5. P.S. When a guy compliments your hair, it could be a sign of attraction, or he likes you. Even if youve only been dating this man a few weeks, learning how to compliment a guy now will build a solid foundation if it does turn out to have long-term potential. Here are our open positions, Disclaimer|Privacy Statement|Terms Of Service. It's more about friendship and love combined into something stronger than desire. Wow, okay. Youre speaking my language. When a guy compliments you, he does so for different reasons, and being on the receiving end, you can sometimes be at a loss for what to say in reply. So leave it be! Hopefully you are safe and the only reason youre saying this is because youre exchanging cool banter. If you reply in a completely awkward manner or say something unclear, you will make him feel like he should have kept his thoughts to himself. Great choice!, What he did that you particularly enjoyed, Your inability to stop thinking about your last time together, How being with him has reinvented sex for you in the best possible way. You can fix just about anything, cant you?. Watch this free video to learn the 7 powerful steps. Men don't text females when they're bored. Youre the smartest man I know. Youre saying I believe the compliment applies to you too.. Ill tell my boyfriend/husband how lucky he is when he gets back. Always smile and say the two most powerful words, " Thank you ." It could mean he is attracted to you especially if he does it often, he only seems to do it to you and he shows other signs of attraction around you. 28. We know we have to say something but often we pick the wrong way of saying it. "I really put a lot of thought into this, thank you for noticing.". The right way to respond depends primarily on whether you like the complimentand whether you have any romantic interest in the guy whos giving it. I told you men like to be seen as handy, didnt I? 13 Signs The Relationship Is Over For Him, 109 Best Appreciation Messages To Show Gratitude, The Ultimate Love List: 365 Reasons Why I Love You, 11 Effective Exercises For Letting Go Of Resentment, Letter to Your Daughter: 13 Heartfelt Sentiments to Consider, 13 Best Ways To Deal With A Disrespectful Grown Child, 147 Powerful Morning Affirmations To Start Your Day. Either you're in a super-dark place, or this subtle signal means he's into you. You may not be perfect, but your weirdness is a good fit for mine. You have . I dont know a man alive (or woman, for that matter) who doesnt like hearing compliments about his performance in the bedroom! Youre so real. Meaning he should be receiving the same words too. . (Hell probably laugh at that one, but thats okay too!). Im having a hard time thinking of anything else. 15. He text me at 6 am and i said, Stay cool, (its hot out). Youve been in my head all day today. Not all compliments are welcome, and you dont have to say thanks or be nice to everyone that pays you a compliment. 34. Im amazed at what youve done with your life so far. I am Sexy Confident and I am always working on bettering myself while I look for my best friend that I love to have sex with Great way of putting it this afternoon on your webinar I will continue to listenRead more . 15. Its still shocking for some people to hear anyone give this reply but its refreshing too. Chocolate is awesome, but have you tried looking at you? This one is silly, but it's also genuine and sweet. But you have broadened my horizons on the types of compliments. 15. If you're, you might end up saying something confusing and when you're eager, youll probably say something inappropriate. 1. Sounds egotistical? Maybe you told him last week that you were training for a marathon next monthand he actually remembered and asked if he could train with you. Youre always learning, and I love that about you. 11. A good line to give someone you dont want to give much attention to because he has refused to take no for an answer. Say "thank you.". 13. How is that possible? Ill get there. Youre right but I doubt I could say the same about you. And it is better with you. And receiving a fake compliment is likely to have the opposite effect on a guy than what you hope to achieve. At last, someone agrees with my parents! He tries to impress you 9. So, look through this list of 115 compliments for men. 85. Wanting to Be Loved: 11 Ways to Cultivate a Sense of Love, Why Am I So Hard on Myself? Answer (1 of 5): Depends on the situation. 6. Now say it in a different language. Im into it. So, if I look distracted, thats why. Makeup is one of the best physical enhancers that can fetch you nice compliments and this is a simple way to respond to such. Accompany Your Reply With The Appropriate Body Language (If Necessary), 6. (Actually, dont. Maybe they fear rejection, or they . It's a nice, personal touch that shows he cares about you and wants to make you feel good. Youll find just the words or the inspiration you need. When you compliment your guy on the qualities that mean the most to him, hell feel that you really get him and understand him on a level that others dont. 39. Nothing lights me up inside like seeing you smile. Now, now, dont make me fall in love with you. It wiggles when you laugh." Or "You're smile is cute. "I have to spread absolute beauty around me wherever I go." When a guy compliments you they expect you to respond. When a guy pays you a compliment, you want your reply to be just as encouraging as you mean it to beno giving mixed signals and no wasting anyones time. Hey, its all mine, no additives whatsoever. Social media lingo makes people of this age feel closer to each other. Meaning, they shouldnt use the word on you again. 59. Do it because you want to show your appreciation. 4. Finally! It's a little crooked, I love it!". 25. When you touch my skin, I am not myself. I look at you and just want to hug you. 10. Thank you. 20. 9. 16. I know. For the ultimate multi-tasker, pay your guy a compliment while making him laugh (because oh, that laugh!). It helped transform me from a fun girl that men would pump and dump to a woman that men want to build a life with. This reply indicates the man doesnt pay you compliments often and youre shocked that he did. My eyes are getting tired. 5. 21. Compliment his looks and youll make him blush! 57. 6. This looks like something you say to a man you respect and not just want to flatter in return. Your voice gives me tingles. You dont want to overuse this, but its certainly useful if you dont have any other compliments to give and youre just feeling it in the moment. 41. There are 11 specific moments where I know complimenting a guy will make him like you way more. Also, keep your reply short rather than texting a long reply to express how you feel about what he said. There might be affiliate links on some of the pages of this site, which means we could earn a small commission of anything you buy. 3. Did he listen to you vent for 20 minutes about your boss? So compliment him by telling him what a great listener he is. Oh, honey, no. Thank you, but I probably could have done better. Not that you necessarily doubt what he said but, you doubt if he really meant it. Whoever the person giving the compliment is to you, you should try to respond confidently because it takes a lot of effort to give compliments sometimes. Its hard to get that kind of honesty. [Best when used with a guy you know and trust]. What better way to show that he isnt the first to pay you such a compliment? You arent being too humble but yeah, its all about the fun of it! (Stage . 21 Bare Minimum Expectations You Should Have In a Partnered Relationship, 30 Heart-Melting Soulmate Quotes To Inspire Love And Intimacy. 1. I dont get goosebumps from such flattery. "I love the way you wear that dress.". "You look better now" Using compliments for good Body talk can be. Keep in mind a text can be noticed by others, so this may not be the best vehicle for a sex compliment. But Ill say it anyway. "Wow, your hands are so much bigger than mine". Please do your own research before making any online purchase. Teasing someone is a BIG giveaway to tell if someone is flirting with you. If a guy you like or are dating compliments your nails, it's a sign he really appreciates you and likes the way you look. 76. Complimenting men and self-esteem Male compliments revealed 1. You really are adorable. 80. You use cool yet confident words such as, thats a beautiful thing to say and if youre interested in him too, add something encouraging like, I also think youre amazing". 82. When it comes to compliments, people can usually tell when someone is not being entirely honest. Your smiles and hugs are better than the strongest coffee. [Raise hand briefly in a Stop gesture], 83. Dont rush to shave on my account. I love watching you work. 3. Don't Let Your Nerves Overwhelm You Even amid your sudden shock or unexpected reception of a compliment, keep your calm and respond directly. Compliment him by showing him that you trust him Trust is important to everyone. I see how other women are drawn to you. True. The way to know for sure is to not only consider the words he said but his non-verbal mannerisms as he said it (e.g., body language). I see you went with my favorite compliment. This is the term commonly assigned to the part of the male brain associated with ongoing romantic desire. He is constantly smiling at you 10. Lucky me, I finally made the right wish. So don't exaggerate details, don't joke, and definitely don't lie. He thinks of a way to contact you 2. Id have been disappointed if the sacrifices I made didnt pay off. I tell my guy he is so sexy to me and he usually replies that I am sexy or that were sexy., A guy I really like but kind of hard to catch, has recently started texting me. He Lacks Self-Confidence or Has Low Self-Esteem. He may not ask, Do these jeans make my butt look big, but hell certainly be thrilled to hear you say, You look so hot in those jeans.. Difficult, sometimes, but so worth getting to know. I love spending mornings with you. Are you sure you dont have the miracle charm working for you too? He occasionally "forgets" to make eye contact with you 8. Personality compliments 7. 52. I like you more than Star Wars geeks like to trash-talk the prequel trilogy. You are my greatest comfort. In those situations, it's tough for you to see the bigger picture because you feel deeply hurt by your boyfriend and you need time to think about your next step. 31. He finds you physically attractive. Any man will love to know his words are well-received and youll love to hear more from him. Thats meall-natural, no preservatives, and just spicy enough to keep things interesting. But step back from your daily life for a moment and see what a great boyfriend this guy really is. Thank you. Oh, and relax: While the occasional lady will always say that size. He is sexually interested in you. Laugh at his jokes. Its not even so much a compliment as the truth, right?? I dont mean you should say nice things that arent true (because this will backfire). You know thats not allowed. Lasting Love is the result of a powerful strategy. Keep up the good work. Another rule of accepting a compliment is to make eye contact as much as possible. That said, we kept the following compliments clean. Never say nice things, never acknowledge his efforts. Youve always been worth the wait. This is a straightforward reply that shows you really admire the guy giving you the compliment. I will always choose you. You know the guy in question better than we do, but the following points are worth considering: Everyone, guys included, likes to hear compliments about how they look. Someone as socially awkward as I am. 5. But you are too late. You have a knack for fixing things and making them better. How you respond, then, will probably fall into one of the following categories: However you choose to respond, remember the following: When a guy compliments you, its good to have some idea of how to respond. 28. Leave this field empty if you're human: * You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities! 43. 46. [Side note:In this online course for couples, learn healthy communication skills and build the intimacy youve always wanted in your relationship.). Its kind of like the whole thing with Pavlov and his dogs: reward good behavior and your guy will do it again and again to please you. 16. You look fantastic! It could mean that: He is interested in having a relationship with you, may or may not be long-term and commitment oriented. You crack me up all the time. This is almost like saying, I wasnt always like this. If youre not so obliged to accept a compliment from a guy, you may let him know this by frowning slightly or giving him a patronizing smile. 45. Thanks. He's flirting Most times, you can smell this from a distance, even before he starts doing it. I guess having the right kind of friends rubbed off on me. That by ignoring him, youre secretly transmitting energy that you want him to come to youand that youre desperate for him? 88. Men, compliments and you. You have a great sense of style. Pointing his feet at you (people often point their feet at people that they are attracted to) Adjusting his appearance when he sees you Asking you the most questions when in a group with you Touching you a lot Looking in your direction a lot and smiling or quickly looking away when you notice Holding prolonged eye contact with you I dont know anyone who doesnt want their significant other to find them attractive irresistible, even. You continually impress me. You can accept the compliment without any fuss or say thanks but no thanks. This is another way to say you can only compliment me but you aint getting me. You can accompany this reply with a smile to show how pleased you are. I love the way your hands are worshiping my body. I know I can trust you to treat people with patience, respect, and fairness however they treat you. You have a knack for saying what I need to hear. Hi Adam I listened to your webinar this afternoon Finding True Love I thought it was helpful but not poignant enough. Take it from me: Ive worked with thousands of both men. I will never forget those words he said to me! Answer (1 of 5): It means he likes your shirt and you look good! Maybe hold off a bit. If it was work space or just outdoors compared to a club. Seems cocky but its always a better reverse answer to replace thank you. I wrote a detailed log of my experience mastering the activation of the Heros Instinct, so Id urge you to read it now if youre unsatisfied with the way men treat you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. 96. No one should be this good at knowing what I needed to hear. But in a long-term relationship and in marriage compliments can strengthen your bond. #2 is where its at. 6. It may or may not make him feel bad. Dont even bother, youll be running the other way if I give you a chance! Let's be honestit's become a bit of a generic compliment. I would say that basically anything that a guy says about your body or personality that doesn't sound like it was meant as an insult or worry should be taken as a compliment. Hopefully, he deserves it. Still, no one has been charged with her murder. And on and on and on. "Dilation is a brain response that occurs when you like and are attracted to something," Wood says. 10. 5. Another thing men like being, besides handy and good in bed, is funny. Im glad you cant see my face when I get a text from you. That said, theres plenty of room for the kinds of compliments hell love to see coming from you. And Ive referred a whole bunch of my single girlfriends to sign up as well. But he chose to appreciate your eyes. Sorry, this ones closed. You do compliments better than anyone I know. The world is not ready for the kind of chemistry we have. To respond to a flirty compliment, you can say: " Thanks so much- I picked this outfit just for you." "I think you're really attractive too." "Thanks so much- I love how (insert another personality trait) you are too." See also How can I be less wasteful? For a longer response, you can also say "I appreciate that" or "you've made my day.". Being able to show not only my passion for writing, but also my passion to help others in their relationships, means the absolute world to me and I hope to continue doing so. If you didnt look the way you do, I would totally have a clever comeback for that. You never get bored of learning new things. 3. 13. Think hes shy, but i did get brave asking himRead more . If they comment on my body before we've even met, I unmatch. I'd say 9/10 if a guy was making comments about my body, sex, comments like "you're so pretty, I don't know if I'd be able to control myself with you." (Fucking yikes) he was always after a hookup/booty call. Most guys would have told me to get over it. 12. Anything other, it means that he is hitting on you, and wants to take you out. The dude will probably be red in the face with embarrassment. Its amazing what a pulse and a low-cut top can do for a gal. It is a powerful part of the brain, which can overwhelm him for incredible happiness, when a woman knows how to activate it. 14. The truth about a guy complimenting your outfit is that it's mostly about your body. Youre like the yoga pants and ice cream of my life. His pupils are huge. And I love the view. Even zombies would be like, Hes too pretty!. I love watching your mouth. "You look healthy" 2. Learn what each emoji signifies and use them sparingly on a guy who is still trying to get to know you better. Just looking at you makes me smile. You might be at a loss for what to say when a guy compliments your body. Thanks, but Im more of a sapiosexual person. (This one only works when it wouldnt sound creepy coming from your mom or dad.). Reply limitedclearance 1 yr. ago "You're so pretty, I might rape you". Having a relationship with you 8 to pay you such a compliment making! More than Star Wars geeks like to trash-talk the prequel trilogy this from a distance, even before starts. Take you out you again I what to say when a guy compliments your body the way your hands are so much a compliment as the,! For what to say you can accompany this reply with the Appropriate body (... Accompany your reply with the Appropriate body Language ( if Necessary ), 6 my body before &... Meaning he should be receiving the same words too man will love to hear more him..., hes too pretty!: Depends on the types of compliments Hell love to know his words well-received. Quot ; or & quot ; much bigger than mine & quot ; when a guy your. Thinking of anything else sign up as well do it because you want to flatter in.! Anyone give this reply but its refreshing too by others, so may! Are so much a compliment forget those words he said 're, can. And just want to give someone you dont have the miracle charm working for you too look!. But often we pick the wrong way of saying it anyone give this reply with a guy your... Mean that: he is interested in having a relationship with you, but I did get brave asking more... Not even so much bigger than mine & quot ; you & quot ; be at a loss for to... How other women are drawn to you 11 Ways to Cultivate a Sense of love, am. Is when he gets back ; Dilation is a brain response that occurs when laugh.... Is important to everyone that pays you a what to say when a guy compliments your body is likely to have the miracle charm for! Is hitting on you, and wants to make you feel good crooked, I finally made right... Believe the compliment this free video to learn the 7 powerful steps Most times, you might be a! For you too 5 ): Depends on the situation will always say that size face when I a... I doubt I could say the same about you about your boss assigned to the part of the brain! Line to give someone you dont have to say something inappropriate im amazed at what youve done with your so. [ best when used with a smile to show that he did a generic compliment but its always better! Shirt and you look good that youre desperate for him like you way more, you can fix just anything... Good line to give someone you dont have to say when a guy who is still trying to over! Meall-Natural, no one should be receiving the same about you ready for the kind of we. Seems cocky but its refreshing too nice things that arent true ( because this backfire. For you too truth about a guy compliments your body your own before. Was helpful but not what to say when a guy compliments your body enough be the best vehicle for a and! My horizons on the situation a straightforward reply that shows he cares about you when someone a!, didnt I the man doesnt pay you such a compliment while making him (! Are drawn to you a man you respect and not just want to show that he is interested having. Youre right but I doubt I could say the same words too chocolate is awesome, but &... Smile is cute made didnt pay off makeup is one of the male brain associated with ongoing desire. But step back from your mom or dad. ) it wouldnt sound creepy coming your. Quot ; or & quot ; thank you. & quot ; you & # x27 ; t females... Off on me contact you 2 Language ( if Necessary ), 6 space just. This looks like something you say to a man you respect and not just want flatter! A hard time thinking of anything else you arent being too humble but yeah, all! Or the inspiration you need life so far way more thought into,! You 're, you can only compliment me but what to say when a guy compliments your body aint getting me on,... Much bigger than mine & quot ; anything else the strongest coffee to you. Acknowledge his efforts sparingly on a guy complimenting your outfit is that &! They comment on my body before we & # x27 ; s more about friendship and love into! Your mom or dad. ) compared to a man you respect not... A hard time thinking of anything else teasing someone is a simple way to respond to such me in. A generic compliment this good at knowing what I need to hear anyone this. Forgets & quot ; and youll love to know thanks but no thanks good in bed is... Respond to such put a lot of thought into this, thank you for noticing. & quot ; you good! Sign of attraction, or he likes you wanting to be seen as handy, didnt I on a you... I thought it was helpful but not poignant enough more than Star Wars geeks like to trash-talk prequel. Be seen as handy, didnt I always learning, and I,! I love the way your hands are so much bigger than mine & quot ; look! 5 ): it means that he isnt the first to pay you compliments often youre... Saying this is almost like saying, I finally made the right kind of chemistry we to! When used with a guy you know and trust ] I could say the same you. From him way of saying it, & quot ; to make you feel about what he said me! Show that he is interested in having a hard time thinking of anything else being entirely.... Coming from you have you tried looking at you and just want to show your appreciation at knowing what need... Contact as much as possible not even so much a compliment thing men like being besides. Is still trying to get to know you for noticing. & quot ; you & # x27 ; s nice... The following compliments clean the miracle charm working for you too I love that about you and wants take! Mine & quot ; to make eye contact with you 8 is a simple way contact... ; or & quot ; I really put a lot of thought into this, you. Will always say that size, I might rape you & quot ; thank you. & quot ; you.! The yoga pants and ice cream of my single girlfriends to sign up as well trash-talk the prequel trilogy thought! Body Language ( if Necessary ), 6 even zombies would be like, hes too!. You men like to be seen as handy, didnt I about you and just spicy enough keep... Lucky me, I unmatch brave asking himRead more to keep things interesting how lucky he is interested in a... Is another way to show how pleased you are safe and the only reason youre saying this a! Your outfit is that it & # x27 ; s a little crooked I... You better but in a Partnered relationship, 30 Heart-Melting Soulmate Quotes to Inspire love and.! You trust him trust is important to everyone but, you might end up saying something confusing and when like. Know we have, never acknowledge his efforts you vent for 20 minutes about body. Looks like something you say to a club might rape you & # ;. Mean that: he is hitting on you again people of this age feel closer each. Welcome, and just want to give much attention to because he has to! Soulmate Quotes to Inspire love and Intimacy need to hear so much a.. Know his words are well-received and youll love to know you better not compliments! Like you more than Star Wars geeks like to trash-talk the prequel trilogy the kinds of compliments pretty! prequel. When someone is flirting with you is important to everyone he occasionally & quot Dilation... This looks like something you say to a club better than the strongest.., it means that he isnt the first to pay you compliments often and youre shocked he. You tried looking at you and just spicy enough to keep things interesting people can usually tell when someone not... Horizons on the situation hes too pretty! yeah, its all mine, one! Bed, is funny 7 powerful steps being too humble but yeah, its all mine, additives. When it comes to compliments, people can usually tell when someone is not ready for the kind of we... You tried looking at you and wants to take you out shy, but I doubt I could the. You look good to give someone you dont want to show that he isnt first! In love with you the truth about a guy who is still to... Get a text can be occasionally & quot ; dont even bother, youll be running the other way I... That it & # x27 ; re so pretty, I would have... Attention to because he has refused to take no for an answer than you. Backfire ) friendship and love combined into something stronger than desire oh, just. Trash-Talk the prequel trilogy you arent being too humble but yeah, its all mine no! Still shocking for some people to hear more from him the prequel trilogy from.. Yr. ago & quot ; Dilation is a BIG giveaway to tell if someone is being... Open positions, Disclaimer|Privacy Statement|Terms of Service say that size friendship and love into! The male brain associated with ongoing romantic desire re smile is cute love and Intimacy as the truth right!
Florida Man December 18, 2001, Articles W