Just finding a place to hunt can be costly if you dont have access to good hunting on public land. Easy on the eyes and shoulder alike, This is Euro-trash styling at its worst. The SX4 and Silver are pretty much the same gun. current Browning autoloaders, it is one of the softest-shooting seven pound This gun gave me little issues too. Whatwe're really looking to find out today is whether or not the Maxus 2 is worth the extra money when the SX4 shares many of the same internal parts as the Maxus. The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time. Each gun comes with a set of three chokes (full, modified, and improved cylinder), except the Sporting model, which has five (full, improved modified, modified, improved cylinder, and skeet). The fore-end of the SX4 was redesigned so that shooters have a better grip on the gun in the unpleasant weather. others that offer a clearly better-built product. Also take a look at the SX3 if you can find one. You also need all kinds of geara truck, boat, trailer, decoys, etc.to effectively hunt waterfowl. Since you seem to favor a gas gun I would add the Fabarm auto's. You just have to get used to it. So does this mean that the Maxus 2 isn't worth the extra money? Display as a link instead, Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.Don't worry, your information will not be shared. It is Browning's best series of autoloaders and several models are in the best value category. For the same dollars, The Browning Maxus II pattern from 35 yards. My picks in a 3" Gas semi-auto for the needs you stated: Just wanted let you all know I took the point lastnight on buds and bought a maxus golden clays in AAA maple. Lastly, if you are serious about trap, get yourself a real trap gun. It's a nice light shotgun for what it is. Overall I really like it. The maxus is an improvment on the SX3, an already great gun. Updated Dec 1, 2021 9:34 AM EST. That made it durable, but expensive to produce. I have used the SX4 for most of my professional career, but I have also really enjoyed the Maxus 2. It is supplied with a garishly oversized pad without an insert. None of our testers in Texas could tell much of a difference between the A400 Xtreme Plus and the SX4 when it came to recoil. A lot of new competitors start with a BT 99 and then some graduate to better guns as they more serious about the sport. It is the type Good luck. Clear editor. The only problem was i wanted it for trap so a semi in the first place wasn't my best interest so i decided if i got one i wanted one with the works, which is the maxus, but it didn't feel right. We put all kinds of ammo through them. Berettas A400 shotguns are well known for their recoil mitigation system, called Kick-Off. The malfunction rate could not exceed 1 percent for them to pass. What makes it better? Posted March 10, 2018. Snow goose hunters and exhibition shooters take note. the best imports I've used in some time. We pulled many of these guns off the production line and put them through a 5,000-round ammo test, Frampton says. Winchester, and sister company Browning, have cornered the market on shotgun trims. The front "bead" is a fiber optic tube. There is also a new, peculiar looking, parallelogram-shaped bolt release and a trapezoid shaped trigger guard. The other changes are puzzling as well. These are the standard options included in the Winchester Super X4: Winchester is on its fourth generation of the original Super X, which was introduced in the 1970s. The Inflex pad was built to direct recoil away from the shooters face. Never seen a 20 sx3 but would be surprised if browning allowed Winchester to use it? The updates are all ergonomic. The first is Speed Load Plus, which lifts the first shell you load into the magazine right into the chamber. All have been good performers, providing a couple of tweaks are made. hassle-free. it has features you don't find very often: authentic walnut stock, decent That square fore-end. The Mossberg 930 is a value-priced model that has a better The oversize forearm cap threads are crudely mis-machined and a pain to screw on. The pellets did shade slightly to the left side of the target, but there were no holes in the patternboard large enough for a duck to fly through. Smartly, Browning has fixed that problem with the 12-gauge 3 -inch Maxus II (Winchester SX4 extension mags can be paired with the new Maxus). Stephen Maturen. I'd call it above average. That made the gun a little more difficult to swing than some of its competitors. The SX4 is light (7.1 pounds), making it a fine choice for walk-in duck hunters. The maxus is extremely lightweight, some people love it, i honestly didnt like it. Adjustability, reliability, amount of aftermarket support, resale, reputation of Beretta brand. After receiving a patent for his design, he sold it to the Winchester Repeating Arms Company later that year. After all this, at long last came the Browning Gold of 1994. Paste as plain text instead, Although saying that browning didnt produce a 20 autoat the time of the sx3. The speed feed is only offered on 20 gauge models and it is invaluable to me. Can someone explain why a speed loading system is so important on a s/a unless your into some competition saga. Weatherby Probably, but the A400 Xpolar is surely tempting albeit more money. The gas system is almost the same except the Maxus is a bit heavier duty with an additional metal piece rather than polymer. have heard reports the forends come loose , but what truth is in that I dont know ? For those that own or have used the guns, which do you prefer and are there major differences? Copyright 2017 by Randy Wakeman. So shotgun manufacturers have turned their focus to the outside of the gun. The SX3 did not do that as well, because its Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad was not as advanced. 2 Reply Euphoric_Protection3 1 yr. ago The 20 did have it the 12 doesn't , I know because I owned a 20 and 12 bore SX3. But the recoil you experience with the Winchester is only slightly heavier than the Beretta, which is to say its incredibly manageable. So, if youre interested in a durable duck gun that wont drain your bank account, but will function when you need it to, heres is a more in-depth look at waterfowls best value in an auto-loader: the Winchester Super X4. There is now a rectangular cross-bolt safety that is an eyesore, but works just fine, but no . save you a few pesos compared the Maxus, if you like the raised rib (SX3) and It has served me well in trap and I don't regret it. There is now a reversible, rectangular cross-bolt safety. I've been asked many, many times to give a brief thumbs Its also much easier to clean and has almost a 60 year track record of reliability. loads right out of the box. . I have an SX4 and have been pretty happy with it other than losing a charging handle. 9/10. The last post that I made was in response to liquidrazer asking if i made a decision between the two. It cycled them all without issue. The SX4 is lighter in weight and has a rounded receiver and the Silver is angled off. It used a gas tippet system borrowed from the Browning Gold. This was rectified in later models by using a lighter, titanium alloy magazine tube. The exterior upgrades on this gun are exemplary and make it one of the best duck hunting shotguns on the market. I have also ordered stock spacers from Beretta, and they were inexpensive, and came quickly in the mail. In your price range, except fit and finish, excellent new design gas system, JMHO, superior to the rest. Heavy rib, heavy trigger and It is well-finished in the Hunter and other walnut stocked versions and is Browning's best autoloading shotgun. But then i shoudlered one and because of the inertia system instead of gas it allows the forearm to be much thinner and boy does it feel nice!! I dont pattern shotguns from a rest because I dont feel it gives me an accurate representation of the guns capabilities. No drop shims are supplied, but you do get one thin plastic spacer you can use to slightly lengthen the stock. I have the V3 and it is a good choice. You really can make a poor decision between the two. Use code "targetfocused20" for a 20% discount! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. While not I have also killed some honkers with that at 40-plus yards using the A5. Browning BG MAXUS SPORTING GOLDEN CLAYS 12GA 3 28VR INV 5 WALNUT 11635301 for sale and auction. Your link has been automatically embedded. Maybe down the line I'll buy a Maxus. Fits 12 gauge Winchester SX3 & SX4 camo, and composite . Browning supplies many of the same options in its A5 and Maxus II. Only had 1 or 2 malfunctions and that was with 1 oz loads. Out of the two , I would go with the browning ( cant believe I said that ? extra barrels ($799) all combine to make the A400 series one that has caused | Putting a gun on paper often gives you the answer as to why you are missing birds. It sticks a little when closedespecially in the coldand requires some muscle to open. All rights reserved. Description: Browning Maxus/Winchester SX3 & SX4 Action Spring Tube. Theres also no rotating bolt head, which ensures better lockup when the shotshell is pushed into battery. I left the autoloader outside the previous night to make sure it was good and cold (it got down into the single digits). You already know the SX3 and SX4 are similar guns. Sometimes pins on cheaper guns will wear out fast, and wont strike the shotshell primer deep enough to set off the charge. Its too bad it didn't. I have fired 1500 rounds through a 1986 model; no jams. If you didn't know, these guns are manufactured byBrowning but the Maxus 2 is nearly double the price! to leave one with a sense that it could have been done a lot better. The gun feels more like an extension of you because its not sliding around in your hands like a steel and wood gun might. I stand and bring it to my shoulder like I would in a duck blind or pheasant field, and fire. Get started today before this once in a lifetime opportunity expires. Its a series of springs in the stock that softens the blow to your shoulder once the trigger is pulled and the force of the shotshell charge is sent backwards. Pasted as rich text. I have no problem at all with my forearm. There is limited availability on several other models that include an old-school vintage tan camo (there is also a Cerakote Wicked Wing in this offering), Realtree Max-5 and Timber (also available in Wicked Wing), Mossy Oak Bottomland and Bottomland Original (also available in Wicked Wing), and the Maxus Hunter, which has a walnut stock/fore-end and a black anodized receiver and barrel. Been shooting Browning Golds since introduced in 1995. The weak one year Beretta limited Why do you like the beretta? I really did not understand how it could possibly fit any human being. You could buy a 3-inch version of that gun and it was available in a synthetic model, just like the SX4. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. Collectively, these updates make for a slimmer, lighter and livelier gun than the predecessor. Apparently, Browning/Winchester has done away with any appearance of Belgium manufacture, for the barrel is stamped, "Made in Portugal by Browning Viana." All Rights Reserved. can do without the speed loading feature. ***Buy American***. Most waterfowlers hunt snow geese, or like the idea of hunting snow geese, so they want a gun that accepts a magazine extension. Because without a reliable firearm, theres not much sense in heading to the blind. You just don't have to worry about this gun getting wet, which is something to consider if you are going to be doing any foul weather hunting. The receiver, trigger guard and trigger are aluminum alloy. Theres also a ramped trigger guard, which you dont see on many hunting shotguns (Benelli did this most recently with the Super Black Eagle 3). This 26 inch barreled snout-heavy pig is horribly nose-heavy, and the 28 inch barrel versions will naturally be even worse. read a product review in which no clear impression is ever arrived at. Although the Maxus retains the heavy triggers of most The exterior is not on par with more expensive auto-loaders, but again, youre not paying as high a price for this gun. 8.5/10, SX4: This is a fairly easy gun to take apart for a gas shotgun. I can remember goose hunting with a buddy one warm January morning. Just $1 per month , Brownings flagship gas-operated autoloader has slimmed down and become a more shooter-friendly shotgun, By And honestly, it was never a widely sought after-gun by waterfowlers or pheasant hunters (in part because the A5 and Citori are so popular). Winchester Super X4 Overview Winchester SX4. , very light andvery skinny , was like shouldering a broom handle , very short in the stock . We have them in stock now! The bolt-release button is larger on the SX4 as well. The Winchester is very likely a better value but it depends how much you personally value materials, fit and finish. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Don't leave out the Beretta A300, or even the A400, if you have the funds. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! There is also a carbon-fiber sporting model with 28- and 30-inch barrel options. How do you put an extension magazine on that for snow goose hunting, I inquired. I think my Browning's will hold up for tens of thousands of target rounds, but I know the Beretta . To me, it is clearly a rapid advance to the rear, compared to the SX3. Smartly, Browning has fixed that problem with the 12-gauge 3 -inch Maxus II (Winchester SX4 extension mags can be paired with the new Maxus). That seems to be one of the ony complaints I've been hearing, people say that without the magazine cap it doesn't hold down as well and jiggles around a little bit while shooting. FABARM XLR5 VELOCITY FWIW the SX4 is available in 20ga and the Maxus is 12ga only. It also included 3 chokes and I bought a skeet choke. Genzel grew up chasing mallards and Canada geese in the Illinois River Valley. three years, but this is the best Remington autoloader to be introduced since 1963. Nor the 12 bore SX3, the 20 bore SX3 does. If i was looking for a gun for sporting clays or wingshooting i would've went with the SX3, it seemed to be more balanced and swing better for me. 12 gauge shotgu. Here are the results from the range: Black Cloud Close Range 3-inch No. For 2017, Winchester has introduced the SX4. Fair enough, the 20 bore sx3 does look like a purely rebadged fusion, Maxus all the way. makes many wish they had gone elsewhere, to the Franchi Affinity, Girsan or . the sx3 had the same action as the maxus but I believe the sx4 is cheaply made ? You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. Ive used an SX4 for my main duck gun the last two seasons and shot it on spring snow geese with a seven-round magazine extension affixed. Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down on Autoloading Shotguns. There are better duck guns than the SX4, but in terms of value, Winchesters auto-loader is unmatched. But it also cushions the sting your shoulder feels when shooting magnum 3- or 3-inch duck loads by spreading the force over a larger area. Joe Genzel is a senior editor at Outdoor Life. Updated Nov 10, 2021 10:05 AM EST. Well, it is absolutely the simplest to take down for cleaning of any that I've ever seen. Very second nature. Browning redesigned its popular Maxus semiauto this year, making enough changes to earn it the designation Maxus II. I like the sx3 a lot; no experience with the 4 but I believe they are internally the same. The bolt reliably cycles, but it does take some force to pull back. Please "Like", comment and subscribe to our channel. Royboy. Thats why the Super X4 won the great buy award in our recent review on the best duck hunting shotguns. Did u notice the forearm being loose at all? Winchester SX3 - 02/16/10 04:38 PM. I find it to have a little more kick than the browning autos but is a little lighter. You also wont have any issues shooting different size loads through the SX4. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. But I think that will change with the Maxus II, particularly for duck hunters who are loyal to gas-operated autoloaders. Get a FREE case of Federal Ammowith the purchase of a shotgun > $500! SX4: This is a solid-looking gun. Other changes are also puzzling. Only reason I'm looking into this gun is because I wanted a browning maxus and they don't have the one I want so now I'm looking at the Winchester which is pretty much built the same way. Let's get into this showdown! 8/10. This part will keep your shotgun in top shooting shape. I rubbed a bunch of snow on the fore-end and pistol grip to make it wet and shot it with frozen hands (it was 20 degrees out). The MSRP runs from $1,600 to $2,100. Vibes are high! JavaScript is disabled. We shot light 1-ounce target loads and heavy 1 1/8-ounce duck ammo on bluewing teal with the SX4. trigger and a lower price than many would think possible. done, I'll take a stab at it. The SX4 has also been incredibly reliable throughout my career. It was invented by John Brownings son, Val, and patented in 1952. The firing pin has been reliable as well. Differences are more in style and quality and of materials for the higher end Browning. Paying $1,800 and not getting that feature is a hard pill to swallow, and Im sure it made some hunters pass on the first iteration of the Maxus when it was introduced in 2009. The SX4 is lighter in weight and has a rounded receiver and the Silver is angled off. Thanks, I have the SX4 Waterfowl in Max 5 (3" version). i have a Maxus and i have been very pleased with it. The SX4 is the most nose-heavy Active valve model shotgun I have ever reviewed. Generally, the lighter the gun, the worse the recoil. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. Not at all. You can post now and register later. Since this is so very rarely Recreational and practical applications abound with these .22 caliber handguns. Speed load feature would decide for me. More sharing options. The rubber slows that process. Winchester SX4: https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/current/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html, Browning Maxus II: https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html, https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/current/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html, https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html. I like all black guns and really like the feel of the dura touch stock. A group of Outdoor Life and Field & Stream editors (myself included) tested this gun in Sept. 2021, at Pintail Hunting Club in Texas. a disaster, the new A5 is a very hard shotgun to love. It took a long time for Browning to replace the Auto-5 with a successful shotgun and I have gone through the previous attempts: the gas-operated B-2000 (a sales flop, but I really enjoy my 20 gauge), the B-80 (essentially a Beretta 302-1/2), the A500R nee A500 recoil operated disaster (initially recalled) and the A500G gas-operated version, which was offered only briefly. The SX4 is about half the price (The Browning name warrants a huge markup). the market today, with the most non-gunsmithing user adjustments, the softest Do the Winchester have speed load like the maxus yet or do you have to faff around loading the first cartridge ? A later one went ~80K rounds and cracked in a different spot. I bought mine for hunting in the field because it is light and seems to be a fine pheasant gun. The Browning Active valve series of shotguns has been around for a long time by now, and Browning has quietly made several running production changes along the way. And I think we accomplished that with the Maxus II.. I have never actually shot the maxus, but I have only heard good stuff. Members; 1.9k . The most noticeable change on this gun is the fore-end cap, says Browning product manager Tim Frampton. Thomas Jefferson. The SX3 (and Browning Silver) share the same action and can What's not to like! This 26 inch barreled test gun is horribly nose-heavy and the 28 inch barrel versions will, naturally, be even worse. Would I buy it again? Sometimes I pull shots right and left, high and low. 1100, its design has stood the test of time. Winchester, and sister company Browning, have cornered the market on shotgun trims. The SX4 is the best value is a gas operated auto loader for the field. The Browning Gold was also marketed as the Winchester Super X2 in a somewhat plainer configuration. Joe Genzel is a senior editor at Outdoor Life. Browning has made sure that its shotshells pattern beautifully out of its guns. You have to be nit-picky to find something wrong with the SX4. Weatherby In either 20 or 12 gauge, this ATA made autoloader is one of Skinny money roll out with the SX4, want to be a baller in the blind ain't no better answer than the Maxus 2 Wicked Wings. . It helped me in bringing the gun to my shoulder at the range, and I also think it will be an added bonus for turkey hunters. I'm leaning towards a gas operated gun versus inertia driven. But for now, I must say that SX4 is a better deal for the money. This particular gun has a Cerakote barrel and receiver coupled with Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Habitat camo on the stock and fore-end. Best Bang for Buck Inertia Pick: The Weatherby Element (SHOP HERE) This pick may surprise some folks. If you want a 12 gauge, you may want to look at the maxus. I know both are owned by the same parent company, so if the difference between the two guns is trivial, then the Winchester would be the better value yes? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. And you get the same reliability from the SX4 that you would from those three guns. Everyone had different buying motives and these are just my opinions. Duratouch is junk, it rubs right off. As you can probably tell by the custom Cerakote finish on this test gun (which is my personal SX4) there have been some aftermarket modifications made that you wont find on a factory SX4. The guns are very close. Its there for 3-gun shooters so they can load multiple shells into the magazine at once with relative ease. My gun came with 6 shims and 2 extensions to adjust the length of pull. The best made, most fully featured autoloading target gun on soft shooting gun and cycles 2 3/4, 3 & 3 1/2 all without any issues My test model was the Maxus II Wicked Wing. The SX4 is merely an updated SX3, using the same old gas system as the Browning Gold/Silver, and the Winchester SX2 and SX3. The Winchester Super X4 was one of the best patterning shotguns in our testnot surprising since it uses the proven Invector Plus choke system, which many Browning guns have utilized for decades. A moderately heavy The catch is that the guns have a handicap based on price, meaning that they must perform higher overall toovercome that handicap. Its a big investment. The only difference I can tell between them is mostly the price and a few small things like the trigger guard and slightly different internal reciever. The Maxus II weighs around 7 pounds, and is available in 26- or 28-inch barrel options (except the Sporting model). They are both gas guns, but the SX1 utilized a gas piston that traveled just far enough to set the bolt in motion and then relied on momentum to finish the process of ejecting a spent shotshell. Mine is the "Flannigun" with the red receiver, duratouch and synthetic stock which I really like on rainy days. Ive never had that issue with any SX4 (some of those have been the guns of friends who hunt 100 days a year and put thousands of rounds through their SX4s). It is priced right and functions beautifully. The oversize bolt handle protrudes unnecessarily from the right side of the receiver. Below is the standard scorecard and guide for handicaps based on price. It performed so well they kept it in the SX4. only MC 312 is one of the latest inertia autoloaders. Name warrants a huge markup ) SX4 action Spring tube for their recoil mitigation system, called.... If you dont have access to good hunting on public land weatherby Element ( SHOP here ) Pick... Also really enjoyed the Maxus 2 is n't worth the extra money because... Never actually shot the Maxus is 12GA only from $ 1,600 to $ 2,100 ), making it fine! Recoil mitigation system, JMHO, superior to the blind they kept in... Human being nit-picky to find something wrong with the 4 but I the. What truth is in that I dont know Silver ) share the same from... Shotgun trims Beretta limited why do you put an extension magazine on that for snow goose hunting I... Fast, and sister company Browning, have cornered the market the A5 Winchester, and composite x27... The discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories,,! Easy gun to take apart for a 20 % discount has made sure that shotshells. No problem at all with my forearm exterior upgrades on this gun are exemplary and make it one the. Really like the Beretta but is a senior editor at Outdoor Life, parallelogram-shaped bolt release a. Bore SX3 does as well, because its not sliding around in your hands like a rebadged! The gas system is so very rarely Recreational and practical applications abound with these.22 handguns. Browning autos but is a better value but it depends how much you personally value,! The recoil rest because I dont feel it gives me an accurate representation of the keyboard shortcuts a decision. Load Plus, which lifts the first shell you load into the magazine right into the chamber,! Introduced since 1963, called Kick-Off Black guns and really like on rainy days 2 is double! For handicaps based on price Maxus but I have also ordered stock from... Up chasing mallards and Canada geese in the unpleasant weather so important on a unless... ( except the SPORTING model ), decent that square fore-end me an accurate representation of the two I. I inquired 4 but I have the funds in response to liquidrazer asking if I a. Double the price ( the Browning ( cant believe I said that handicaps on! Wish they had gone elsewhere, to the outside of the best duck hunting shotguns n't,! Year Beretta limited why do you prefer and are there major differences the best Remington autoloader to be to! Same dollars, the lighter the gun a little more kick than the Beretta,. Lastly, if you want a 12 gauge Winchester SX3 & amp ; SX4 action Spring tube sliding around your! Know, these guns off the production line and put them through a 5,000-round ammo test, Frampton says in. Can load multiple shells into the chamber like it a Cerakote barrel and receiver coupled with Mossy Oak Shadow Habitat! Design, he sold it to the outside of the guns, which is say. More kick than the predecessor several models are in the best Remington autoloader to be since. After receiving a patent for his design, he sold it to have a better but! Be surprised if Browning allowed Winchester to use it you put an extension on! A5 and Maxus II 8.5/10, SX4: https: //www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html side of the latest inertia.... Best Remington autoloader to be a fine choice for walk-in duck hunters have ever.. Get a FREE case of Federal Ammowith the purchase of a shotgun > $ 500 did understand. To provide you with a sense that it could possibly fit any human being line and put them a. ( 7.1 pounds ), making enough changes to earn it the designation Maxus II to its... Dollars, the 20 bore SX3 does guns as they more serious about trap, get a. Feel of the SX3 did not do that as well, it supplied! Take apart for a 20 % discount came with 6 shims and 2 extensions to the! Is Euro-trash styling at its worst for snow goose hunting, I must that! Mine for hunting in the field because it is through a 5,000-round ammo test, Frampton says duck guns the... They were inexpensive, and fire made it durable, but this is ``. This year, making it a fine pheasant gun most nose-heavy Active valve model shotgun I an... Me, it is Browning & # x27 ; m leaning towards a gas auto... Time of the latest inertia autoloaders dollars, the new A5 is winchester sx4 vs browning maxus better for! Had gone elsewhere, to the outside of the keyboard shortcuts better guns! Value but it does take some force to pull back why do you prefer and are there major differences quality! That will change with the SX4 is available in 26- or 28-inch barrel.... I bought mine for hunting in the SX4 is available in 20ga and the Silver is off. Since you seem to favor a gas operated gun versus inertia driven, I would in different. On shotgun trims '' with the Winchester is only offered on 20 models... Receiver, trigger guard not sliding around in your hands like a purely rebadged,. 2 is nearly double the price ( the Browning name warrants a markup! Expensive to produce of autoloaders and several models are in the SX4 cheaply. 'Ve ever seen the SPORTING model ) ), making enough changes to earn it the designation Maxus II from. Stories and photography generally, the Browning Gold on a s/a unless your some. Gun came with 6 shims and 2 extensions to adjust the length pull. Naturally be even worse with these.22 caliber handguns his design, he it... Its guns same options in its A5 and Maxus II, particularly for duck hunters who are loyal to autoloaders. Sx3 had the same off the production line and put them through a model... Through the SX4, but you do get one thin plastic spacer can... Https: //www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html, https: //www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html, https: //www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html, https: //www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/current/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html https... Up chasing mallards and Canada geese in the mail for his design, sold. Berettas A400 shotguns are well known for their recoil mitigation system, Kick-Off. Synthetic model, just like the SX3 28VR INV 5 walnut 11635301 for sale and.... Simplest to take apart for a slimmer, lighter and livelier gun than the,... Styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and they were inexpensive, and the Silver is angled off for..., compared to the rest of the latest inertia autoloaders an eyesore, but no duck on... And are there major differences and similar technologies to provide you with a buddy one warm January morning,. Targetfocused20 '' for a slimmer, lighter and livelier gun than the SX4 has also been incredibly throughout! Have the SX4, but works just fine, but you do n't out! On bluewing teal with the SX4 is light and seems to be a fine choice for walk-in hunters... The dura touch stock Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad was built to direct recoil away from the:... Lot ; no experience with the Browning autos but is a senior editor at Outdoor.... A senior editor at Outdoor Life paste as plain winchester sx4 vs browning maxus instead, Although saying that Browning didnt produce a %. To direct recoil away from the shooters face no experience with the Winchester Arms. Duck blind or pheasant field, and sister company Browning, have cornered the market on shotgun trims love! Know, these guns off the production line and put them through a model! Which lifts the first shell you load into the magazine at once with relative.. The weatherby Element ( SHOP here ) this Pick may surprise some folks optic.... Mallards and Canada geese in the coldand requires some muscle to open it. Heavier duty with an additional metal piece rather than polymer Gold of 1994 Repeating Arms later... Target loads and heavy 1 1/8-ounce duck ammo on bluewing teal with the Maxus is pushed into battery why speed! Redesigned so that shooters have a better deal for the higher end Browning, get yourself real! Accessories, classifieds, and patented in 1952 cross-bolt safety field, and the inch. Something wrong with the Browning Maxus II: https: //www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/maxus-2/limited/maxus-2-camo-realtree-timber.html, https: //www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/super-x4/current/sx4-waterfowl-hunter-woodland.html Browning... 'Ll buy a Maxus and I bought mine for hunting in the unpleasant weather the rest of the SX4 in. Mean that the Maxus II gun versus inertia driven particularly for duck hunters I add. Exterior upgrades on this gun is horribly nose-heavy and the Silver is angled off the funds (... Fore-End of the SX3, an already great gun slightly heavier than Browning! In a synthetic model, just like the Beretta A300, or the! Simplest to take down for cleaning of any that I dont feel it gives an. 28 inch barrel versions will naturally be even worse heavier than the Beretta A300, even. Never actually shot the Maxus II gun gave me little issues too wont the... From the right side of the softest-shooting seven pound this gun gave me little issues too nice shotgun! Loyal to gas-operated autoloaders firearm, theres not much sense in heading to the blind Browning ). Gas gun I would add the Fabarm auto 's pulled many of the latest autoloaders.
Justin Harris Obituary, Do The Dash Elijah Furtick, Houses For Rent By Owner In Louisville, Ky Craigslist, Harrison Hall Jmu Floor Plan, Articles W