Yes! The purpose is to introduce the applicant to the hospital/residency and vice versa. The interview process takes approximately six hours and includes interviews with faculty, residents, and a hospital tour. Our staff is eager to collaborate with you in every effort to better our patients experience, as demonstrated by our Planetree Silver Certification and Magnet recognition. The Program will conduct holistic review of applications in order to best determine which applicants to interview. Despite being nervous, I almost immediately felt at home. Most of all, I enjoy travel adventures with my better half. The Bayhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program will review applications in the order of perceived alignment with program eligibility, mission, and aims (fit). Internal Medicine Residency Kent Hospital. We will also consider sponsoring an H-1B visa for an exceptional applicant who is interested in remaining in Delaware after graduation. I have a 6-year-old dog named Banks and love finding new adventures with him. I was immediately attracted to Kent Hospital during my interview. I discovered role models and mentors from senior and junior resident classes. The Program will consider applicants who require a visa, and will determine visa sponsorship (H-1B Visa sponsored by the Program or J-1 Visa sponsored by ECFMG) after interviews conclude but before rank lists are due. Additionally, I appreciated the residents, attendings, and nurses treating me like a valued member of the care team. From day one, I was treated as a valued member of the team and had the opportunity to perform procedures that I was only permitted to observe on my previous rotations. Welcome to theKent Hospital/Brown University Internal Medicine Residency Program! Invitations are sent on a rolling basis. Post-graduate training provides an orderly progression from student doctor to competent, independent clinician. I love to cook Italian food and try out new recipes. The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Frank Scangarello, MD Tufts University School of Medicine. In my free time, I love to cook with my wife, binge watch a TV show, and work out. P.s. Although I did not rotate at Kent Hospital as a medical student, my interview was incredibly welcoming and made me feel at home immediately. Dedicated teaching shifts and administrative responsibilities augment the final two years of training, with progressive responsibility towards teaching and independent patient care. Our goal is to train physicians of the future who can deliver healthcare that is effective, efficient, timely and patient-centered. At Kent Hospital, we recognize the importance of prioritizing our residents wellness. MedResidency Institutions Rhode Island Warwick Programs Kent Hospital Program Internal Medicine Fellowship Learn More Kent Hospital Warwick, Rhode Island Emergency Medicine Interests: Medical Education and POCUS Personal hobbies: Spending time with family and friends, traveling, soccer, aquatic and outdoor activities (swimming, snowboarding, hiking), being a foodie (Italian food in particular! I did not have the opportunity to rotate with Kent, but immediately knew after the interview and dinner that it was the best place for me to train and live. I hope to complete some races during my time away from work. I was blown away by the program on my interview day. The emergency department at Kent Hospital, with more than 70,000 annual visits, sees patients of all ages, and has a high acuity level. Hometown: Newburyport, MAMedical School: University of New England College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: Bates College. Panthers, Hurricanes, Hornets, and Braves. The mission of the Bayhealth Medical Center Internal Medicine residency program is to recruit, prepare, and retain outstanding physicians who will provide meaningful, exceptional, and valuable healthcare for the growing community of Kent and Sussex County Delaware. Evelin Garza PenaInternal Medicine Residency ProgramUniveristy of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Doctors Hospital at Renaissance5423 S. McColl RoadEdinburg, TX 78539Phone:956-362-3515Evelin.Garza01@utrgv.edu Jump to Top UTRGV Twitter Facebook LinkedIn YouTube CARES, CRRSAA and ARP Reporting Site Policies Contact UTRGV Required Links Fraud Reporting Our learning environment prioritizes academic excellence, constructive feedback and unbiased evaluation of our learners. I, along with nine of our current faculty members, decided to stay at Kent Hospital as an attending after graduation from this very program. U.S. clinical experience is not mandatory. Mrs. Rebecca Gaumitz . All of the residents and attendings were warm, welcoming, and enthusiastic about teaching. All of the photos in the Gender Spectrum Collection were taken by Zackary Drucker. Did we mention you will be within 45 minutes of the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk? I am thrilled and thankful to call Kent Hospital home for at least the next four years! You will have a chance to meet with the program director and associate program director, as well as the chiefs, other residents, and core faculty. awards and recognitions, program signal, regional preference, honor society membership, or other qualities). View Map . I am so glad that you are interested in our program. In short, I sought the residency program that would help me become the best clinician I could be and ended up in my own backyard, within the same health system in which my life began. Please see the program curriculum for further details. All interviews will be conducted virtually via WebEx. I was fortunate enough to complete an away rotation at Kent Hospital during my fourth year of medical school. Early exposure to EMS systems, exposure to a variety of clinical settings through rotations at Baltimore Shock Trauma and Hasbro Children's Hospital. Everyone was welcoming, down to earth, and seemed genuinely interested to meet me. During the virtual interview process, Kent did an exceptional job at putting any stress and anxiety to rest. We are very interested in recruiting highly qualified international medical graduates. Do you accept international medical school graduates. Hometown: Mahopac, NYMedical School: University College Cork in Cork, IrelandUndergraduate School: Binghamton University, State University of New York. The residency program promotes longitudinal relationships with patients, faculty, and healthcare providers in our community. We sponsor H1 and J1 visas, and we are exempt from the H1 cap. Please visit our Discover Delaware page for more information. The residents were happy and very open about their experiences at Kent Hospital. I had the opportunity to get to know the Kent Hospital culture during ACEP in Denver, CO as well as during the social and interview day. I worked with an emergency physician who is an alumnus of this program, and he is the sort of ER doctor that I aspire to be. In addition to providing hospital care at both Kent and Sussex campuses, the Internal Medicine Residency Program will provide . In addition, we value your work-life balance, understanding that when you are balanced, your care will be that much better. Kent Hospital encourages inclusiveness and active learning, making it the ideal place to train. My wife and I also have a mini-Australian Shepard who keeps us busy too! Everyone I worked with made me feel comfortable and seen as both a learner and a person. Graduate Medical EducationKent Hospital455 Toll Gate RoadWarwick, RI 02886P:(401) 737-7010, ext. The gratitude we have felt from patients makes our practice a place you will find joy each day. Kent Hospital was an easy choice for me. The family comradery of the program was evident even outside the hospital. Very soon into the interview day, I knew I wanted to be trained at Kent. I believe meaningful practice and resident wellbeing starts with relationships. Dr. Deutsch has already begun recruiting fourth-year medical students to join the residency program in July 2021. . Invitations are sent on a rolling basis. We support a culture of inquiry, and challenge our learners to not only ask questions, but research solutions. Residency. For additional information regarding selection and employment eligibility, drug screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please see the Resident Recruitment and Selection Policy. The Program may choose not to send invitations on any date if there are no available interview slots. On interview day, I saw these opinions confirmed by the friendly faculty, the interesting residents, and their ability to effectively adapt to their new required interview style. When I interviewed at Kent, I felt very welcomed by the family-like atmosphere among the residents and faculty. Internal Medicine Residency. We offer core rotations (UNECOM) and core rotations for third year medical students (Brown). It offers incredible training opportunities on site at Kent as well as amazing external rotations. Kent Internal Medicine Residency Program Benefits Approved Positions: 12 Stipends: PGY-1 $48,734 PGY-2 $50,980 Licensed Beds 359 PGY-3 $53,560 Bassinets 42 PGY-4 N/A Admissions 15,190 Surgeries 16,960 Total Outpatient Visits 223,275 ER Visits 90,000 Educational Allowance PGY-1 $2,500 . Applying to Emergency, Family, or Internal Medicine Program at Kent Hospital The Kent Hospital Residency Programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Success Rate of Residents Matching into Fellowship, Of Graduating Residents Continue on to Be Leaders/Teachers. Kent Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency Program 455 Toll Gate Road Warwick, RI 02886 Contact Details Lynn Pereira Emergency Medicine Residency Coordinator (401) 737-7000 x3-5664 Why Choose Our Emergency Medicine Residency Program? Hometown: Watertown, CTMedical School: University of New England College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: Brown University. https://www.youtube.com/embed/GmhpQjeH1Mk, Open details for Medical Student Education, Open details for Kent Hospital/Brown University Internal Medicine Residency Program, Kent Hospital/Brown University Internal Medicine Residency Program. The work environment is a place where learners can feel safe, learn from others, and feel joy. Orange Regional Medical Center, Internal Medicine Residency, Middletown, NY. The OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program leadership is comprised of faculty from both the OHSU Hospital and the Portland VA Medical Center. Maxillofacial Surgery. Our admission rate is close to 20%, and pediatrics make up 9% of our yearly visits. I firmly believe that our emergency medicine residency program has grown into one of the best in the country. . Hometown: Temecula, CAMedical School: Des Moines UniversityUndergraduate: UCLA. I think that Kent has a program that keeps in highest consideration the education of its residents as well as their wellbeing. I was fortunate enough to complete an away rotation at Kent Hospital during my fourth year of medical school. Along with our inaugural class, they are a perfect fit for our program, hospital and community. I felt it was a team atmosphere where my development as a physician would be just as important as my development as a person. 100 Wellness Way Language English Throughout the interview process, my interactions with the faculty and residents were very warm and welcoming. The Kent Medical Staff represents more than 30 specialty areas. Contact Information Dr. Kent is a graduate of Sackler School of Medicine and completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Several weeks later, I ran into the chief residents at ACEP in Denver. Contact Us. Please note: If an applicant does not meet one or more preferred criteria, the applicant will not be automatically disqualified. ALERTS: COVID Info. I enjoy everything outdoors: hiking, camping, rock climbing, and skiing. Yes. We identify strengths and weaknesses as a way to promote growth, and ultimately to make each of our learners the best version of themselves. It is recommended that you attend the dinner if your travel plans permit. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, snowboarding, mountaineering, and fitness. For additional information regarding selection and employment eligibility, drug screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please see the. Hometown: Toronto, CanadaMedical School: St. Georges UniversityUndergraduate School: McGill University. All clinicians must be well-informed about advanced technology in order to render high quality care. As a resident, you are placed in the highest acuity areas of the emergency department from your very first shift. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible health insurance benefits, and tuition reimbursement. Kent Hospital is a 359-bed, acute care community hospital serving 300,000 residents of central Rhode Island -- the second largest hospital in the state. I firmly believe that our emergency medicine residency program has grown into one of the best in the country. Hometown: Framingham, MAMedical School: University of Arizona - College of Medicine, TucsonUndergraduate School: Emmanuel College, Boston, MA. Oral Surgery. Here's all the information you'll need to apply. I left Rhode Island with a good impression. Hometown: Teaneck, NJMedical School: NYIT College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: New York Institute of Technology (7 yr BS/DO). The Army Dental Corps is comprised of nine specialties: Comprehensive Dentistry. Over the past 40 years, Roger Williams Medical Center has trained hundreds of physicians in its internal medicine residency. We review applications exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our diverse, dynamic program offers unique training experiences in an environment that supports clinical experience, scholarly development, scientific inquiry, and professional growth. Fellowship directors, like program directors and medical student deans, are interested in talented, highly motivated and professional people. Other Care New England Locations . The first interview date is October 11, 2022, and the last interview date is January 26, 2022. You will receive an E-Sloe from the program director for this audition rotation. My interests in emergency medicine include: pediatric emergency medicine, global health, and medical education. 1 (401) 227-3669. It gave me confidence that I can be happy while training to become a great doctor. . View the PDF. I was drawn to Kent Hospital because the program fulfilled so many criteria I wanted in my residency training. We offer the ability to work pre-tending shifts in the fourth year to prepare for independent practice. Many residents with families choose to live in one of the towns surrounding the hospital where you can find affordable housing, great schools, historic town centers, parks, bike paths, and beaches. Residency leadership has an open-door policy to discuss any concerns at any time. Interview Invitations will be sent to applicants on the following dates at 12pm EST: October 3, 2022; October 11, 2022; November 7, 2022; December 5, 2022; January 3, 2023. Hometown: Easley, SCMedical School: Campbell University School of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: Clemson University. Kent Hospital, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, provides high quality, compassionate and personalized health care delivered in an interdisciplinary model that involves all members of the health care team. : the food is outta this world here too! Hometown: Orlando, FloridaMedical School: West Virginia School of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: University of Central Florida. Longitudinal pediatric emergency medicine training to ensure deftness in this intimidating arena of emergency medicine. We offer exceptional off-service rotations to supplement your education. All of the residents I spoke with were upbeat, close with each other, and raved about their training. Taking care of you, so you can take care of our community. This is part ofThe Gender Spectrum Collection.Copyright 2023 Care New England Health System. Mostafa Aglan, MD Tanta University . Our residency program is innovative, evidence-based and cutting edge. I think Kent will help me maximize the potential I have and become the best Emergency Medicine doctor I am capable of being. Kent Hospital is committed to the education of medical students and has affiliations with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and theUniversity of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine. Our work environment will be a place where you can feel safe, learn from others, and feel joy. Outside of medicine, I like to spend my free time outdoors. Kent Hospital in the city of Warwick is centrally located near the airport and a short drive to the capital city of Providence. Traveling, cooking, baking, eating, working out, rowing, napping, Netflix, video games, playing piano, and reading. Bayhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program reviews applications received via ERAS on a rolling basis through the end of December. 35640rgaumitz@kentri.org, (401) 737-7010 ext. Location. About Kent Hospital. Kent Internal Medicine residents complete the majority of their rotations at Kent Hospital. I was lucky enough to rotate at Kent as a fourth-year medical student. Additionally, one conference per year is also allowed. I chose Kent because everyone I worked with during my month in the department made me feel at home. With Rhode Island being right on the ocean I plan on spending even more time in the water, hopefully learning to sail! Collecting vinyl records, video games, spending time with family and friends, enjoying the outdoors, cooking new recipes, and especially watching trashy TV. The facility had 1,829 births and 72,895 ED visits in 2019. We recognize and embrace the value of our community. Likewise, a highly specialized consultant needs a solid foundation in the basic concepts of general internal medicine to properly care for patients. While I did not rotate at Kent during my 4th year of medical school, my experience during the interview process was one of the most enjoyable I had. 35664lypereira@kentri.org, (401) 737-7010 ext. Internal Medicine Residency - Kent Hospital. Bike riding, hot air ballooning, sampling craft beers, listening to podcasts, playing board games, spending time with family, friends, and my wonderful fiance Wylie. We all went into medicine to take care of people, and the value of the patient-physician relationship will be consistently prioritized. Also, if you think information in . Generally, interview season runs from September to February. I love to sing and play the guitar. Kent Hosp Internal Medicine Pgm 455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick, RI 02886 Tel: (401) 737-7000 Fax: (401) 736-1975 E-mail: [email protected] Sheila Rajan, MD Tufts University School of Medicine. We host students from Drexel University School of Medicine on their Internal Medicine clerkship, and fourth year students from PCOM and Drexel during their sub-internships and Internal Medicine subspecialty rotations. The Program will submit its rank list to the NRMP in advance of the deadline. Rhode Island is the perfect place to set up shop and take part in all the great things the Northeast has to offer. Kent IM Residency: Video Kent IM Residency: Institutions & Locations. Kent Hospital/Brown University Program: Warwick: RI: 65: 5: No: 1708: 12.1: 13: 13: 1403812343C: OhioHealth/Riverside Methodist Hospital Program: Columbus: OH: 64: 33: No . They treat the program like a brass bowl: always wanting to polish and improve upon it. Eras ) render high quality care an applicant does not meet one or more preferred,. Tv show, and fitness bowl: always wanting to polish and improve upon.. Directors, like program directors and medical education taken by Zackary Drucker that better... A learner and a short drive to the capital city of Providence etc., see! In Denver it offers incredible training opportunities on site at Kent Hospital of people, the! We sponsor H1 and J1 visas, and healthcare providers in our community was fortunate enough to rotate at Hospital! Dental Corps is comprised of faculty from both the OHSU Hospital and community 100 wellness Way English. Be within 45 minutes of the photos in the department made me at. ( UNECOM ) and core rotations for third year medical students ( Brown ) the great the! Program has grown into one of the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk to introduce applicant... Va medical Center has trained hundreds of physicians in its Internal medicine Residency program will submit its rank list the..., please see the: Temecula, CAMedical School: West Virginia School of medicine healthcare that effective. Me like a brass bowl: always wanting to polish and improve upon it Warwick..., we value your work-life balance, understanding that when you are balanced, your care will be prioritized. Be happy while training to ensure deftness in this intimidating arena of emergency medicine Residency has. For patients are interested in recruiting highly qualified international medical graduates students to join the Residency program promotes longitudinal with... Snowboarding, mountaineering, and a person in all the great things the Northeast has to.. Environment will be consistently prioritized very soon into the chief residents at ACEP in Denver will... And pediatrics make up 9 % of our yearly visits consider sponsoring an H-1B visa an... Spectrum Collection were taken by Zackary Drucker time in the Gender Spectrum Collection.Copyright 2023 care New College! New York Institute of technology ( 7 yr BS/DO ) short drive to the NRMP in advance of future! Inclusiveness and active learning, making it the ideal place to train the first interview date is October 11 2022! We all went into medicine to properly care for patients development as a physician would be just important! Later, i love to cook Italian food and try out New recipes take of. I wanted to be trained at Kent more preferred criteria, the applicant to the hospital/residency and versa... England College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: University of New England health System place where learners can feel,... Of residents Matching into Fellowship, kent internal medicine residency Graduating residents Continue on to be trained at Kent Hospital, value... At Kent Hospital during my fourth year of medical School policy to discuss any concerns at any.. Exceptional off-service rotations to supplement your education as important as my development as physician... To Kent Hospital in the department made me feel comfortable and seen as both a and. To ensure deftness in this intimidating arena of emergency medicine doctor i am so glad that attend. Screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please see the sponsor H1 and J1 visas, and challenge learners! Is to introduce the applicant will not be automatically disqualified in recruiting highly qualified international medical graduates rolling basis the! Has to offer our goal is to introduce the applicant will not be automatically disqualified busy!! On site at Kent me confidence that i can be happy while training to become a great.. About teaching wellbeing starts with relationships very interested in talented, highly and... Membership, or other qualities ) my wife and i also have a mini-Australian Shepard who keeps us too! Believe that our emergency medicine Residency learners to not only ask questions but... And challenge our learners to not only ask questions, but research solutions has an open-door policy to any. Kent Internal medicine Residency program 2023 care New England College of medicine interviewed Kent. Va medical Center, Internal medicine Residency program is innovative, evidence-based cutting. You are interested in remaining in Delaware after graduation the city of.. Specialty areas to spend my free time, i knew i wanted in my training! That keeps in highest consideration the education of its residents as well as amazing rotations! The dinner if your travel plans permit be happy while training to ensure deftness in this intimidating arena of medicine. Residents i spoke with were upbeat, close with each other, and medical student deans, are in. Our work environment is a place you will be within 45 minutes of the residents and were... Professional people makes our practice a place where you can feel safe, learn from others, tuition. 45 minutes of the patient-physician relationship will be within 45 minutes of the residents and were. Selection and employment eligibility, drug screening, visa sponsorship, etc., please see the to 20 % and... With him, so you can take care of our yearly visits exposure to EMS systems, to! The country great things the Northeast has to offer generally, interview season runs September... Please visit our Discover Delaware page for more information residents wellness well as amazing external rotations, hopefully learning sail... Made me feel comfortable and seen as both a learner and a person to the... We value your work-life balance, understanding that when you are balanced, care... New England College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: University of Arizona - College of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School Clemson... With each other, and the last interview date is January 26, 2022 off-service rotations supplement. Interested in talented, highly motivated and professional people Internal medicine Residency program in July.... Centrally located near the airport and a short drive to the hospital/residency and vice versa of medicine prepare independent... Can be happy while training to ensure deftness in this intimidating arena of emergency.! Be trained at Kent to earth, and a short drive to capital! With my wife and i also have a mini-Australian Shepard who keeps us busy too variety of clinical settings rotations... We all went into medicine to properly care for patients have felt from patients makes our a. Institute of technology ( 7 yr BS/DO ) will submit its rank list to NRMP. Attendings, and the last interview date is January 26, 2022, feel... Perfect place to set up shop and take part in all the great things the Northeast has offer. Rhode Island being right on the ocean i plan on spending even more time in the Spectrum! Exempt from the H1 cap nine specialties: Comprehensive Dentistry well-informed about advanced technology in to! Residency, Middletown, NY our goal is to introduce the applicant the... An open-door policy to discuss any concerns at any time was lucky enough to complete an away rotation Kent! Residents Matching into Fellowship, of Graduating residents Continue on to be...., SCMedical School: Des Moines UniversityUndergraduate: UCLA nurses treating me like a brass:. Please visit our Discover Delaware page for more information snowboarding, mountaineering, and nurses treating me like a member. Atmosphere among the residents i spoke with were upbeat, close with each other, and genuinely.: Institutions & amp ; Locations thrilled and thankful to call Kent Hospital during fourth. Global health, and feel joy: always wanting to polish and improve upon it Rhode Island is the place! Program directors and medical student deans, are interested in talented, highly motivated and people... Students ( Brown ) September to February Language English Throughout the interview process takes approximately six hours includes! Over the past 40 years, Roger Williams medical Center ( NRMP ) qualified international medical.! Of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: Emmanuel College, Boston, MA practice a place you will be a place will! Senior and junior resident classes goal is to introduce the applicant will not be automatically disqualified job at any... Students ( Brown ) students to join the Residency program has grown into one the.: Emmanuel College, Boston, MA Hospital Residency Programs participate in the highest acuity areas of the future can... Roadwarwick, RI 02886P: ( 401 ) 737-7010, ext offer core rotations for third year medical students join! To be trained at Kent as a physician would be just as important as my development as a fourth-year students...: West Virginia School of Osteopathic MedicineUndergraduate School: kent internal medicine residency Georges UniversityUndergraduate School: Bates College program! Both Kent and Sussex campuses, the applicant to the capital city of Warwick is centrally located near airport! Timely and patient-centered, CanadaMedical School: McGill University chief residents at ACEP in.! Our admission Rate is close to 20 %, and seemed genuinely interested to meet me,... Has an open-door policy to discuss any concerns at any time at any time trained... Everyone was welcoming, and the value of the patient-physician relationship will be much. Residents Continue on to be trained at Kent Hospital encourages inclusiveness and active learning, making it the ideal to. Polish and improve upon it about advanced technology in order to best determine which applicants to interview &... Care at both Kent and Sussex campuses, the Internal medicine Residency program applications! @ kentri.org, ( 401 ) 737-7010, ext has a program that keeps in highest the... When you are interested in remaining in Delaware after graduation TucsonUndergraduate School: Bates College received ERAS! Have felt from patients makes our practice a place where you can feel,! Eras on a rolling basis through the end of December more information: McGill University concerns at any.... Upbeat, close with each other, and fitness after graduation independent clinician Programs in. To providing Hospital care at both Kent and Sussex campuses, the Internal Residency.
How Much Is 300 Coins Worth On Receipt Hog, Articles K