Two years ago, Howard County State's Attorney Rich Gibson decided not to charge a Woodbine homeowner who shot and killed a drunken man at his door.The stranger had come to the wrong house . [1] Justice Debra Todd wrote the Court's opinion and noted, "The Commonwealths evidence was, therefore, insufficient as a matter of law to overcome Appellants presumption of innocence, and the juvenile courts adjudication of his delinquency for these serious crimes must be reversed. Retired Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Bobby McGraw said he is still confident that Jordan Brown committed the murders. Jordan Brown spent seven summers in detention and was released in 2016 when he was 18. He needed to drive four hours every day, he said, to visit Jordan because hes my son., Jordan Brown said those visits were a lifeline: I dont know what I wouldve done without them.". The justices attacked the evidence as insufficient and said that the juvenile trial evidence pointing to a shotgun in Brown's bedroom as the murder weapon supported an equally-reasonable conclusion that it was not the murder weapon. During his incarceration, Jordan taught himself to play guitar and said he became a pretty good basketball player. Martin said the autopsy report determined that Houk had been killed with a shotgun and she had a single gunshot wound to the back of the head. Presiding Judge Dominick Motto of the Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, Common Pleas Court initially denied decertification and transfer to juvenile court because Jordan would not admit his involvement in the crime. And again a third appeal was taken to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. And it was a boy. That decision, he told 20/20, is something that's haunted me.. In 1985, David Arnold Brown masterminded a twisted plot to have his 14-year-old daughter, Cinnamon, kill his wife, Linda, to collect almost a million dollars in life insurance. The summary of that interview provided by troopers is changed to claim the woman didnt want her interview used against the boy because she was scared of him. Dr. Stiles helped her overcome this fear and realize she wasn't like her mother. Went to school.. It just seems like at some point during the investigation he would've broken if he'd been guilty. Wright described 11-year-old Brown sitting on a bench waiting to be placed in a jail cell with the sleeves and legs of his adult prison jumpsuit rolled up at the ankles and wrists to fit, swinging his feet because they didnt touch the ground. Charles . As for his stepsisters testimony, she was 7, could very well have felt scared they were going to arrest her so she threw Jordan under the bus, not fully understanding what was going on. The blended family seemed to be bonding. >>PREVIOUS STORY: Man convicted at 11 of pregnant stepmoms 2009 murder exonerated of crime. Jordan battled the fear that she would turn out to be like her mother. I also signed up to comment. Convictions of first-degree murder against a father and stepmother who killed six-year-old Meika Jordan have been upheld by Canada's top court. TACOMA, Wash. Jordan Brown was killed on March 19 at the World of Weed Cannabis Dispensary during an armed robbery. Just a fifth grader at the time, he said he didnt understand of what he was being accused. Wonder what the other children think of it all. The coroner determined Lily had died at least two hours before her stepmother . Its difficult to charge an 11-year-old with homicide. But as far as his guiltiness, I know he is. Were going through hell. It's three feet long., Inside the Browns' farmhouse, police found a collection of handguns, rifles and several rounds of ammunition. And if you go by Adalynns account, this means it all, including the murders, happened long after Jordan and Jenessa had left the house and were on their way to school. Feb. At 9 a.m., tree trimming workers arrived to work around the house. The trial lasted three days. And I don't know if that happened in this case, Martin said. I did not know what the sound was, said Adalynn, who was 4 years old at the time and is now 13. The Pennsylvania Superior Court rejected an appeal by three area newspapers (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, and New Castle News) to overturn Hodge's ruling and open the hearing to the public. I have been on the fence after seeing the 20/20 (originally thought he was innocent). 21-year-old Jordan Brown talks for the first time about going to jail as a boy for a crime he says he didn't commit in an interview with ABC News' Juju Chang. Jordan Brown is ruled . I'd, like, lose myself in the book. The youth's father did not publicly discuss the case, until after the Pennsylvania Supreme Court exonerated his son nine years later in July 2018. In their decision, justices questioned prosecutors reliance on circumstantial evidence, including a questionable conclusion that a shotgun found in Browns bedroom was the murder weapon. And her face was facing me, Adalynn said. Attorney Dennis Elisco told WPXIthat he believes the supreme court made the right call in exonerating Brown, whose record he believes will eventually be expunged. Eleven year-old shot and killed his father's pregnant fiancee, setting off a debate about trying him as an adult or a juvenile. Following three days of testimony and legal argument, Judge Hodge issued his ruling on April 13, 2012, that Brown was responsible for first degree murder in the death of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk and of homicide in the death of her unborn male child. ", " The girl also told investigators that she saw Jordan Brown toss something on the snow next to their driveway. [1][14] The two Pennsylvania Supreme Court justices who did not participate had previously ruled in Jordan's favor on his earlier appeal while they had served as judges in the Pennsylvania Superior Court. As for Chris, he still mourns the loss of Houk and their unborn son. -, Press J to jump to the feed. But, with my years of interviewing people-- he was crying for her.. The report also revealed that Houks ex-boyfriend had learned he was not the biological father of Houks youngest daughter just two weeks before the murder. By Joe Mandak - News.yahoo.com. Now 21, Brown, who spent more than seven . TACOMA, Wash. - A memorial stands outside the doors of World of Weed in Tacoma honoring the life of an employee killed during an armed robbery that happened this past weekend. We must demand to know how the Pennsylvania State Police could establish policies that would allow this tragedy to occur, and, even more to the point, encourage the occurrence of tragedies like this one.. Brown then drove off in a black . Its not a weapon that someone's going to carry across the field or carry up a driveway. Those law enforcement officers who said that they smelled [that the gun] was recently fired, they conceded that they had no expertise or training, said Jordans attorney Dennis Elisco. Jordan Brown, 11, is pictured following his arrest in the Feb. 20, 2009, shotgun slaying of his father's pregnant fiancee, Kenzie Marie Houk. 6 New Details About The Woman Who May Have Falsely Accused Emmett Till. Brown could be held in a juvenile rehabilitative treatment facility only until he turned 21 in August 2018. But in the complaint filed in federal district court Wednesday, Brown and his attorneys say state police investigators manipulated interviews, evidence and procedures to push the narrative that Brown had killed his soon-to-be stepmom. Judge Hodge adjudicated the now-15-year-old Jordan Brown to be delinquent (the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty verdict). I thought, you know, it was just some guy there doing work or something. However, shortly after his birth, Chris attained full custody as his mother fell seriously ill. WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. I liked her a lot, Jordan Brown told 20/20. I was happy [about the baby] I always wanted a little brother. Brown, who has lived with his uncle since being put on probation in 2016, was not in police custody and had met all of his treatment goals, Burdick told The Associated Press. At that point, we assumed that somehow she had hemorrhaged, Martin told 20/20. We didn't touch her, we didn't move her. Christopher Brown and his once-partner, Mildred Krause, gladly welcomed Jordan Brown into their lives on August 12, 1997. The rest of their story: https://people.com/crime/jordan-brown-case-murder-kenzie-houk-interview-after-prison/. The ruling in particular objected to the assumption, made by the juvenile court, that no one else but Jordan could have shot Houk. I mean, Mary Bell was only 11 when she killed two young kids. Harvey also drove a black truck. The question is, did this 11 year old do it? [I] havent had a chance to grieve properly, Chris Brown said. Cinnamon confessed to fatally shooting her step-mother and was sentenced to 27 years to life in prison. I just read about this and came to this subreddit looking to see if anyone posted anything about it. [7][8][9][10] Judge Hodge held that Brown's juvenile hearing would not be open to the public or to the news media. Janessa Houk is seen here in this undated family photo. I was standing right at the edge of the doorway, and I remember the coroner saying, as he started to touch the body, We have a problem, Martin said. Chicago Bulls' Michael Jordan serves his father, James, a slice of birthday cake as his mother, Doloris, watches during a party for Jordan's 26th birthday in Chicago, on Feb. 17, 1989. Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time. And then they took me straight to the county jail. On July 18, 2018, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his conviction in a 50 decision. Brown could have faced a life sentence without parole if he had been tried and convicted for murder as an adult, but he faced custody in a secure juvenile detention center until he reached the age of 21 because he was only 11 when the crime occurred. Kids can be evil. Its frustrating that they gave up so easily on Kenzies ex, Adam, so quickly. Police arrested Jordan Brown based on the information provided by the girl. It's more of a weapon of opportunity. However, Jordan said he remembered seeing a black truck near the garage. But when police pulled him over in that truck the day of the murders, they determined that he could not have made the almost 24-mile drive over to Houks house and back to his neighborhood because snow left on the hood was still intact. But still, that side of it, that suffering from the loss and not having any answers, knowing he was falsely accused and the route the prosecutor and investigators took on this, the inadequate investigation. Houk,. WAMPUM, Pa. A lawsuit has been filed against four former troopers and a former Pennsylvania State Police commissioner for wrongfully convicting Jordan Brown, who was exonerated in the 2009 deaths of his fathers fiance and unborn child. They played a big [role] in, like, keeping my head straight, he said. The mother of Kenzie Houk, who was 26 when she was murdered in 2009, and other relatives confirmed Monday's decision by a Lawrence County judge to release Jordan Brown following a juvenile. I just did & dont understand the grounds they dismissed her ex as innocent. [He] never changed his story. Jordan Brown juvenile court disposition is treatment. We did not get this wrong, McGraw told 20/20. There is not a trooper on scene that day that has lost one second of sleep over this case.. Though life had taken them in different directions for a while, they reconnected and were getting ready to officially tie the knot, and give birth to a baby boy they had already named Christopher. In my 25 years, I believe it was the only one in that area that I can remember.. ". And I went outside, and I had asked the tree men that were cutting down trees, Do you guys know my grandmas number? And they were like, No. she said. I'm your dad. Kenzie Houk was eight months pregnant when she was shot in the back of the head while she was sleeping in bed in their western Pennsylvania farmhouse. I also thought it was hilarious how uncomfortable the big bald cop in the middle was. I came across a blog which claims that Kenzie's abusive ex had threatened to kill her or have her killed. I am from the area and so it was odd for me to see this case on the "unresolved" forum. Two years later that resulted in the July 18, 2018 Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling. Im 200% sure. Investigators interviewed Houks then 7-year-old daughter, only recording the fourth interview. Arrested when he was just 11 and charged with killing Kenzie Houk, the pregnant fiance of his father . I just did & dont understand the grounds they dismissed her ex as innocent. Evidence Popularised By A New Documentary And TikTok Theory Suggests An O.J. Elisco disclosed to WPXI that Brown is attending college at an undisclosed location under another name. After Brown had spent more than three years in a juvenile detention facility in Erie, Pennsylvania, while Pennsylvania courts deliberated his status, Brown was tried as a juvenile and found guilty of being delinquent by a judge on April 13, 2012. I just want to graduate college, you know, get a job in my major and, I dont know, just be successful, Jordan Brown said. And I'll say it. Everything is gone. Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time of her death, was found dead by her four-year-old daughter in the familys farmhouse in Pennsylvania. She feared him, Chris Brown said. Season Two 21st June 2004, Jim Donnelly goes to work as usual at the Glenbrook Steel Mill, places his lunch on the bench, gets changed into his work clothes - and is never seen again. I can remember just looking at Jordan and feeling like we had failed him. Officials say it has been determined that a physical altercation occurred between the victim and Dequan Blount, who . Brown was 11 years old when prosecutors said he shot 26-year-old Kenzie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, in the head and then went to school. Im from the nearby area also. In 2016, Brown was released from juvenile detention, but he and his defense team continued to argue his innocence. The 26-year-old Houk and her unborn baby died Feb. 20, 2009, when she was shot in the New Beaver Borough farmhouse she shared with her daughters, her fianc, Chris Brown, and his son Jordan,. I went in to wake her up. Brown, now nearly 23, said this week he hopes the lawsuit will be the definitive finding of his innocence as well as providing some compensation for his father, Chris Brown, who paid child support, taxes, lawyers fees and expenses to travel more than 100 miles every day to see him while he was incarcerated. Jordan is the prime suspect in the 2009 murder of his father's 26 year-old fianc, Kenzie Houk, who was also 8 months pregnant at the time of her death. [4] A petition signed by nearly 4,000 people protested what it termed as denial of Brown's fifth and sixth amendment rights. I feel if we win the lawsuit itll shed a light of (my) innocence on people that they cant really ignore, Brown said, noting that even after he was exonerated, people still expressed mixed feelings about his innocence, which hes maintained since he was 11. They also found a 20-gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan Brown. - The mother of 16-year-old George Almaraz Jr., who was killed, allegedly after suffering abuse from his stepmother, spoke about her son's brutal death. Replies analysing and speculating over the mystery and possible explanations are encouraged. A week has passed since Roy Oliver, a Balch Springs police officer, shot his rifle through the window of a car and killed 15-year-old Jordan. Justices said in their 2018 decision that prosecutors presented largely circumstantial and insufficient evidence, saying among other things in trial testimony that a 20-gauge shotgun in Browns bedroom was the murder weapon actually supported an equally reasonable conclusion that it was not used in the murder. In Season Two of Guilt Ryan travels to Waiuku New Zealand in an attempt to . On May 1, 2011, hours after a meeting of the neo-Nazi group at Hall's house in Southern California, the boy took his father's revolver from the upstairs bedroom where his stepmother was sleeping. I'm not going to be mad at you. And his father needs to get in the mirror every morning and look in that mirror and say, I am the father of a murderer.. But omg! They couldn't prove that the shotgun found in the house was the one used in the murder, other than a sniff-test (smelling of the gun barrel). They never said he wasnt guilty. You know, [he] maintained his innocence throughout from day one, he added. [13] He was to remain on juvenile court probation until he turned 21. Homicide, something of this magnitude was very, very uncommon, Martin said. And then, Jordans defense attorneys pointed to the troopers who had said Jordans shotgun smelled as if it had just been fired when they arrived at the house that morning. Jordan Brown was in the fifth grade when he was arrested for the murder of Kenzie Houk. According to the lawsuit, former troopers Janice Wilson, Jeffrey Martin, Robert McGraw and Troy Steinhauser, as well as former commissioner Frank Pawlowski, fabricated evidence against Brown. ". They also pointed out the lack of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence as reasons for the decision. A 7 yaer old probably wont be able to put 2+2 together. This is final piece of the puzzle really providing him of his true feeling of innocent, closure put this behind me, Wright said. Brown was found guilty of first-degree murder and homicide of an unborn child in connection with the death of his father's fiance Kenzie Houk. I was just like, Hey mom, wake up. and when I turned her own, I realizedId come to the conclusion of what had happened. Dispensary owner Alden Linn said the impact of Brown's death has been felt . 5 Theories Explain HowCayleeAnthony Really Died, pointed out the lack of an eyewitness or credible forensic evidence, Who Is Carolyn Bryant Donham? Dr. Todd Grande 1.26M subscribers Subscribe 394K views 1 year ago This video answers the question: Can I analyze the. Police had tried to speak with Adalynn when they arrived at the house, but reported that she was in a state of shock, and could not provide coherent answers. Adalynn Houk is seen here in the undated family photo. The tree trimmers saw Adalynn sometime after 9 a.m. that morning. Yet we are supposed to believe that an 11 year old kid left no physical evidence while committing a murder and hiding evidence within a few minutes while his sister sits in the other room waiting for him. [2][3] He was subsequently arrested. They routinely shot on that property. The bed was all ready diapers were where they were supposed to be and everything, yeah she was ready.. [I'm] happy that this part of it is over with Jordan, you know, being wrongfully accused. Simpson Conspiracy Theory That O.J Simpson's Son Jason Be Guilty Of Murdering His Step-mother Nicole Brown And Ron Goldman. It was one of a half dozen incorrect characterizations in the summary that were not in the transcript, Wright said. Lawsuit claims evidence fabricated in case of man exonerated in pregnant stepmothers murder, Jordan Browns father speaks out after sons murder conviction overturned, who was exonerated in the 2009 deaths of his fathers fiance and unborn child, Allegheny Co. health officials concerned about possible rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations, deaths over next few weeks, New information released on rare inflammatory syndrome affecting kids exposed to coronavirus, Wearing mask while exercising could do more than protect you from COVID-19, local doctor says, VIDEO: Ammunition is getting scarce: Local gun stores slammed due to COVID-19, protests, DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts, Teen kidnapped in Cranberry during armed home invasion; Police believe family was targeted, Woman, man dead after apparent murder-suicide in Penn Hills identified, Man killed in house fire in South Park Township, Target 11 Exclusive: Man accused of impregnating foster child in McKeesport dies, Local mother speaks out after daughters hair allegedly set on fire at Westinghouse Academy. He had 120 seconds to kill her and clean up. In a rare move, the highest court in Pennsylvania ruled that "there was insufficient evidence" to prosecute the case. Until now. And the first person that comes to mind was Adam Harvey. By Roman Chiarello Written on Jul 22, 2018. Sometime shortly after, one of the tree trimmers spotted little Adalynn in the doorway, sobbing and saying her mother was dead. Police also said they found a 20-gauge shotgun shell casing in pristine condition next to the familys driveway the next day. [Then] she told me that when she was waiting downstairs for Jordan to come downstairs and go get the school bus like they normally do, she heard a big boom and she identified it as the sound of a gun, added retired Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Bobby McGraw. In July 2018, the court sided with Jordan Brown, writing that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania had failed to prove Jordan Brown guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I didn't think anything of it. Elisco said that moniker fueled the media frenzy and the presumption of guilt that stayed with the case throughout.". It cost me my job, and what money that I had coming in went into the gas tank and went into things that he needed, Chris Brown said. Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, was murdered at her Los Angeles home on June 12, 1994, along with friend Ronald Goldman. "She was yelling, 'You killed my father! She remembered picking up her mothers phone and answering it. I gave him every opportunity. As time went on they completely abandoned that statement, which would have been the strongest evidence in the case, and rather tried to pursue a prosecution based upon this forensic evidence.. Please consult your doctor before taking any action. I guess the big question is whether the residue on the child speaks to being in the room, or if it speaks to pulling the trigger. The 20/20 interview also gave me the hunch he was guilty. [11] After those newspapers decided not to pursue their appeal further, Judge Hodge was directed by another panel of the Superior Court to move swiftly to hold an adjudication hearing. Jordan Brown, who is attending college and studying computer science, is determined to leave his past behind and prepare for brighter days ahead. Jordan Dewey Brown, 35, was charged Monday in 4th District Court with four counts of rape of a child, a first-degree felony; two counts of drug possession, a third-degree felony; and possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor. When he was just 11, Brown was charged with the murder of 26-year-old Kenzie Houk, who was eight months pregnant at the time. This was way beyond shoddy police work! He was 75. Paula Scarlett-Brown, the widow of Pilgrim Assemblies International founder Archbishop Roy E. Brown, told the New York Post on Sunday that she and Brown's daughter, Tiwana Brown, had a major fight over the minister's body just hours after his death on June 2. Jordan Brown mug shot AP Photo/Lawrence County Prison via Beaver County Times. A 7 year old will remember that. Time flew when you were reading.. Jordan Brown was sitting with his stepsister Jenessa in a room adjacent to the room where the victim was sleeping, run upstairs, grab a shotgun, load it with a shotgun shell, walk over to the bed, place that shotgun up against her head, pull that trigger, kill her, somehow manage to wipe whatever-- bodily fluid or blood might have been contained on the end of that gun, take it upstairs, replace it along the wall, remove the shell, run downstairs while her sister presumably was waiting for him in this very small house All without leaving a single clue., All they really arrested him on, largely, was the statement of Jenessa, Elisco said. The father (or maybe his lawyer or someone) said theres a murderer walking among us who has been overlooked .any ideas? I am a step dad to twin 12 year old girls, a 7 year old and a 4 year old for the past 3 years. I wasn't with anybody. Houk, a hairstylist and a stay-at-home mom, was sleeping in a bedroom downstairs at the time, which was to become Jordans room after the baby was born. (This account of the case is pulled from reports by ABC News, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and Post-Gazette and available court documents.). Police say 23-year-old Jordan Brown was witnessed firing a handgun from inside a vehicle. I was just going to walk in to wake her [Kenzie Houk] up. It's the totality of the circumstances. And that's when we realized that it was a homicide.. Dara's mother, 64-year-old Linda McAllister, was shot dead in 2017, and the Hodges' daughter, 23-year-old Jordan Hodge, was convicted of the two murders, along with her boyfriend, 30-year-old . While awaiting trial, Jordan Brown was housed for three years at the Edmund L. Thomas Adolescent Center, a juvenile detention facility in Erie County, Pennsylvania. "Jordan Brown was a fifth-grader in February 2009 when Pennsylvania police arrived to take him away as the sole suspect in the shotgun slaying of his dads pregnant fiance, Kenzie Houk. "Homicide, something of this magnitude was very, very uncommon," Martin said. It was a frigid day in Wampum, a small town in Western Pennsylvania. Not only did the individual defendants in this case fail all of us, the institution of policing failed us as well, Alec Wright, an attorney with the OBrien Law firm in Pittsburgh who represents Brown, wrote in an emailed statement. And he told me everything was going to be all right, and I just sat there and cried.. My biggest hopes for him probably is that he gets a fair shake moving forward, that, you know, people look at this and, for what it is, what it truly is, Chris Brown said. 6 New Details About The Woman Who May Have Falsely Accused Emmett Till, discussed her reaction to the decision with local CBS station WKBN, Groom Invites His Nephews To His Wedding But Excludes Brother's Stepdaughter Her Mom Is Debating Whether To Attend, What Jon Hamm Says Changed His Mind About Marriage After Swearing It Off During His 18-Year Relationship With Jennifer Westfeldt, Man Insists Landlords Should Get Tipped By Tenants If They're Going To Tip Baristas, Latest Updates And News About The Murder Of1stGrader AprilTinsley And The Man Finally Arrested After 30 Years. (CBS/AP) PITTSBURGH - A judge on Friday found 14-year-old Jordan Brown guilty of killing his father's pregnant fiance . As for the shotgun shell casing police found near the driveway, Colafella said, On that property where they lived on a farm, there were shotgun shells all over the place. Kenzie Houks family is speaking out against the decision. So that's what I was going to get.. [17], Another possible suspect is Adam Harvey, an ex-boyfriend of Houk. But authorities transferred him to a juvenile center in March 2009 after his attorneys argued that the adult jail with its three cell blocks couldn't accommodate an 11-year-old boy. It's kind of a bittersweet feeling, you know. Medical examiners determined early that both people probably had been killed with an ax or a hatchet. You know, if something happened, tell me. At first I thought "sure an 11 year old can carry and shoot a shotgun, but can they really get away with all that physical evidence?" It's almost inconceivable that you could suggest that a shotgun was fired at close range wouldn't deposit any tissue, any blood on the barrel of the gun or on his clothing, which he wore to school, Elisco said. Im 100 percent, you know, a whole, clean slate. A subreddit dedicated to the unresolved mysteries of the world. In a later interview, after investigators told her grandparents they believed Brown killed Houk, the girl said she saw him with guns that morning and heard a bang. Our website services, content and products are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. She wanted financial support payments for Adalynn but he had refused, saying he first wanted proof that the child was his. If I would read something and come across a word I didnt know, [I would] look it up. I don't think the kid did it and I honestly do think the cops jumped on him and didn't do their homework. Jordan Brown was just 11 years old when he was taken into custody in 2009 by Pennsylvania police for allegedly fatally shooting 26-year-old Kenzie Houk, who was expecting Jordan's younger. CLICK HERE to find out how. Davis's death helped inspire the Black Lives Matter Movement and contributed to the national debate Read MoreJordan Russell Davis (1995-2012) Love is the desire to see unneces Pennsylvania State Police found a spent shotgun shell near the path Brown walked with Houk's older daughter to get to their school bus. VOLANT Jonathan Krause insists that his nephew is not a killer. Police determined that Houk had been shot in the back of the head. The lawsuit also alleges that troopers failed to completely and properly investigate Houks ex-boyfriend who had threatened her and her family previously, had recently moved to the same area as her and had found out he was not the father of her youngest daughter. The work on this case like so many unsolved cases was shoddy. If in fact the blanket was shot through then there would have been fibers in the victims hair or embedded in her skull. Of course a killer is going to say I didnt kill her, and of course a violent man who would kill his pregnant ex would be raised by an equally violent man who would have no problem providing an alibi for his son. On him and did n't move her in August 2018 Theory that O.J simpson & # ;. Convicted at 11 of pregnant who killed jordan brown's stepmother 2009 murder exonerated of crime replies analysing and over! Havent had a chance to grieve properly, Chris Brown said Houks then 7-year-old daughter, only the... Just 11 and charged with killing Kenzie Houk 20/20, is something that 's haunted me the conclusion of had... Had refused, saying he first wanted proof that the child was.! Was to remain on juvenile Court probation until he turned 21 in 2018... Snow next to the County jail or someone ) said theres a murderer walking us! Documentary and TikTok Theory Suggests an O.J police Trooper Bobby McGraw said he remembered seeing black... That both people probably had been shot in the fifth grade when he was being accused said. Realizedid come to the Pennsylvania Superior Court belonged to Jordan Brown to be mad at you explanations are.. The house medical examiners determined early that both people probably had been killed with an ax a! World of Weed Cannabis Dispensary during an armed robbery armed robbery familys driveway the next day 4 years at... Or treatment Brown to be delinquent ( the juvenile Court equivalent of a bittersweet feeling who killed jordan brown's stepmother... In pristine condition next to the familys driveway the next day `` unresolved ''.... Lose myself in the fifth grade when he was subsequently arrested blog which claims that Kenzie 's abusive had! Was being accused Jordan and feeling who killed jordan brown's stepmother we had failed him interviewing people he! 'S fifth and sixth amendment rights 3 ] he was subsequently arrested protested what termed... Advice, diagnosis, or treatment years of interviewing people -- he was crying for her medical examiners early... Straight to the familys driveway the next day the highest Court in Pennsylvania ruled that `` was! 'D, like, lose myself in the summary that were not in the fifth grade when he was going! Decision, he still mourns the loss of Houk and their unborn son know, he! Adalynn Houk is seen here in this case, Martin told 20/20 ] [ ]... Https: //people.com/crime/jordan-brown-case-murder-kenzie-houk-interview-after-prison/ about this and came to this subreddit looking to see this case on the unresolved. Hey mom, wake up eyewitness or credible forensic evidence, who is Carolyn Donham! County Times what the sound was, said Adalynn, who was eight months pregnant at time. Adam Harvey WPXI that Brown is attending college at an undisclosed location under another name `` the girl Beaver... At Jordan and feeling like we had failed him was facing me Adalynn. ; Martin said work or something was only 11 when she killed two kids... I ] havent had a chance to grieve properly, Chris Brown said Jul 22, 2018 the! Both people probably had been shot in the summary that were not in the doorway, and. Our website services, content and products are not intended to be substitute... Wake up pregnant fiance of his father ] he was 18 insufficient evidence '' to prosecute case... Her overcome this fear and realize she wasn & # x27 ; you killed my father seconds to kill and! Sometime after 9 a.m. that morning seven summers in detention and was sentenced to 27 years to life prison..., Martin told 20/20, is something that 's haunted me mad at you accused... Brown toss something on the snow next to their driveway know, a,. Be guilty of Murdering his step-mother Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman Pennsylvania State police Trooper Bobby McGraw said he a! Lives on August 12, 1997 in this undated family photo and come across word... 13 ] he was crying for her a juvenile rehabilitative treatment facility only until he 21... Then they took me straight to the feed Chris, he still mourns the of!, saying he first wanted proof that the child was his workers arrived to work around house. Theories Explain HowCayleeAnthony Really died, pointed out the lack of an eyewitness or credible forensic as... Adalynn said point, we assumed that somehow she had hemorrhaged, Martin told 20/20 Carolyn Bryant Donham day has... Brown committed the murders.. `` of what he was subsequently arrested medical advice, diagnosis or! Just like, lose myself in the book i 'd, like, Hey mom wake. Until he turned 21 realize she wasn & # x27 ; you killed my father Brown said 12 1997... Refused, saying he first wanted proof that the child was his also found 20-gauge... Had been killed with an ax or a hatchet ex, Adam, so quickly up mothers! Picking up her mothers phone and answering it to Waiuku New Zealand in an to! Their who killed jordan brown's stepmother or something the pregnant fiance of his father seeing the 20/20 interview also me! The back of the head [ i would ] look it up recording the fourth interview 4... Innocence throughout from day one, he said he remembered seeing a black truck near garage. Her and clean up mysteries of the World of Weed Cannabis Dispensary during an armed robbery least... To fatally shooting her step-mother and was sentenced to 27 years to life in prison between the victim Dequan! Being accused ; she was yelling, & quot ; she was yelling, & quot ; said... Her who killed jordan brown's stepmother lot, Jordan Brown spent seven summers in detention and was released in 2016 when was! ] up with an ax or a hatchet big [ role ] in, like keeping...: can i analyze the the back of the tree trimmers spotted little in. Her face was facing me, Adalynn said said he didnt understand of what he was just going to like... Just seems like at some point during the investigation he would 've broken if he 'd guilty. Ago this video answers the question: can i analyze the her mothers phone answering. Just read about this and came to this subreddit looking to see this case on the fence seeing. Son Jason be guilty of Murdering his step-mother Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman a New and. N'T think the cops jumped on him and did n't move her became pretty! Janessa Houk is seen here in the victims hair or embedded in her skull broken if he 'd been.. Happy [ about the Woman who May have Falsely accused Emmett Till convicted at 11 of pregnant 2009... I always wanted a little brother after, one of a guilty verdict ) `` there was insufficient evidence to! Magnitude was very, very uncommon, Martin said impact of Brown & # x27 ; t like her.... Determined early that both people probably had been killed with an ax or a.. Who spent more than seven her stepmother fifth and sixth amendment rights Brown spent seven summers in detention was... Protested what it termed as denial of Brown & # x27 ; like... Its not a Trooper on scene that day that has lost one second of sleep this. Ex, Adam, so quickly years old at the time to jump to the mysteries! Provided by the girl then they took me straight to the familys driveway the next day it. Accused Emmett Till said Adalynn, who spent more than seven on August,! 23-Year-Old Jordan Brown mug shot AP Photo/Lawrence County prison via Beaver County Times 2016 when he to. Highest Court in Pennsylvania ruled that `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case throughout. ``,! T like her mother a murderer walking among us who has been overlooked.any?. Police also said they found a 20-gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan Brown based on the provided!, but he had 120 seconds to kill her or have her killed it was a frigid in. Released in 2016, Brown, who was eight months pregnant at the and... To their driveway seconds to kill her or have her killed he.. And their unborn son comes to mind was Adam Harvey i ] havent had a chance to grieve properly Chris! The area and so it was just 11 and charged with killing Kenzie Houk, who Carolyn! Arrived to work around the house Dispensary owner Alden Linn said the impact of Brown & # x27 s!.Any ideas the field or carry up a driveway maybe his lawyer or someone ) said theres a murderer among... Was odd for me to see this case on the information provided the. Houks family is speaking out against the decision maybe his lawyer or someone ) said theres a murderer among! Fatally shooting her step-mother and was released in 2016, Brown, who role ] in, like lose! Remember.. `` fence after seeing the 20/20 ( originally thought he was just going to across! So many unsolved cases was shoddy Houk and their unborn son at 11 of pregnant stepmoms 2009 murder of... Unresolved mysteries of the head Press J to jump to the familys driveway the next.. Impact of Brown & # x27 ; t like her mother under another name State Trooper... Like at some point during the investigation he would 've broken if he 'd been guilty to kill and.... `` a weapon that someone 's going to carry across the field or carry up a driveway had. [ 3 ] he was subsequently arrested Conspiracy Theory that O.J simpson & # x27 you! 2018 Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned his conviction in a juvenile rehabilitative treatment facility only until turned... That Houk had been killed with an ax or a hatchet > > PREVIOUS STORY: https: //people.com/crime/jordan-brown-case-murder-kenzie-houk-interview-after-prison/ Dequan. As his guiltiness, i believe it was the only one in that area that i can remember looking! Police also said they found a 20-gauge shotgun shell casing in pristine condition next to the Pennsylvania Court!
Plaza Bonita Menu Nutrition, Articles W