Or visit us at 173 Bedford Street, right up the street from the DPW. Crime Stoppers website Call (859) 253-2020 P3 Tips app Police responded to reports of gunshots in a neighborhood on Baltimores south side, according to a news release on March 1. 6940 Man O' War Blvd. virtual: false, There's been a lot of brand new cars parked on the curbs outside Eastland area's apartments. Sirens, a loud bang, and a police helicopter flying over a neighborhood, all part of a wild police chase in Lexington on Wednesday. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Came out here and theres police everywhere.. Lexington police tell us it started when an officer was trying to make a stop on Tates Creek Road. The average new police helicopter costs around $5-6M fully equipped. But not a crime that the people that live near here needed to be informed of. number: 3, We are your neighbors. Wed love to hear from you. Then came a big win, Fox News lawsuit unveils gaslighting that has become common practice in U.S. | Opinion, Rare animal dashes across road, then returns with precious cargo, Texas photos show, New faces joining WKYT, The CW Lexington at anchor, weather desks, Lexington police officer arrested, charged with abusing a child, Man charged in murders of Kentucky police officers kills himself in jail, officials say, Senior living home says its Super Bowl show was better than Rihannas. Once installed, itll move at the same time as the thermal camera, which allows them to see in the dark. I think those fancy new license plate scanner cams they've installed around town are spotting stolen cars and then they send in the chopper to turn it into a literal GTA challenge for the suspect. The event was held to "remember the 2001 terrorist attacks and honor the . More>> https://bit.ly/3GzXMiZ. When they attempted to make contact he was seen with a firearm and then fled into a wooded area at the intersection of North Broadway and I-75. It's amazing how one side of the street can be middle and upper class, but you cross over 10 yards and it's the victim of redlining, as well as Lexington just ignoring road repair coincidentally on the side the minorities live on. More than one armored vehicle was also seen arriving to the situation. Police also ask drivers not to spend too much time looking at the hovering helicopter and instead keep their eyes on the road since police will be out assisting with the lane closures. I just don't see what that has to do with a chopper circling over Zandale in Lexington for hours. 40638. oh-58a. If you'd like us to get back with you, please leave your details below. Andrew Carter Thornton II was born on October 30, 1944, in Bourbon County, Kentucky. So, who's behind the disturbance that has made plenty of you angry due to the fact that these exercises have occurred at night? They say the driver refused to stop, and the officer followed the car to Rockbridge road, where the driver lost control as they were turning onto Hartland Parkway. We'll only use this to reply to your message. Information about the fire department, recruitment, Emergency Medical Service program and stations Police and Fire Retirement Fund Officers said its federal programs, not taxpayer dollars, that fund those expenses. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The area had been blocked off for a short time. Formed in 2005, the unit currently utilizes two, Bell OH-58C helicopters for various public safety missions. A Lexington police officer was shot during an investigation Saturday afternoon. Tips about criminal activity can be sent 100% anonymously through Bluegrass Crime Stoppers. If you'd like us to get back with you, please leave your details below. Lexington Police Helicopter Featured. We live, work and play right here in Central Kentucky. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. The area had been blocked off for a short time. According to my granddaughter, there was a escaped inmate loose in that area today. It is not clear what led to the police activity. A number of police cruisers were seen outside the gas station and at the road. 1,541 were here. Officer Bige Towery, tactical flight officer, said, Even as a citizen of Lexington, I have two daughters that are of driving age, so I feel good that we have resources available for the community.. 02/28/2023 01:50:59: pedestrian:in rdway: anderson: dalton dr: us76: in progress: 3: 02/28/2023 01:40:03: collision:vs deer: richland: monticello rd: nannie kelly ln More>> https://bit.ly/3GuY5M3. Another neighbor told us she heard a helicopter overhead and then saw the scene just a few doors down. Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand. The Scott County Sheriff's Office located the vehicle on Lexus Way in Georgetown. A WKYT news crew spotted a police helicopter circling overhead along with a police K9 at the scene. orientation: "portrait", r/lexington Councilmember Worley plays on his phone while Lexington citizens speak about tenant rights. During the 2022 fiscal year, $36,500 was spent on fuel and a little over $89,000 was spent on . Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. December 17, 2019 12:09 PM. We'll only use this to reply to your message. Lexington Lexington PD: Expect helicopter in town on Sunday as Dominion Energy works Work will also include brief road closures in the area of North Lake Drive and Columbia Avenue. After several hours of negotiation, the suspect surrendered himself without incident. I was afraid to look, because I didnt want to jinx myself, the woman said. /*-->