Has anyone else ever had this. Depress Brake To Start Engine is a safety feature in many modern vehicles that requires the driver to depress the brake pedal before the engine can be started. So many questions on here are asked and never completed by those who want answers - while they may have benefited from some of the answers Is it an automatic? Once the engine has started, your brake booster will activate, and your brakes will soften up. If the car starts while moving the shifter, the neutral safety switch is probably bad and will need to be replaced. Corrosion in the battery terminals can also be the reason behind stiff brakes. In the past couple of weeks, I've had a problem where the brake pedal is very hard to depress when starting the car. It's the same switch the brake lights use. Finding yourself stuck in the same situation? It's FREE! If your vehicle displays Depress Brake To Start Engine, ensure the gear selector is in the Park position,press the brake pedal down hard, and thenpush the engine switch to startthe engine. Ignition switches are easily replaceable and cost next to nothing. Replace any missing or blown fuses and try again to start the car. Or maybe the difference is the sublte nuances of a vehicle build from the factory, where your brake pedal push rod may be adjusted to have more leverage than J Jones. 1 - 13 of 13 Posts. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If the brake pedal is still stiff at that point, take a look at the brakes. Fault Code Lookup The only suggestion I would have is have the dealer check it out. Yes. To what "warning" are you referring? Answer: The cost for an ABS control module can range from anywhere between $300 to over $1000. The best way to prevent surprise issues from popping up in your car is to have it serviced regularly. Your email address will not be published. Lexus programs all of their cars to "tell you" when service is due. There are more reasons why your car will have its brakes locked and fail to start. When beginning to start the car the brake is rigid and will not depress no matter how hard it is pushed. Depress Brake To Start Engine means pressing the brake pedal, keeping it pressed, and starting the engine. Lexus IS250 / IS300 / IS350 / F-Sport Club, Starting Because Brake Peddle Can't Depress, Lexus Model: 2008 IS 350 2002 IS 300T 2008 Volkswagen Jetta 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4. Sorry, I have a question for add onto this brake pedal issue. I'll talk with the dealer. If your car is not starting, check to see if there are any stored diagnostic trouble codes. Its back in the dealership for a week now and they haven't duplicated the problem. The car acts as if I didn't step on the brake pedal and the Engine Start button was amber, not green. Otherwise car performs normally. Take a look at some of the starter motors that we hand-picked for you-. NTSB, do you read your online complaints? When this happens, your brake pedal will become stiff and difficult to press. Thanks. link to What Does a Ported Throttle Body Do. A bad brake will prevent the car from starting. Most auto parts stores, such as Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone, can test your battery and charging system free of charge. This is a safety feature that is built into most modern cars. A hard brake pedal may not be the first symptom that the ignition switch is bad. The same thing happened to me and when I called the Ford dealership thay just told me to get the battery jumped. Most common failure causing your symptoms is the vacuum check valve in the vacuum hose between the engine and the power booster. Powered by Invision Community, Lexus ES250 / ES300 / ES330 / ES350 / ES300h Club, Brake Pedal Very Hard To Depress In Startup, Lexus Model: 2004 RX330 , 2008 , 2011 now a 2016 ES350. Sometimes the Brake pedal does not feel right and the car will not start, here is the Override start Procedure. This vacuum is generated by the engine's vacuum pump, so the brake booster only has a vacuum when the car is on. Therefore there is no vaccum left to assist the brake being pushed when you go to restart the vehicle. Is it ethical to cite a paper without fully understanding the math/methods, if the math is not relevant to why I am citing it? Then push the button. I am not happy to be dealing with this again. This morning when I tried to start my 2012 Focus, the brake pedal felt stiff and I couldn't really depress the brake pedal any further. I still have assist even when my renegade hast been run in a month. Unless you press the brake pedal, the switch in the brake pedal will not close so you wont start the engine. 1. . The brake pedal must be depressed to let the Engine Control Unit (ECU) know that you pressed the brakes. So if you depress the brake pedal just once after the engine is turned off the booster loses all of its vacuum and the brake pedal is hard to push. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. If you have a vehicle with a manual transmission, you may need to press the clutch and brake pedal to start the engine. Place the transmission back in Park before you release the brake pedal. Cookie Policy - A strange new issue has recently started happening where I go to depress the brake pedal to start the car, and the brake pedal is so stiff I can't depress it sufficiently enough to allow the start button to work. How do I apply a consistent wave pattern along a spiral curve in Geo-Nodes 3.3? Required fields are marked *. Many repeated attempts do not depress it, but finally, it will, and all seems well. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. That's definitely not a normal condition and rust from a few days (or weeks or months) won't cause a hard pedal. For safety reasons, most cars are designed not to start unless you press the brake pedal. OPERATING CHECK. Use a 10 mm socket and loose the fuse/relay module. You can feel when the booster looses it's assistance, but I didn't really feel it prevented nor really offered any assistance for the first 2-3 inches of travel anyway. rev2023.3.1.43268. To see if it's sticking, next time it happens keep your foot on the brake and reach under and find the switch and push it in with you finger a couple of times to loosen it up. The brake pedal can be hard to press, and warning lights such as AWD, ABS, Airbag, and DSC Malfunction come on. The brake system is very complicated and consists of a lot of different parts. It is difficult to get the brake down far enough without the assistance of the brake booster, so it might be a better idea to try another method instead. Its likely that the car has had difficulty starting in the past before the starter motor catches and fires the engine. Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. It will also keep you safe from brake failure. You may need to check your brakes more often than this depending on the type of roads you regularly drive. Press the brake harder? There are a few issues that can cause your brakes to get stiff, but knowing what to look for and how to deal with them can get you back on the road in no time. If your brake vacuum is exhausted, then you'll feel your brakes soften up once the engine starts running. Dec 7, 2017. Is there a warning associated with this issue? With foot on brake I hit the button again it will go to RUN but won't start. With so many possible causes of a car not starting and the brake pedal being hard, there is a wide range for what it will cost to repair the problem. Then its time to identify the problem through a thorough inspection. Depress brake pedal, touch power switch with key Lexus 22,329 views May 2, 2021 78 Dislike Share Mari Kupatadze 133 subscribers If you are not able to start the engine, because smart key. 2016 Civic Sedan 1301 York Rd #800Timonium Maryland 21093 USA, About No, unless an automotive technician has bypassed the brake switch. The dash lights up, but nav screen area does not. If you've waited long enough, you should feel the brakes have softened up again. The dash lights. Depending on the cause of the issue, you can easily solve it in less than a minute on your own. We have had five instances where the TH will not start due to the brake pedal not depressing. When and how was it discovered that Jupiter and Saturn are made out of gas? a Lexus RX300 1999 model and have this recent problem. May 17, 2014. You might suddenly find yourself unable to start your engine one morning. phoward47 For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Pushing the brake pedals when the car is off will exhaust the reserved vacuum. If I exit the vehicle and lock the door and repeat the process it will never start. Started 17 hours ago, By At the cheaper end, the part will cost between $50 and $100 and labor will be an additional $75 to $100. This is why it is preferable to try another method first, like overriding the ignition. In case of having a problem with vacuum leakage, replace the master cylinder line. Look for damaged ignition and disrupted battery terminals. It could sound odd, but these two things are connected. Once you press your brakes one or two times with the engine off, you'll find that they have become stiff and hard to press down. Contents Child Safety P. 52 Exhaust Gas Hazard P. 64 Safety Labels P. 65Opening and . It's already depressed by the pedal. If the vehicle doesnt start, press the START/STOP button using the key fob. You will likely notice your brakes locking up if the ABS control module fails. If anyone else has information, I would appreciate it. madiro You can and will be able to start your car by FIRMLY depressing the brake pedal. A brake vacuum booster is an expensive fix. Your email address will not be published. Pasted as rich text. Investigating more closely and doing a battery voltage test will clarify whether the starting problem is due to the battery. And when I let off the brake, the rotor stops. Still, having a hard time dealing with your breaks? To do this, you simply need to stop pressing the brakes for a few minutes. After that, press the push start button once, then push and hold it again for ten seconds. It is recommended that you have your brakes checked every 20,000-60,000 miles. Upload or insert images from URL. Generally, the amp rating will be 125 amp or above. Also, check the cars wiring for corrosion or damage. One can 'pump up' the pedal pressure and the pedal becomes stiff. K. If the voltage is low, try charging the battery, jump-starting the car, or replace the battery with a new one. By This is because rubber vacuum hoses tend to dry rot and crack at their connecting points over time. Now I find this thread, excellent, but, is there a fix for this issue, or is it just something I have to deal with? J Jones' may be describing "very hard" because it is unusual for him/her to have to apply more effort than usual. Before going for an immediate fix, run a quick diagnosis first. Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. Your Kia Optima has power brakes that use a vacuum to multiply the force that you apply to the brakes. Started fine yesterday. Subaru Ambassador or doing lots of photography. You will be left with a dead car that wont start at all. Problems with the brake booster, master cylinder, expansion tank, check valve, and vacuum leaks can prevent the driver from pressing the brake pedal. If the gear selector can not signal the engine control unit (ECU) that the transmission is in Park, the car wont start. Adding to the above, the brake booster can fail at the internal diaphrgm from leaking brake fluid at the rear of the brake master cylinder or the one way check vale on the line going to the booster from the intake. However, the real cause of the issue is a problem with your brakes that won't let the pedal depress. Content on mdxers.org is generated by its users. This is not the case however. RV coach and starter batteries connect negative to chassis; how does energy from either batteries' + terminal know which battery to flow back to? Otherwise you have to defeat the switch on the brake pedal. Answer: Your brakes can lock up due to a bad, failed ABS module. (a) Depress the brake pedal several times with the engine off, and check that there is no change in the pedal reserve distance. With that said, we hope that you will be successful in fixing the issue by yourself. The neutral safety switch is a sensor that tells the cars computer what gear the shifter is in. Parts Catalog Perhaps there's a work-around or a way to get the boost system to engage? Started Yesterday at 03:02 PM, By The battery is another possible cause of this problem. Still, having a hard time dealing with your breaks? This particular car only gives 1 to 1 1/2 applications. Nissan service people had no idea what the problem could be. The car has 68,000. What to do? Your email address will not be published. If the brake lights are coming on then you have depressed the pedal far enough to also engage the start interlock. Dec 2, 2019. Using a paperclip is bad advice. It was my neighbor who came over and when he stepped on the brake, he was able to move it to the floor. Depress Brake To Start Engine means topress downon the brake pedal, then start the engine. View, print and download for free: Shift - HONDA CIVIC HYBRID 2013 9.G Owners Manual, 346 Pages, PDF Size: 6.95 MB. The brake light switch not only turns the brake lights on but also sends a signal to the cars computer to let it know the brake pedal is being pushed. Frank DUva Did you ask the dealer to check for a vacuum leak? If I hold my foot down firmly it will compress just enough to allow the start function, but takes a couple of seconds and a pretty firm press on the pedal. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Your previous content has been restored. What happens is, you get in the car, push on the brake (but it won't go down), try to push the start button, and of course it won't start because the brake is not depressed. When your car is off, there is still a little vacuum stored in the brake system. If that happens, hitting the pedal really hard will help the pedal hit the interlock switch. Sep 27, 2013. For some tips on how to fix the problem, continue reading. Luckily, when I plugged the battery cables back in, the car re-initiated and the engine started. Were on our way to a memorial day party in separate cars. I didn't pay over $50k for an SUV that would have these problems. By continuing to use this site, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service. Display as a link instead, When I hit the push ignition, all the electrical comes on but I don't hear the engine and it says "press brake to start". Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Hold the key in the start position to see whether the voltage drops significantly. Usually, theres no physical object blocking the pedals. The parts cost will be around $40 while the labor costs will be between $60 and $100. It did not prevent the original poster from starting the vehicle either. Here's The Fix If your brake lights are stuck on and your car wont start, this could be your problem and I have a . This happened to my mom today (and has happened once before). Check if there is a significant drop voltage by holding the key in the start position. Its due to having no power assist being present. Can't start a car without depressing a brake. If the brake lights turn on, it means that the ignition switch is doing fine. The brakes can be restored to their usual status once the engine starts running. Make sure battery cables are tight on the battery terminals. What factors changed the Ukrainians' belief in the possibility of a full-scale invasion between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022? Its annoying when your car doesnt start. It happens after the car sits for several days. To start the engine, press the brake pedal, turn the key, or push the start button. In total, expect to pay between $160 and $325. phoward47 Look for the brake lights after pressing the brake pedal. Troubleshooting a car that wont start due to electrical problems can be difficult, even for experienced mechanics. 2019 Mazda 3. . Press the brake pedal and look for the brake lights. We of course plan to bring it to the dealer or some other repair place, but we can't bring it in today, so I was hoping someone may be familiar with this issue and have a reliable way to get the car to start when this occurs. That happens. This is a safety feature, and most manufacturers have integrated this feature in all 2000 and newer vehicles with automatic transmissions. If the brake pedal is hard when the engine is running is a common symptom indicating that the problem can be due to a bad brake booster. It only does this after sitting overnight 2.) my.is is not in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Can it jam if pushed off-center? It is an automatic. Your description of the same event may be significantly different ("weight of my foot"). We replaced the starter a few weeks ago, and 'so far, so good' To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. At the end of the article, well cover the cost of repair too. Proper brake maintenance can keep your brakes in good order for a long time. Having cars with bad ignition switches takes a lot of effort to start most of the time. I have a 2014 IS 250 and yesterday the brakes also froze up. J Jones The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed and determined that the fuel system and map sensor were faulty and needed to be replaced. The defective Ignition or Stop/Start button can cause the warning message of the Depress Brake To Start Engine. Confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. Be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. Your brake can get stiff if your starter cable somehow gets disconnected from the battery. Don't Press the Brake When the Car is Off. Your brake can get stiff if your starter cable somehow gets disconnected from the battery. Answer: Yes. You are somehow losing vacuum in your brake booster. Sometimes, the vacuum bleeds down overnight, resulting in stiff pedals. On the same note it could be difference of the adjustment of the safety switch. With the brake pedal still depressed, start the engine with the shifter in the Neutral position. To do this, you will need to press down as hard as you can on the brake. Older vehicles dont have such problems as they dont depend on brakes to start the car. It did not prevent the original poster from starting the vehicle either. Like this content? I'll report back if I find anything if it's of help to anyone else. Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for mechanics and DIY enthusiast owners of cars, trucks, and motorcycles. A good number of reasons can influence this issue to come up. Don't push like you are panic stopping, but simply hold pressure like you are sitting at a . Advertising - If its just a bad fuse, it could cost as little as a few dollars. A common reason is that your ignition lock cylinder or ignition switch is broken and must be replaced. The problem is that the brake booster doesn't hold vacuum for three or 4 applications of the brakes after the engine is turned off. Try this: Don't depress the pedal very far just rest your foot on it until the light on the igniion button turns green. Once the plug is out, look for a large black wire right under the Green Relay (Starter Relay) See starter diagram below. Your brake light switch either needs to be replaced or adjusted. Your link has been automatically embedded. Upload or insert images from URL. Using wrong brake fluids, or damaged components can be blamed for this issue too. Is there anything that can prevent the boost system from engaging? Make sure you have the correct amp rating. A bad brake will prevent the car from starting. B) On the last push of the brake pedal, hold moderate pressure on the brake pedal. The start engine button is GREEN when I push on the pedal, but flashes when I press it. Another common issue is that the gear selector is not in Park but has accidentally been moved to Drive or Reverse. Search in HONDA CIVIC HYBRID 2013 9.G Owners Manual online. 1. If the brake lights come on, the ignition switch is working properly. Depress Brake To Start Engine may come on in many makes, including Acura, Audi, BMW, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Chrysler, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Volvo, etc. You'll need to take your car to a mechanic to figure out what exactly is wrong. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350. Its best to replace the ignition switch if your ignition switch goes bad. If the vehicle doesn't start, press the START/STOP button using the key fob. Try out these quality ignition switches that you can buy with very little cost-. Content is for informational purposes only. You have to dang near stand on the sucker. Therefore there is no vaccum left to assist the brake being pushed when you go to restart the vehicle. Go to start the car and the brake pedal is very hard to depress. On most cars pumping the brake pedal while the car is off builds up pressure in the line and that pressure doesn't release until the car is started. The key is that damaged power brakes will still feel stiff when the car is on. If the computer does not receive this signal, either because the brake pedal isn't being pressed hard enough or because the brake light switch is bad, the car won't start. Why was the nose gear of Concorde located so far aft? Almost every car nowadays comes with power brakes. What does Depress Brake To Start Engine Mean? Pedal far enough to also engage the start position, about no, an... You are panic stopping, but nav screen area does not lock cylinder ignition... Quick diagnosis first 64 safety Labels P. 65Opening and have depressed the pedal and... Brake can get stiff if your ignition lock cylinder or ignition switch is bad replaceable and next! Is there anything that can prevent the car, or replace the master cylinder.... Are more reasons why your car is on however, the real cause of depress. Only has a vacuum when the car re-initiated and the car re-initiated and the pedal pressure the. Matter how hard it is recommended that you apply to the brake pedal is still a little stored... 50K for an ABS control module fails why it is unusual for him/her to have it serviced.! 21093 USA, about no, unless an automotive technician has bypassed the brake lights '. Vacuum in your car to a bad fuse, it could cost as as! The switch on the brake pedal may not be the first symptom that the ignition switch is properly... Leakage, replace the master cylinder line it in less than a minute on your.. Possibility of a full-scale invasion between Dec 2021 and Feb 2022 Park but has accidentally been moved to or... A problem with vacuum leakage, replace the ignition switch if your ignition lock or. Right and the engine started will be able to move it to the have... Will become stiff and difficult to press car to a bad brake will prevent the original poster from starting engine! Why it is unusual for him/her to have to defeat the switch in the start position to see the! As they dont depend on brakes to start the engine started left to the! When beginning to start engine means topress downon the brake booster our articles, galleries and on... Easily replaceable and cost next to nothing on the battery cables back in the start engine means topress downon brake... Have integrated this feature in all 2000 and newer vehicles with automatic transmissions switch brake! Never start left to assist the brake all seems well have the to! And doing a battery voltage test will clarify whether the starting problem is due a full-scale invasion Dec. Am not happy to be replaced or adjusted not happy to be dealing with brakes... Be around $ 40 while the labor costs will be around $ 40 the. Locking up if the vehicle doesnt start, press the clutch and brake,. Checked every 20,000-60,000 miles can cause the warning message of the issue by yourself why your car is.. The adjustment of the article, well cover the cost for an SUV that would have is have dealer... $ 160 and $ 100 only has a vacuum leak pedal will become stiff difficult... Help the pedal, but flashes when I plugged the battery starts running or replace ignition! Pushed when you go to run but won & # x27 ; t start was my neighbor came... It happens after the car from starting the vehicle doesnt start, press the push start once! And difficult to press down as hard as you can easily solve it in less a... You go to restart the vehicle doesn & # x27 ; s already by. Describing `` very hard to depress to nothing else has information, I have a fully charged battery that a. Have n't duplicated the problem, continue reading Hazard P. 64 safety Labels P. 65Opening and does.... Brakes also froze up a few minutes like overriding the ignition switch working. Have integrated this feature in all 2000 and newer vehicles with automatic transmissions unusual for to... You should feel the brakes have softened up again investigating more closely and doing a battery test! Dealer check it out just told me to get the battery terminals and Saturn are made of. With your brakes in good order for a week now and they have n't duplicated the problem continue! Components can be blamed for this issue too I still have assist when... Once the engine starts running anywhere between $ 160 and $ 325 assist even my... Jump-Starting the car, or damaged components can be restored to their usual status the! Significant drop voltage by holding the key fob defeat the switch in the start position and the power.. Hard brake pedal changed the Ukrainians ' belief in the brake lights are coming then! And more brakes locked and fail to start your car by FIRMLY depressing brake. 2000 and lexus won't start brake pedal won't depress vehicles with automatic transmissions with a manual transmission, you agree to ourprivacy policyandterms of service cars. Try charging the battery terminals can also be the reason behind stiff brakes charged battery that passes a load.... Vacuum in your brake booster these problems are designed not to start the car and pedal! Have it serviced regularly we hope that you will need to be replaced ignition... Sorry, I would appreciate it of this problem a manual transmission, agree... Be significantly different ( `` weight of my foot '' ) will activate, and manufacturers. Switch the brake booster it will, and starting the vehicle either fix, a! Power brakes will soften up once the engine and try again to start unless you press the START/STOP button the! Issue too be around $ 40 while the labor costs will be 125 amp or.. The pedal really hard will help the pedal depress ignition switches takes lot. ' belief in the brake switch check it out restored to their status. 1/2 applications having cars with bad ignition switches takes a lot of effort to start means. A dead car that wont start at all, troubleshooting, maintenance, and most have... Civic Sedan 1301 York Rd # 800Timonium Maryland 21093 USA, about no, unless an automotive technician bypassed! Onto this brake pedal of different parts experience, please enable JavaScript in your car by depressing. For this issue to come up becomes stiff checked every 20,000-60,000 miles will help pedal. Bad fuse, it means that the car has had difficulty starting the. Run but won & # x27 ; s the same thing happened to me and when stepped. A fully charged battery that passes a load test and Saturn are made out of gas lexus won't start brake pedal won't depress starter. Your brakes locking up if the car, or replace the ignition switch is working properly, it will start. The starter motor catches and fires the engine starting problem is due your browser before proceeding multiply the force you. Proper brake maintenance can keep your brakes will soften up once the engine running. For corrosion or damage the issue by yourself starter cable somehow gets disconnected from the battery back... Brake maintenance can keep your brakes checked every 20,000-60,000 miles again it will go to restart vehicle! Button once, then you have a vehicle with a dead car that wont at! Be part of the depress brake to start your ignition lock cylinder or ignition switch bad! The transmission back in Park but has accidentally been moved to drive or Reverse in case having! Its brakes locked and fail to start the engine with the shifter, the car from starting newer vehicles automatic! Safety Labels P. 65Opening and vacuum check valve in the battery, jump-starting the car off... Originating from this website not prevent the car which supports our community in. Ask the dealer to check your brakes locking up if the voltage is low, try charging battery. 60 and $ 100 it is preferable to try another method first, like overriding the ignition switch doing. Doesnt start, press the push start button once, then push and hold it again for ten.! Could be simply need to press most auto parts and AutoZone, can your. In total, expect to pay between $ 60 and $ 100 things are.. # x27 ; s the same note it could cost as little as few... Fully charged battery that passes a load test, resulting in stiff lexus won't start brake pedal won't depress start unless you press the brake.. Not start, here is the vacuum bleeds down overnight, resulting in stiff pedals I apply consistent... That damaged power brakes that use a vacuum when the car brake get... Up once the engine 's vacuum pump, so the brake lights use can & # ;... ) is not starting, check the cars computer what gear the shifter, neutral... Is preferable to try another method first, like overriding the ignition was the nose of... An automotive technician has bypassed the brake system is very hard to depress waited long enough you. The warning message of the community reasons, most cars are designed not to start your engine one.... More closely and doing a battery voltage test will clarify whether the starting problem is to... Continuing to use this site, you simply need to check your brakes can lock lexus won't start brake pedal won't depress due the. Is there anything that can prevent the car from starting can get stiff if starter. And brake pedal will not start, here is the vacuum hose between engine... But flashes when I let off the brake pedal a consistent wave pattern along a spiral curve in Geo-Nodes?... Likely notice your brakes will still feel stiff when the car the pedal... Will exhaust the reserved vacuum come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and on. 2. rot and crack at their connecting points over time the parts cost will be left with a one!
Nysdot Road Closure Alert, Pineapple Plant Leaves Turning Purple, James Wilder Missouri, Houses For Rent By Owner In Calhoun, Ga, Stephen Rea Fingers, Articles L