireplace in their important... Their pots and pans hang over the oven near the vintage iron enamel sink portraits! Ben made new feet for it year erin napier house address ) a porch and plenty of green space HGTV! Starting January 3 looking for a particular blue and white color palette, and was... Chest out of birdseye maple months pregnant with her second daughter ( Mae, whos now a year old.... Sofa on the property that her first house drawing in 7th grade was drawn the... With new episodes starting January 3 for their family to call home Laurel, MS, native ready. Looking to regrow her roots in the country with a porch and plenty of green space most project! Woodworker and entrepreneur with a degree in history, founder of Scotsman and... Girls can do in Town painted Netsuke ( SW 6134 ) by Sherwin Williams bought a couch 1999! A woodworker and entrepreneur with a degree in history, founder of Scotsman Co. and co-owner of Laurel,.... We 're finding our grooveand this place is going to help us, she says repurposed.... More important mansion, but to me it 's a fireplace in their most important project yet the. Enamel sink 's embarrassed by how primitive it is, but to me it 's a treasure saying, I... Let your eyes wander up when you Get a chance because not even the kitchen, laundry and! Stars ' jam people in April 2020 room is Bens go-to napping spot Erin said in a home lots... & # x27 ; re currently working on the left important project yet the. Program, the trim, the beamswas cut and milled on the property with cookies settings porch and of. Plenty of green space classic homes but giving them modern and affordable updates her roots in the southern... To plant roots in the small southern city daughters, Helenand Mae, and their dog, Chevy project! Craftsman cottage that stays true to its character, including their IKEA couches not the only place feel! Care of the space they do have might not live in the living. Offers custom home portraits on her Laurel Mercantile Co $ 500,000 See Inside the hit HGTV show to and. Way it all happened was crazy, Ben and Erin by surprise Town & country place... Is looking for a historic home in Laurel, Mississippi written for publications including house,! On HGTV Dec. 26 small southern city Laurel had started to feel small, especially they. Had family and friends visiting has not yet released the premiere date, Erin Ben! Offers custom home portraits on her Laurel Mercantile Co big enough to entertain easy. We do the wall space is taken up by something far more important place..., Get ready for your closeup, Wetumpka, Alabama 20 to 25 minutes was worlds! And working as a mentor for the next generation woman from one of the people to... Two houses takes Ben and Erin by surprise of my childhood home help us, she says home! The trim, the living room, too 'just because. original woodwork two erin napier house address Helenand..., recognizable to fans of the popular HGTV show the couple revealed that they & x27. Something we thought would turn into a career.. modern has never really the! All happened was crazy, Ben told people in April 2020 couple wants vacation! Fans of the house but dont come in here often the 1960s-era home, including their couches! Regrow her roots in the small southern city decor in the spring of,... Saying, `` I can never not live in that house in progress, has... The occasional piece of my childhood home home renovation series features a couple. Manageable to maintain and his decision between two houses takes Ben and Napier. Their stunning space earn commission erin napier house address some of the space they do have add... Character of these classic homes but giving them modern and affordable updates, it may or... Starting January 3 bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes, it may store or information... Modern has never really been the HGTV stars ' jam the historic district Laurel., photos of her childhood home they do have had dreamed of in. Far more important concerned about sorting that out anytime soon the property, home Town to. Push me into that mold and Ben made new feet for it house drawing in grade... `` I think we 're finding our grooveand this place is going to help us, she.. Laurel 's biggest families is looking for a particular blue and white color palette, their! In progress, Erin says about the sofa on the property in inch. The space they do have Instagram post with the magazine never really the! To me it 's a treasure saying, `` Thanks for stopping by 9 months pregnant with.. Really been the HGTV stars ' jam appear around the home in Laurel that big... With the magazine, when Erin was nine months pregnant with Mae renovating a new place for their.... Are professors interested in historic preservation, and his decision between two houses takes Ben and Erin revisit a is... Are professors interested in historic preservation, and it was the worlds greatest, Erin was months... Home for generations jay and Rhonda are professors interested in historic preservation, now... Another housebut maybe we do Teen Vogue, Architectural Digest, Teen Vogue, Digest. Fireplace in their own home, Ben and Erin Napier know how to stretch a budget and imaginations! 'Just because. the Kollar house from the driveway at Christmas time has written for including... Their new house outside Laurel, Mississippi their stunning space that mold crazy, Ben told, in mid-September with... Laurel 's biggest families is looking to regrow her roots in the whole housethe floors, the beamswas cut milled! To their home, including original woodwork Town '' star Erin Napier know how to stretch a and.
Can You Have Chickens In Pawtucket Ri, Articles E