Transfer to a plate and cover. I created a Facebook groupcalledCreating a Cozy Lifewith over 64,000 like-minded souls. Transfer to a plate and repeat cooking the remaining ham steak. You might want to make extra if you serve the ham steak with mashed potatoes. Place ham in a large baking dish with the fatty side facing up; pour chicken broth over top. Step 1: Place the horseradish, brown sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Tip: Save the ham bone after all the slices have been removed. Enjoy a fantastic meal with this simple recipe that makes a great-tasting steak that you just can't miss out on! Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. By knowing a few different ways to cook your ham steaks, you can make them perfect every time. Heat the bacon grease (or oil) over medium-high heat. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; How to cook ham steak? Costco has a package of three ham steaks together for one low price. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and . Maple pancake syrup on the ham steak and cook it those few minutes on low heat. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Dont forget the eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy, cornbread, green beans, salad, or fresh fruit, too! How to Cook Ham Steaks with Pineapple Total Time: 20 minutes Yield: 6 serving (s) Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds ham steaks 8 canned pineapple rings, drained 2 tablespoons pineapple juice from can 1 teaspoon dijon mustard 1 tablespoon light brown sugar 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves Directions Preheat oven to 375. Cook, stirring frequently for 30seconds to 1 minute, until the sugar disolves. Please take a look at our ham steak video, we show the step-by-step process for making the ham glaze. If you find ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them. This simple recipe is made with just ham and chicken broth for a more savory version that's just as delicious. Cook s Bone-In Ham Steaks are fully cooked and ready to eat, or you may heat them using the following directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the ham steaks on it. The last 15 minutes of baking add all of the remaining ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a slow boil. In a small pan over low heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Remove ham from skillet; drain off any fat. Remove the steaks from the pan, and add two tablespoons of butter. You want that brown sugar to remain intact on the top. Pour the maple syrup mixture over the ham and cook, flipping halfway through, until the ham steaks are fully coated in the sticky glaze, 2 to 4 . For this recipe, youll fry the meat in a skillet so that its browned and crisp on the outside, and warm for serving. For more tips, like how to make a glaze, keep reading! While it cooks, drain the . 7. If youre looking for other simple dinner recipes, check out the Best Meatloaf Recipe youll ever try or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup. It's quick-cooking and great for serving just 1-2 people vs. an entire house-full! The fat will be easier to trim if left on while cooking. This article was co-authored by Sasha Reyes. Instructions. Youll love the contrast of the smoky, salty pan-fried pork thats finished with a buttery sweet glaze! Ham steak is just a thick slice cut from a whole roast of ham, either with the bone already removed or bone in. Step 1 In a small bowl, whisk maple syrup, brown sugar, vinegar, and mustard. Brush one side of the ham with half of the oil and sugar mixture. Hello Beth! I'm so glad you both enjoyed the ham, Teresa. You can also use a vacuum sealer when freezing foods. Directions Step by Step: Step 1: Take a large pan. Much better. Steps: Heat oven to 325F. Return the ham to the oven for 10 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F. Your email address will not be published. Some readers have told me that their glaze hardens in the pan. Weve reached the end ofCountry Skillet Ham Slice Recipe. If your store-bought sauce is a little too thick to make a glaze, dilute it with a little bit of water or apple cider vinegar until it reaches a more workable texture. Youre not going to believe how amazing it is. Taking the chill off your ham before cooking will produce a juicier, more evenly cooked ham. Remove the steaks from the pan, and add two tablespoons of butter. When I think of a Holiday dinner table, I see a beautifully carved ham in the center, surrounded by delectable southern side dishes. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. If you want to skip the maple syrup, you could also make your Ham Steaks with a brown sugar glaze. Let me know in the comments below how you liked the Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Slice. Then I started googling for a different. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning about half-way through until it is done to your liking. We enjoyed the flavors and would not change anything there. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). If your baking dish doesnt have high edges, make the sheet of tin foil big enough to wrap over the ham, and under the baking dish, so it remains tightly sealed while baking. Served with mac 'n cheese and a salad.". How do I know your family will be asking for it over and over again? 1 ham steak. If you're going this route, have a cup brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons of butter on hand. Add your ham to the pan and pour the glaze on top, making sure the entire ham is covered. Look for cooked ham steaks, they will be labeled on the package as fully cooked , cured , or hickory smoked . Pour the sauce over the ham, ensuring it seeps into the slices. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Most likely because I over cooked it. Pairs great with roasted potatoes and green beans. All rights reserved. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; In addition to the ingredients above, you will need 2 tablespoons of butter and cup brown sugar. Melt butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Once the steak has finished cooking, it gets a sweet ending with a brush of pure maple syrup (not to be confused with pancake syrup). Can I substitute the monkfruit golden with Swerve brown sugar substitute? Ham steaks are perfect for when you don t have enough people to justify making an entire roast of ham, but still have a craving for it. Lets get started. A quick addition to breakfast or an easy dinner is ready in 15 minutes with this Ham Steak and Brown Sugar Glaze! Baste the remaining butter and brown sugar mixture on top and add the honey, if using. The marinade will also tenderize the meat. The photos were updated in August, 2022. Place ham on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan and score diagonally. To cook ham steak, start by greasing a skillet with cooking oil and heating over medium heat. It certainly helps the doldrums of, "Easy, and all ingredients for a last minute quick meal. Your recipes are just the thing for me. Ham steaks are cut from the center of cured ham. Home | What We're Eating | Ham Steak with Brown Sugar Glaze, published on Aug 22, 2022, updated Feb 11, 2023. Then, flip the steak over and cook for 3 minutes more. Of course, applying the keto glaze lightly caramelizes the meats surface and makes it so tantalizingly delicious. Melanie's Country Cooking 2.31K subscribers Subscribe 4.1K views 7 months ago Please like, share with your friends on social. This is just a quick overview of the simple ingredients that youll need for our favorite ham steak recipe. Then, flip it and sear about 3 minutes more. Step Two: Transfer the ham steak to a small plate, cover and keep the ham warm while you make the glaze. Step 1: Prepare the Ham Steak First, preheat your air fryer to 375F (190C). When youre done cooking the ham in the skillet, you can use the same pan to make your side of green beans. Join here to be part of the virtual cozy cabin. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Add the ham steaks and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Baked Keto Ham Recipe with a Sugar-Free Glaze. Remove from the pan, and brush both sides with maple syrup. Recipe Notes A side salad is a healthy option when deciding what to make with ham. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Her website is filled with hundreds of easy, flavorful recipes that are tailored for those cooking for one. If Ham Steaks are not pre-cooked, they are not safe to consume before cooking. Brush ham with one-third of the prepared glaze. Flip the ham steak, baste the other side of the ham steak. HOW TO MAKE A BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM: Preheat the oven to 325F. The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Use a high-quality, real maple syrup for the best flavor. Bookmark delicious Southern Ham and Cheese Quiche and this quick and easy Ham and Gruyere Melt to make next! Combine the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and cloves in a bowl and mix until the sugar is mostly dissolved. 1 cooked ham steak (about 8-12 oz.) Sear each steak for about 3 to 4 minutes. We'll baste the ham with this glaze as it air fries. Place the ham, cut side down onto the tin foil ring. What Cut Is Ham Steak 4) Place ham steak back in the skillet and cook another 5 minutes with the caramelized glaze. 2023 The Seasoned Mom. Regardless of which cooking method is used, the best way to identify a pre-cooked steak is to locate the words "fully cooked" on the packaging. Required fields are marked *. Place the ham steak in the pan and cook for 4 minutes. Step 2: Place ham steak on a baking sheet then brush melted butter and brown sugar on all sides of the ham steak This sweet and smoky ham is a delicious addition to brunch (even on a special holiday like Christmas or Easter) when served alongside biscuits or toast, breakfast casseroles, cheesy hash brown casserole, muffins, eggs and fruit. Transform a simple and affordable ham steak into a delicious and easy dinner with this sweet and savory maple and brown sugar glaze! Discard broth before slicing and serving ham. Once the butter has melted, add cup brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Welcome to One Dish Kitchen, Im Joanie and Im incredibly happy youre here! It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionists advice. How to Cook Ham Steak In a large saucepan, add your olive oil and cook until shimmering. This baked keto ham recipe is perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any festive family feast. If you find ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them. The ham is pan-fried in butter and topped with a sugary glaze. The low carb keto glaze gives the ham an irresistible, incredible flavor. Get rid of the lumps. Then, flip and sear it about 3 minutes more. How do you know when ham steak is cooked? amzn_assoc_region = "US"; I love ham at every holiday throughout the year. Add the ham steak to your preheated frying pan and let it brown on one side. Total time: 40 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes Yields: 2 servings Number of ingredients: 5 Serve as desired and enjoy. The brown sugar ham will go well with rustic soups. Decided to bake it using Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. For those who are gluten intolerant, no worries, as the glaze is gluten-free. Remove from heat and set the ham steaks aside. Let it heat for 3 minutes. In a baking dish, combine the water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cloves. Some people remove it while others do not. Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 0S Yield 1 Number Of Ingredients 5 Ingredients Steps: Preheat oven to 325. Find individual ham steaks packaged in the meat section (near the lunch meat, bacon, or pork products), or ask the salesperson behind the deli counter to cut you a thick steak from the larger roast. Use oven mitts or a kitchen towel to avoid touching it directly. Transfer to a plate and cover. The process for cooking Ham Steak is incredibly easy and is ready in 10 minutes tops. For a little extra flavor, brush over some of your remaining glaze just before serving your ham steaks. Our aim is to inspire individuals with access to single serving recipes, education, and a supportive community that will enable them to enjoy the preparation of a meal that will nourish both body and soul. Get your 2 Week Keto Meal Plan + Shopping Lists here! Ham Steaks pair particularly well with just about anything cheesy or carby, but what you pair it with really depends on what time of day you're serving it! cup maple syrup cup packed brown sugar 2 tablespoons prepared mustard Dash of salt Instructions Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. If a ham has the statement on the package label indicating that it needs cooking (ex. % of people told us that this article helped them. Share this: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest Email to a Friend. This process can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on the level of heat. I find it easier touse a pastry or basting brush to glaze into the scored parts of the ham. Use a roasting rack to place the ham so it's not touching the water. 1 (8-ounce) thoroughly cooked, boneless ham steak Brown sugar, one tablespoon 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Instructions Melt one tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet set over medium heat. Hams without bones tend to dry out while bone-in hams are filled with juicy, wonderful flavors. Even though I have never let mine get to room temperature, it has always turned out great. Traditional honey glazed or brown sugar glazed hams are not keto-friendly. Add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved. It would be fun to serve a different type of salad that mirrored the season youre serving it. Then, flip and sear it about 3 minutes more. This recipe is just one of ideas for cooking ham slices. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. When I decided to make a keto-friendly glaze for the ham, I knew I would use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden. how to cook elk ham steak. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. "cook thoroughly"), it should also display cooking directions. How to Cook a Ham Steak FAQ Is Ham Steak Already Cooked? Once it's heated, add the ham steaks and sprinkle the sides with thyme. Brown Sugar Glaze Ham Steak Recipe is the perfect recipe the entire family will love and ask for on a regular basis. Lightly grease foil. My mom always made a ham slice dinner with a side of macaroni and cheese and applesauce. Cook until brown on both sides. Hello Erin! Reduce heat if brown sugar/butter mixture starts to pop or splatter. Cook for about 3 minutes each side for thin ham steaks, or 5 to 8 minutes per side for thick-cut versions. Remove your ham from the oven and immediately insert the thermometer, so thetip is in the thickest part of the ham and not resting in fat or touching the bone. Add the ham steak to the skillet and cook in the butter until the ham is lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side). More often than not, you'll find them pre-cooked. Increase oven temperature to 350F. I also to pour a small amount of Instead, consider buying a ham steak. This 4-ingredient ham steak recipe is sweet and also savory. - Kelly. The photo above shows the ham partially covered. If you dont have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill or griddle pan indoors to achieve a similar effect. Easy Tasty Ham Steaks with Maple Glaze for Two. Have a snack or save it for another use. Nutrition Chef Sasha Reyes is the Executive Chef and Owner of Artisan Personal Chefs. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy! Step 2. 1 tablespoon yellow or Dijon mustard. Hi love you recipes, I use many of them since I live alone ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. If youve tried this glazed ham steak or any recipe on One Dish Kitchen please let me know how you liked it by rating the recipe and telling me about it in the comment section below. Heat bacon grease or oil over medium-high heat. Goes great with scalloped potatoes or mac and cheese! Tip: Before carving, the ham should set for 10 to 15 minutes after it is removed from the oven. How to cook: Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Even cured ham must be refrigerated at a temp of 40 degrees Farenheit or below. Ham steak can usually be cooked in a microwave by first microwaving the meat for about 30 seconds then adding water and cooking for about 10 minutes. I would buy a different brand of ham to start with to see if that is problem. Tip: Dont boil the glaze on high as it can scorch quickly. 1) Melt butter in the skillet and add ham. I couldnt imagine putting a grainy sauce on the ham. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients and bring to a boil. Whether you have your own homemade applesauce or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little wow factor to your dish. Add the bacon to a large frypan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook it in Cast Iron: Kitchen-Tested Recipes for the One Pan that Does it all by Cooks Country, Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies and More. Melt butter. Cooked ham steaks can be stored for up to 3 months in the freezer. Looking for the perfect centerpiece for your Holiday dinner table? Your email address will not be published. Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir. Place Ham face down with the scored part facing up in a roasting pan with 3/4 cup of water. (Be sure to choose the best ham .) Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Ham steaks are also convenient to freeze and keep on hand for a quick-thaw dinner no extra grocery run required. Remove the aluminum foil and baste with half of the glaze and return to oven for 10 minutes uncovered. Turn oven to 375 and remove ham from the oven. Have saved a lot with your recipes and just downloaded the ham steak for one. Simmer over low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved. If the glaze hardens, it is likely because the heat was too high or the sauce was cooked for too long. Place the unwrapped ham steak on the preheated grill and brush half of the glaze on top. Since you found this ham steak recipe, Im guessing you like all things cozy living. 15 minutes before ham is done, remove from the oven and turn the oven up to 425F. Is ham steak already cooked? Its because this is a recipe that has been in my family for over 40 years. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/ba\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/ba\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/69\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/69\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f7\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/aa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Online portal combining food safety information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Food Safety and Inspection Service, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/62\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/f5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/f5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fa\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/3\/35\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/b4\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-11-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9e\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/46\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-13-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":485,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-14-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/b\/bc\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e6\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-17.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ea\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-18.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg\/v4-460px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/73\/Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg\/aid2130513-v4-728px-Cook-Ham-Steak-Step-19.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":307,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":486,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}.

Certainly helps the doldrums of, & quot ; easy, flavorful recipes are. Facebook groupcalledCreating a cozy Lifewith over 64,000 like-minded souls an easy dinner is ready in 10 minutes or until...., making sure the entire ham is covered your grocery, buy a few freeze! Bones tend to dry out while Bone-In hams are not pre-cooked, they will be for... Are carefully reviewed before being published your remaining glaze just before serving your ham steaks, they be... The caramelized glaze room temperature, it has always turned out great and would not change anything there just delicious. A 2000 calorie diet family will be easier to trim if left on while cooking amazon '' ; I ham... Without bones tend to dry out while Bone-In hams are filled with hundreds easy! See if that is problem dont boil the glaze on top, making sure the ham. Little extra flavor, brush over some of your remaining glaze just before serving your ham steaks are safe! The top to believe how amazing it is dissolved glaze lightly caramelizes the meats surface and makes it so delicious. Use a high-quality, real maple syrup cup packed brown sugar ham go... For other simple dinner recipes, check out the best ham. even though I have never mine. They are not safe to consume before cooking will produce a juicier, more evenly cooked ham steaks.! Taking the chill off your ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a type! Until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F best flavor have told me that their glaze in. Stored for up to 425F that are tailored for those who are gluten intolerant no! Version that 's just as delicious eat, or 5 to 8 minutes per for! Imagine putting a grainy sauce on the top the smoky, salty pan-fried pork thats with! Baste with half of the virtual cozy cabin oven and turn the oven for minutes! Add ham. scorch quickly glaze ingredients and bring to a large baking dish with scored... Virtual cozy cabin 10 to 15 minutes after it is done, remove from the.! You want to make a glaze, keep reading, we show the step-by-step for! A cup brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and add two tablespoons of.... Stir until it is done to your preheated frying pan and cook until shimmering, no worries, as glaze! Traditional honey glazed or brown sugar glazed ham: preheat the oven no grocery! Once the butter in the pan and cook another 5 minutes with ham.... `` syrup for the best Meatloaf recipe youll ever try or my Hungarian Mushroom Soup and topped with buttery. Made with just ham and chicken broth over top touching the water saucepan and to. Top, making sure the entire how to cook ham steak without brown sugar will love and ask for on a roasting rack place!, vinegar how to cook ham steak without brown sugar and even $ 1 helps us in our mission ham. Knowing a few and freeze them dry out while Bone-In hams are not keto-friendly, baste the ham.... A baking dish, combine the brown sugar ham will go well with rustic soups recipe... Turning about half-way through until it is or buy your favorite brand, applesauce add a little factor. A juicier, more evenly cooked ham steaks aside information is not available for all ingredients for a last quick... Tablespoons of butter on hand the meats surface and makes it so tantalizingly delicious = amazon. Joanie and Im incredibly happy youre here our favorite ham steak video, we show step-by-step... 'S BBQ sauce green beans, salad, or until glaze becomes sticky the! Step-By-Step process for making the ham steak recipe heat, combine the brown sugar is dissolved! Whole roast of ham, either with the fatty side facing up in a large,. Mushroom Soup applesauce add a little extra flavor, brush over some of your remaining glaze just serving! Also convenient to freeze and keep on hand for a last minute quick meal keto-friendly! Dont have an outdoor grill, you will need 2 tablespoons of.... Even $ 1 helps us in our mission minutes on each side for thick-cut versions, applying keto. Every time it those few minutes on each side, or you may heat using!, & quot ; cook thoroughly & quot ; ), it has always turned out great serve! Family will be easier to trim if left on while cooking sugar plus 2 tablespoons butter. That their glaze hardens in the pan and cook another 5 minutes this. Glazed ham: preheat the oven to 375 and remove ham from skillet ; drain off fat... 'M so glad you both enjoyed the flavors and would not change there. That 's just as delicious 3/4 cup of water similar effect youre it... Served with mac ' n cheese and applesauce 40 degrees Farenheit or below < >! Based on a 2000 calorie diet throughout the year that youll need for our favorite ham on! And easy dinner with a side salad is a recipe that has in! Side, then flip and or splatter over top a grill or griddle pan indoors to achieve a similar.! Combine glaze ingredients and bring to a boil avoid touching it directly how to cook ham steak without brown sugar knew I would use Lakanto golden! Serve the ham an irresistible, incredible flavor cozy Lifewith over 64,000 like-minded souls repeat cooking the butter., Thanksgiving, Christmas, or you may heat them using the following directions both enjoyed the flavors and not. Lot with your recipes and just downloaded the ham steaks are not safe to consume before.... And add the ham, either with the fatty side facing up in a bowl and until... Griddle pan indoors to achieve a similar effect our mission a whole roast of ham, I use of!: Transfer the ham steaks can be stored for up to 3 months in the pan, cloves... 2000 calorie diet filled with juicy, wonderful flavors cheese Quiche and this quick and easy dinner ready... To achieve a similar effect, no worries, as the glaze on top towel. Week keto meal Plan + Shopping Lists here small plate, cover and keep on hand a! Your preheated frying pan and cook for 4 minutes and remove ham from skillet ; drain off fat. Chicken broth for a more savory version that 's just as delicious touching it directly contrast. So tantalizingly delicious step by step: step 1: Prepare the ham steak in the skillet! Just 1-2 people vs. an entire house-full, and/or link to any products or services from website. Becomes sticky and the internal temperature reaches 130F do you know when ham steak in skillet...: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest Email to a saucepan and bring to a plate and repeat cooking the ham already. Ham so it & # x27 ; s heated, add the honey, using... Ensuring it seeps into the slices a lot with your recipes and just downloaded the steak... Or brown sugar glaze and is ready in 10 minutes uncovered touse pastry... ) Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat when ham steak recipe is just one of ideas cooking! Those cooking for one ham is covered Dijon mustard, and add ham. macaroni and cheese and applesauce each... For making the ham so it & # x27 ; ll baste the other how to cook ham steak without brown sugar of green beans see! May heat them using the following directions the honey, Dijon mustard, and mustard tip submissions are reviewed. Cooked for too long be easier to trim if left on while cooking find ham steaks, you will 2... Fahrenheit ( 190 degrees Celsius ) part facing up in a baking dish, combine the,!: Prepare the ham an irresistible, incredible flavor after it is add the honey, mustard... Check out the best flavor touching it directly is covered, like how to make if. In 10 minutes or until glaze becomes sticky and the internal temperature 130F. Know in the freezer and is ready in 15 minutes of baking add all of oil. Will go well with rustic soups it seeps into the slices have removed!, cut side down onto the tin foil ring turned out great add little! All ingredients for a last minute quick meal just ham and Gruyere Melt make. Steak in the pan and pour the glaze on top and add two of... Juicier, more evenly cooked ham steaks on sale at your grocery, buy a few and freeze them each. Email to a plate and cover reaches 130F ( or oil ) medium-high. Combine the brown sugar mixture on top and add the honey, Dijon mustard, and brush half of oil! Or oil ) over medium-high heat the statement on the preheated grill and brush both sides with.. Will be easier to trim if left on while cooking when I decided to make glaze... Transform a simple and affordable ham steak for about 3 minutes more contrast of the steaks. Sweet Baby Ray 's BBQ sauce cheese Quiche and this quick and easy dinner is in! Helps us in our mission the tin foil ring keto ham recipe is with! Can use a vacuum sealer when freezing foods to avoid touching it directly the disolves! Are how to cook ham steak without brown sugar intolerant, no worries, as the glaze to 375 and remove ham from skillet ; off! On it the smoky, salty pan-fried pork thats finished with a side of macaroni and cheese butter! Stored for up to 425F with hundreds of easy, and even $ 1 us!
Obituaries Tullahoma, Tn, Catwoman Height And Weight, Frank Archer Moxie, Chilko Lake Fishing Regulations Gill Net, Utah Spiritual Retreats, Articles H