[Late in the match] when I looked at the clock with one second left I just felt joy. The two could collide again this weekend at this year's state championships. Continuity for Perez has certainly helped as her head coach at Treasure Coast is with her at Central with Roger Allcroft joining the staff and Allcroft is working with a former wrestler he coached at Port St. Lucie in Pat Seidel. No one who faced her at state survived the first round. High School . He didnt want to get pinned in front of everyone. Once again, USA Wrestling will publish regular update on the 2022-23 state high school champions for both boys and girls. This is Mr Hazard's 5th State Championship as the head coach So, I knew if I stayed in his face and made him continuously wrestle me, eventually I was going to break him, and those easier takedowns would come.. Contents of this site are Copyright 2023 Ellington. Thank you! The Allen sophomore swept through the championship bracket with four straight pins, including a win by fall over League City Clear Falls Camryn Tressler only 50 seconds into their 6A 165-pound matchup. In Region 7, District 25 had 22 state qualifiers with District 27 next with 16, District 28 with 10 and District 26 with eight. OSSAA The sign-up can be found at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080848afaa22a4f49-wrestling2. Gallagher. Five local wrestlers won individual state titles. Its the biggest week of the year for high school wrestling fans. I wasnt going to let her up. Robinson uses its crazy depth to win Virginia Class 6 wrestling championship, Virginias Darling throws my kind of dinner party in Alexandria. Please disable your ad blocker to view the video content. Any unverified or unexcused absences and tardies will be sent to Coach Hazard and Coach Foster, and you will not be allowed to practice or compete that day if you miss school. Oklahoma City, OK 73113, 2023 TEAM STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT INFORMATION, 2023 REGIONAL WRESTLING TOURNAMENT INFORMATION, 2023 DUAL STATE WRESTLING TOURNAMENT INFORMATION, Girls Wrestling Presentation at OCA Coaches Clinic, 2022-23 IMPORTANT WEIGHT AND SKIN INFORMATION, 2022-23 WRESTLING INFORMATION FROM THE OSSAA, 2022-23 OSSAA STATE REQUIRED RULES MEETINGS, 2022-23 Wrestling Officials Meeting Schedule, Instructions For Coaches to File Report on Game Officials, Concussion Facts for Parents and Caregivers, NFHS SMAC Suggested Guidelines for Management of Concussions in Sports, Brain and Spinal Injuries in Athletic Activities, 2021-22 Advisory Board Minutes (Items #1, #2, #3 and #4 were approved at the April 20th OSSAA Board Meeting), Email list of participants and mailing address to: igraham@ossaa.com. They finished with 239 points nearly 100 more than second-place Arlington Martin (144). So, I was trying to set the bar higher each year, up and up and up, because I just signed Division I (with Tennessee-Chattanooga) and all those guys are really good, so I wanted to make a statement that I belong with those guys. *Oklahoma State. Vero Beach boys: David Benjamin, junior 160 pounds, 32-5; Cooper Patton, senior 170 pounds, 39-1; John Roberts, senior 195 pounds, 28-0; JaQuone Jean, senior 220 pounds, 25-6. Mason's Logan Messer (174) will Web1973 Randy Robinson, South Eugene 1974 Dick Knorr, Redmond 1975 Steve Singler, Medford 1976 Chris Clouser, Lake Oswego 1977 Gary Regier, Forest Grove 1978 Dave I trained hard every single day to earn my state championship. If the Falcons can get great performances from their veterans and have a couple of others surge in their weight classes, it will be a furious fight to the top of the podium as First Baptist from Naples, Somerset Academy and Mater Lakes Academy, the two teams that topped Jensen Beach at regionals, all want to knock the defending champions from their perch. An ad blocker has likely prevented this video content from loading. 20. We've had lots of compliments about our officials and also all the folks in concessions! He joins Sebolt as the second Centerville wrestler to win four. Web2006 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKETS STATE RECORDS BOYS EVENTS OVERALL (1950-2022) SOCCER PAST CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS BOYS EVENTS OVERALL RESULTS (1981-2022) GIRLS EVENTS OVERALL RESULTS (1981-2022) PAST CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKETS BOYS EVENTS 2022 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Its the biggest week of the year for high school wrestling fans. It was amazing that coach Epperly gave us the trophy, said Hazard, a 1991 Robinson graduate who was a part of the Rams region title winning team that same year. I pinned him every other time, within the first period or two. South Jersey wrestlers with single-digit seeds or better. The two-day tournament begins on Friday, with opening ceremonies set for 9:30 a.m. Im just glad I was able to fight it out and win, said Smith. In the D-I finals, Pass rolled, 16-0, via tech fall. Lake Highlands Fernanda Lopez is a first-time state champion. Smith made it to the finals with wins over Brian Lee of Norview (Chesapeake) by pin; Connor Mairena of Colonia Forge (Stafford), 1-0; and Austin Hurst of Great Bridge (Chesapeake), 5-0. Later that weekend, she won the award for most outstanding wrestler. His path to a state title is brutally tough with South Dade's Ansel Cervantes, last year's state champion in his side of the bracket for a possible state semifinal. This just makes me want to drive harder to be a four-timer, Robinson said. In 5A, boys state champs included Burleson Centennials Xavier Rodela (113), Midlothians Eli Biermann (132), Lancasters Jaden Machado (138), Melissas Angelo Ferrari (175) who won Outstanding Wrestler for 5A boys Midlothians Karson Tompkins (190), and Lucas Lovejoys Sam Reynolds (285); and girls state champs included Grapevines Ivory Truitt (107) and Frisco Memorials Caitlyn Flaherty (165). Good Evening Robinson Wrestling family, We had 5 champions with Alex Delacruz (106), Alex Shapiro (113), Justice Hazard The championship shows how hard weve worked. State Title Picks: Norman in AA; Thomas Magness, senior, Harpeth (3rd at 152 in 2022, 5th at 145 in 2021). I went in shock [after he tied it] because I thought Id had the match won. The Tarpons, who captured the state title in 2021, will be going for another when they send an area-high 10 wrestlers to the FHSAA State Championships on Thursday to Saturday at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee. Darkhorses to watch include: Port St. Lucie senior Jabarie Yearby at 285 pounds in 2A was upset in the second round at regionals but rallied to take third and that could be the wake-up call he needs as his weight class is wide open for the taking. Late in the second period, Stageberg, trailing 4-3, scored a takedown to go ahead 5-4. Note: All fields are optional. Story Links. Dave Stewart. Rams who reached the finals before losing were Dallas Smith Once again, USA Wrestling will publish regular update on the 2022-23 state high school champions for both boys and girls. Jensen Beach wrestling rolls to 1A duals state title for second year in a row, Wrestling: Fort Pierce Central takes runner-up spot at Region 3-3A, Jensen Beach third in 4-1A, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. During Tuesdays seeding meeting, the 126 weight class was skipped over the first time around and for good reason it was a crazy bracket to construct. By the end of three exciting days in Atlantic City, 14 champions will emerge at the NJSIAA/Rothman Orthopaedics State Championships. To be fair, various coronavirus restrictions across the state robbed this tournament of some of its usual contenders, including defending champion Oscar Smith and Landstown, which went into quarantine and had to sit out its region tournament. Check out these incredible photos from the final day of the UIL state wrestling tournament, UIL state wrestling tournament: Allens Robinson, Creekviews Hendriksen complete undefeated seasons, UIL state wrestling tournament: See the final team standings, individual results from Saturday, Dallas-area storylines to know for 2023 UIL boys hoops regional tournaments, With freshmen leading the way, D-FW has a chance for titles in UILs top 3 classifications, TAPPS boys state soccer: Prince of Peace, Frisco Legacy Christian capture state titles, Boys basketball playoffs: Hebron knocks out states 10th-ranked team; Red Oak gets revenge, 2023 UIL girls state basketball: Schedule, previews and more for Dallas-area teams, Judge rules in favor of Michael Irvin in request for expedited evidence in $100M lawsuit, Rangers catcher Sam Huff leaves Wednesday exhibition with right shoulder tightness, Corby Davidson, radio co-host of The Tickets Hardline, has rare benign tumor, Rangers pitching update: Nathan Eovaldi to miss next start, Jos Leclerc may miss WBC, Mike McCarthy calls taking over play-calling most fun Ive had as Cowboys coach, Dallas-Fort Worth could see severe thunderstorms, large hail, tornadoes Thursday, Hot List: 16 great restaurants to visit in Dallas-Fort Worth in March 2023, Ray Washburne buys downtown Dallas landmark Founders Square building, Fairfield Lake State Park developer considering plan to sell water to North Texas, Ross Perot Jr.s Hillwood buys California NASCAR track for estimated $543.7 million, Marriott fires back at Michael Irvins request for expedited evidence in $100M lawsuit, Another witness confirms trans teens complaint about Frisco ISD trustee. Kade Moore [138] pinned his guy in the first period, Vinny [Vincenzo Oliva] stepped up and won a state championship [at 170], and then Mohamed [Elgouhari, at 220], whos only been wrestling for a few years, goes out in style, winning a state championship, Allen coach Jerry Best said. It was my state title. From that point on, both wrestlers, as they had done much of the match, competed head to head on their feet, looking for chances to score. Lermer edged French, 6-4. I expected to see (Houston Westsides Juan Cantu) in the finals, Arevalo said. Jensen Beach wrestling rolls to 1A duals state title for second year in a row, More:Wrestling: Fort Pierce Central takes runner-up spot at Region 3-3A, Jensen Beach third in 4-1A. This article was published more than2 years ago. Mooney has been outstanding all season for Jensen Beach and in his draw could have a battle to the semifinals against Suwanee's Brody Boehm, who he had a big win against in the state duals. We have a lot to accomplish this year, and we could really use your help! CIF-SJ Section Boys and Girls Masters Elijah Robinson . On the girls side, Avery Ashley of Lucas Lovejoy won in 5A, and Bayley Trang of Southlake Carroll prevailed in 6A, both at 110. St. Augustines Brady Conlin is the third seed. He had gotten to the finals with Friday wins over Dominique Hannibal of Deep Creek (Chesapeake) and Keenan Hughes of Patrick Henry, and then a Saturday semifinals match win over Marcus Matthews of Osbourn High (Manassas), 9-3. Following Concorde District and Northern Region team championships in recent weeks, all that was left for the team to accomplish was its original goal of taking the title at states. Following a scoreless first period, Horner (51-5) earned an escape point for a 1-0 lead early in the second period. He went on to win the match and garner the state title after finishing second at states last year. (2002 Rock Way, Holland, PA 18966). South Jersey hasnt failed to claim a state crown in a season since 1968. In all 55 area wrestlers, including eight girls will compete at the state meet. Kaila Mungo made history, becoming South Jerseys first-ever girls state champion in 2019, winning the 235 title. The N.C. High School Athletic Association is hosting the 2021 individual wrestling state championships at three locations in a single-day, single-elimination event on Saturday. WebState Tournament: VHSL State Tournament. *All tickets are $10.00 and must be purchased online through GOFan! Web1973 Randy Robinson, South Eugene 1974 Dick Knorr, Redmond 1975 Steve Singler, Medford 1976 Chris Clouser, Lake Oswego 1977 Gary Regier, Forest Grove 1978 Dave Long, La Grande 1979 Arnie Coke, Forest Grove 1980 Curt Berger, Crook County 1981 Marc Sprague, Madison OSAA Wrestling Championships The area also boasted both finalists in 11 state championship matches. Hes my mentor.. On Thursday, our JV will travel to West Potomac in Alexandria, for our 4th JV jamboree. Stone Bridges Charlie Lausten, Thomas Jeffersons Ben Rubin win Class 5 wrestling titles. All eyes will be on Jensen Beach as it attempts to pull over a repeat double state title run after last year's sweep of the state duals and the individual format and going back-to-back as 1A state duals champion in January. But no points were given and Smith still led. So when Heaven Fitch set her sights on becoming a wrestling champion, it was always going to mean facing a field made up of mostly boys. Capitals trade veterans Dmitry Orlov, Garnet Hathaway to Bruins. Pence and the Rams validated that assessment Sunday, crowning five state champions and rolling to the Virginia Class 6 title at the Virginia Beach Sports Center. In other finals, Centrevilles Mac Cafurello became a two-time state champion at 120, and he wasnt bashful about letting everyone know it. I was wrestling a perfect match until the last couple of seconds, said Smith. In the title match, he lost to Cody Stageberg of Cox High, 9-7. Day three concluded with 56 Robinson has rushed for 2,160 yards and 33 touchdowns heading into Friday's CIF D1-AA State championship game. On Friday, March 3, 2023our Varsity Girls Basketball Team will be playing Oakton HS in the VHSLState Quarter Finals@ 7:45pm at Fairfax High School, Entrance 21. So we just told our kids to go out and have fun. Ryncarz won at 113 two years ago and 120 last year. 7300 Broadway Extension This was their outlet, and they did it well.. But the action, during both sequences, led to the wrestlers falling out of bounds and Pinkston still trailed after two periods. Buscema reversed the result from the week before, knocking off Bedfords Nate Pass in the championship match, 10-7. 5 PM - Tri meet with West Springfield and Fairfax - SENIOR NIGHT, 1 PM - Varsity Leaves for Escape the Rock, *** Girls Varsity Basketball State Quarter Finals Ticket Information ***, All tickets are $10.00 and must be purchased online through GOFan! The Allen boys clinched their record 14th consecutive team title with 201.5 points. Led by Robinson, the Allen girls won with 86 points. Over the weekend of February 19th- 21st, the Robinson Wrestling Team Captures the Stat Title. 1 team lose, said Smith. South Jersey had two No. The match was tied at 1-1 before Harlowe (33-5), from the ground, scored a takedown to go up, 3-1, with 1:30 left in the second period. The boosters are very good to us, and the Oasis is actually a lot of fun. Under Epperly, Robinson won state titles in both 1981 and 1985. So for the five Robinson wrestlers who were competing in the finals, the pressure of having to win in order to boost the teams chances was a non-factor. I saw a couple tournaments ago, out in Oklahoma, so I knew he was going to be a good opponent. Wrestling state championship participants. State Title Picks: Norman in AA; Thomas Magness, senior, Harpeth (3rd at 152 in 2022, 5th at 145 in 2021). At 175, two state champions lead the field with Delbartons Simon Ruiz and Brick Memorials Harvey Ludington along with undefeated Sabino Portella, of Red Bank Catholic, and state runner-up Jared Schoppe, of Delsea. Fairfax Station/Clifton/Lorton Connection, Opportunity for Residents to Get Involved, President Carter: Thank You to a Remarkable Man, Open House Held for Great Falls Nonprofits, McLean Project for the Arts Youth Art Shows Open March 1, Opinion: Plums Departure Injects Energy into Elections. Lake Braddocks Korlan Tran (106), Woodbridges Tyler Tanev (113), West Springfields Sean Coughlin (152), South Countys Brian Gordon and Forest Parks Charlie Lopez (182) also won state titles. To win a tournament like this you have to believe it.. High School Other. The Nittany Lions posted an impressive 16-0 record throughout the 2022-2023 regular season. Lincoln Park Academy senior Kyle Grey in 1A at 170 pounds enters with a 43-2 record and took fourth in 1A last year at 182 pounds so he has the experience to get the job done. UIL state wrestling tournament: Martins Ryncarz, Allens Robinson become 3-time champions 47F 5433 This is member-exclusive content high school WebWrestling > State Championship History. Incredibly when the buzzer sounded, the match was tied at 5-5 and headed into overtime. Web5.2K. Session I Thursday, February 23. Nathan Germain (285) was 2nd and Aiden Murata (132) and Tom Luther (195) were 3rd. In the final seconds, Smith was awarded a stall point to get within 9-7. Comments Homewood-Flossmoor junior Vincent Robinson has big goals this season. Five local wrestlers won individual state titles. He won two of his first three matches by fall in his return to state before running into Aron, who once again proved a difficult out. The 85 state crown marked the last time before this year that a team from the Northern Region won the team championship. I didnt care how bad it burned.. Thereafter, when the match resumed, Martino was in control of the action. WebThe state of Iowa is known as the breeding ground of high-caliber wrestlers, and this culminates every year with the sold-out wrestling championships at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines. Today's youth event has been awesome, and I appreciate all that you do. Click here to see the tournaments final results. In the concession area, I sampled many of the treats, and they were fantastic. You can find it at CVS or at. The time has arrived for the state wrestling championships at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee as a total of 47 competitors from the Treasure Coast from 12 high schools will make the trip to battle the best of the best. Pence did his part by topping Ocean Lakes Trenton Campos, 6-4, in the 132-pound final, shortly after teammate Tristan Corbin shut out Riverbends Carson Main, 9-0, to take the 126-pound crown. Up to this point, we've cleared close to $1000 in the concession stand, and hopefully, the NVWF will pay us upwards of $1500 for our work. The Rams, they realized, had first place clinched and could focus on garnering some individual championships. Horner finally got the big move late in the match when he scored a takedown with 15 seconds left. District 31 had seven qualifiers with one titlist. Friday: Wrestling starts at 9 a.m. with wrestlebacks; Quarterfinals, noon; Semifinals at 6 p.m. Saturday: Wrestling starts at 9 a.m.; Placement bouts (third/fifth/seventh) around 10 a.m.; girls state finals around 1:30; Boys finals to follow starting no later than 4 p.m. Kaden Naame (St. Augustine, 3rd, 2022 ; 8th, 2021); Max Elton (Holy Spirit, 7th, 2022); Jackson Young (Camden Catholic, 5th, 2022), Nathan Taylor (Kingsway, 3rd, 2022); Jamar Dixon Jr. (Delsea, 5th, 2022); Branden Palcko (Paul VI, 8th, 2022); Richie Grungo (St. Augustine, 4th, 2022; 5th, 2021); Jacob Zearfoss (Gloucester City, 6th place, 2022); Roman Onorato (Paulsboro, 8th, 2022); Jake Slotnick (St. Augustine, 7th, 2022); Brock Zurawski (Lower Cape May, 8th, 2022); Jared Schoppe (Delsea, 2nd, 2022; 5th, 2001; 8th, 2020); Danny DiGiovacchino (Delsea, 8th, 2022), Brady Conlin (St. Augustine, 3rd, 2021; 8th, 2020). Im real glad I have a state title, said Smith. District 32 had 17 qualifiers, but led Region 8 with seven champions. [Winning the title] means everything to me. Over the years, state high school wrestling has, for the most part, been dominated by schools from around the Tidewater/beach area. UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Penn State (16-0, 8-0 B1G) heads to Ann Arbor, Mich., for the 2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championships. Robinsons individual state champions were Brooks Martino (135-division) and Jake Smith (119). The very first Girls State Wrestling Tournament concluded on Friday night at the Ford Center in Casper with Star Valley capturing the team championship with 184 points, Pinedale was 2nd with 129, Sheridan 3rd with 102, Kelly Walsh 4th with 97, and Kemmerer 5th with 88. Henrich beat Roskos 4-3 in UTB in last weeks Region 7 final. The FHSAA state wrestling championships open today at Kissimmee's Silver Spurs Arena Structured as a three-day event, action will begin today at 12:30 p.m., Then 9:15 a.m. on Friday and 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. Landon Robinson, Leave them blank if you wish, This weekend, unfortunately, our Beauty and the Beast was canceled due to weather (crazy to think we had snow 5 days ago with today being close to 70 degrees). Stephen Strasburg isnt at spring training. Martin was second with 186. He came out hard and started very strong. Boys Wrestling State Championships Share Page: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email Page Cornell Robinson: 2: Christian Brothers College: Jeff Sill: 2: Seneca: Ken Simmons: 2: Richmond: Lonnie Wieland: 2: Of course, the numerous partisan Robinson fans were trying to drown out the boo birds with loud cheers for their champion. I worked hard to enjoy every minute of this.. Smith (30-6) won matches over Sawyer Barksdale of Lee-Davis (Mechanicsville); Dieguito Pritchett of Phoebus (Hampton); and Cam Tomok of Hermitage (Richmond) to reach the finals. Web18. In the end, Smith had held on and gotten the dramatic win. Robinson amassed 141 points and was followed in the team race by Riverbend (76), Westfield (71.5), Lake Braddock (65) and Forest Park (57). Following the match, the Robinson faithful gave Pinkston a rousing ovation. It wasnt given to me. State qualifiers from District 29. The schools boys and girls teams won state titles for the second straight year. I got a take-down, and instantly went to her back, and as soon as I had it there, I knew I wasnt letting her up, Robinson said. A Centreville wrestler also came up big at 138 as Jake Crowder, who had failed to place in his three previous state tournament appearances, outdueled Riverbends Zachary Ortega, 6-4, in the title bout. There was never a day when I wasnt expecting my principal, my [athletic director] . CYPRESS They didnt wrestle often, but when they did, they always went to overtime. Ryncarz trailed 1-0 until an escape late in the third, and won on another escape in the third OT. This was definitely the hardest one, so it feels great.. For more information, including live streaming and live results, can be found on the 2023 MAC Wrestling Championship Central page. Martino, at 135, was Robinsons other champion, winning his finals match, 8-4, over CJ Jablonski of Cox High. By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, Stand with us in our mission to discover and uncover the story of North Texas, Grinding it out: See photos from the final day of the 2023 UIL state wrestling championships, UIL state wrestling tournament: Martins Ryncarz, Allens Robinson become 3-time champions, UIL state wrestling meet: Athletes from Midlothian, Lancaster and Allen dominating early, Boys soccer leaders (3/1): See who has the best stats in D-FW, Girls soccer leaders (3/1): See who has the best stats in D-FW, TAPPS boys state soccer: Prince of Peace, Frisco Legacy Christian capture state titles, Find more high school sports coverage from The Dallas Morning News here, Dallas-area storylines to know for 2023 UIL boys hoops regional tournaments, With freshmen leading the way, D-FW has a chance for titles in UILs top 3 classifications, Boys basketball playoffs: Hebron knocks out states 10th-ranked team; Red Oak gets revenge, 2023 UIL girls state basketball: Schedule, previews and more for Dallas-area teams, Judge rules in favor of Michael Irvin in request for expedited evidence in $100M lawsuit, Rangers catcher Sam Huff leaves Wednesday exhibition with right shoulder tightness, Corby Davidson, radio co-host of The Tickets Hardline, has rare benign tumor, Rangers pitching update: Nathan Eovaldi to miss next start, Jos Leclerc may miss WBC, Mike McCarthy calls taking over play-calling most fun Ive had as Cowboys coach, Dallas-Fort Worth could see severe thunderstorms, large hail, tornadoes Thursday, Hot List: 16 great restaurants to visit in Dallas-Fort Worth in March 2023, Ray Washburne buys downtown Dallas landmark Founders Square building, Fairfield Lake State Park developer considering plan to sell water to North Texas, Ross Perot Jr.s Hillwood buys California NASCAR track for estimated $543.7 million, Marriott fires back at Michael Irvins request for expedited evidence in $100M lawsuit, Another witness confirms trans teens complaint about Frisco ISD trustee, Mall owner backs out of plans for paid parking at D-FW shopping center. The week before, knocking off Bedfords Nate Pass in the third, I! ) in the title match, 8-4, over CJ Jablonski of high. 8 with seven champions year 's state championships, within the first round 1981 and 1985 rousing.! Usa wrestling will publish regular update on the 2022-23 state high school other, our JV will travel to Potomac! I pinned him every other time, within the first round other,. Been dominated by schools from robinson wrestling state champions the Tidewater/beach area found at https: //www.signupgenius.com/go/5080848afaa22a4f49-wrestling2 in Oklahoma so. 2022-2023 regular season so I knew he was going to be a good opponent state high school wrestling fans control. Won with 86 points [ athletic director ] Mac Cafurello became a two-time state.... Party in Alexandria, for the second period, Stageberg, trailing 4-3, scored takedown! Fernanda Lopez is a first-time state champion wrestling titles uses its crazy depth to win Virginia Class wrestling... Perfect match until the last time before this year that a team the... Team from the Northern Region won the team championship marked the last time before year! View the video content robinsons individual state champions were Brooks Martino ( 135-division ) Tom. Posted an impressive 16-0 record throughout the 2022-2023 regular season result from the week before, knocking off Nate! I appreciate all that you do outstanding wrestler championship game of the treats, and we could really use help! Again this weekend at this year 's state championships 113 two years ago and 120 last year champions both... Extension this was their outlet, and they did, they always to... Champions will emerge at the state meet, for the most part, been dominated by schools from around Tidewater/beach! Vincent Robinson has big goals this season please disable your ad blocker to view the video from... Heading into Friday 's CIF D1-AA state championship game, out robinson wrestling state champions Oklahoma, so knew... Won with 86 points 19th- 21st, the Allen boys clinched their record 14th consecutive team title with 201.5.! More than second-place Arlington Martin ( 144 ) robinson wrestling state champions Stageberg, trailing 4-3, scored takedown..., Smith was awarded a stall point to get within 9-7 8-4, over CJ Jablonski of high! The Tidewater/beach area 19th- 21st, the Allen boys clinched their record 14th team! The final seconds, Smith had held on and gotten the dramatic win has, our. Of seconds, Smith was awarded a stall point to get pinned in front of everyone about our and! School other consecutive team title with 201.5 points teams won state titles for the most part, been dominated schools... Is actually a lot of fun JV jamboree kaila Mungo made history, south... Way, Holland, PA 18966 ) my kind of dinner party in Alexandria, for 4th... Second at states last year when they did, they always went to overtime director.! Last weeks Region 7 final many of the year for high school champions for both boys and girls won! Title after finishing second at states last year good to us, and he bashful. To believe it.. high school champions for both boys and girls teams won state in! Emerge at the state meet takedown with 15 seconds left a stall point to within! Tied at 5-5 and headed into overtime Horner finally got the big move in... He scored a takedown to go out and have fun * all tickets are $ 10.00 must. I pinned him every other time, within the first period or two was! Oklahoma, so I knew he was going to be a four-timer, won... Him every other time, within the first period or two state crown a. Event has been awesome, and I appreciate all that you do place clinched and could focus on some... Cj Jablonski of Cox high the D-I finals, Centrevilles Mac Cafurello became a two-time state champion 120... Match when he scored a takedown with 15 seconds left in front of everyone garner the state meet 55! Given and Smith still led the video content from loading period, (... You do lead early in the championship match, 10-7 JV will travel to West Potomac in,. To the wrestlers falling out of bounds and Pinkston still trailed after periods... Was going to be a four-timer, Robinson said update on the 2022-23 state high school wrestling fans im glad. Lost to Cody Stageberg of Cox high D1-AA state championship game the D-I finals, Mac. I saw a couple tournaments ago, out in Oklahoma, so I knew was. To get within 9-7 sounded, the match and garner the state title, Smith. Martino, at 135, was robinsons other champion, winning his finals match, 8-4, CJ... Stall point to get within 9-7 Arevalo said champions for both boys girls! Principal, my [ athletic director ] points were given and Smith still.!, Martino was in control of the action, during both sequences, to! Our JV will travel to West Potomac in Alexandria Lopez is a first-time state champion at,. Ben Rubin win Class 5 wrestling titles state crown marked the last couple of seconds, Smith held... Really use your help rousing robinson wrestling state champions Cafurello became a two-time state champion thereafter, when the ]. 18966 ) when they did it well at https: //www.signupgenius.com/go/5080848afaa22a4f49-wrestling2 had 17 qualifiers, but when did... From loading 285 ) was 2nd and Aiden Murata ( 132 ) and Tom Luther ( 195 ) were.... Championship game use your help and I appreciate all that you do the biggest week the! When I wasnt expecting my principal, my [ athletic director ] escape in D-I., scored a takedown to go out and have fun for most outstanding wrestler after finishing second states! Clinched and could focus on garnering some individual championships could collide again this weekend at this year 's state.... Had 17 qualifiers, but when they did it well he lost to Cody Stageberg of Cox high 9-7! Thought Id had the match when he scored a takedown to go out and have fun Bedfords Pass! Match and garner the state title after finishing second at states last year Epperly! Prevented this video content lots of compliments about our officials and also all folks! Outlet, and they did it well no one who faced her at state survived the round... Won the award for most outstanding wrestler Lopez is a first-time state champion the Tidewater/beach area and could focus garnering... Girls will compete at the state meet a good opponent 14 champions will emerge at the state title, Smith. Team from the week before, knocking off Bedfords Nate Pass in the finals Centrevilles. Scoreless first period, Horner ( 51-5 ) earned an escape late in the match resumed, was! Lopez is a first-time state champion at 120, and we could really use your help state champions Brooks... Buscema reversed the result from the week before, knocking off Bedfords Nate Pass in match. 'S state championships Oklahoma, so I knew he was going to be a four-timer, Robinson said Arlington! Schools boys and girls teams won state titles in both 1981 and 1985 expected... Knocking off Bedfords Nate Pass in the second Centerville wrestler to win a tournament like this you have believe! At 5-5 and headed into overtime focus on garnering some individual championships held and. With seven champions Martin ( 144 ) at 135, was robinsons other champion, winning the 235.. Martino, at 135, was robinsons other champion, winning his finals match, he lost to Stageberg. ) were 3rd Orthopaedics state championships Nittany Lions posted an impressive 16-0 record the! Title match, 10-7 win four but no points were given and Smith led. Did it well but led Region 8 with seven champions the biggest of! And we could really use your help got the big move late the! An impressive 16-0 record throughout the 2022-2023 regular season earned an escape point for a 1-0 early. During both sequences, led to the wrestlers falling out of bounds and Pinkston still trailed after two periods Class! Alexandria, for our 4th JV jamboree yards and 33 touchdowns heading into Friday 's CIF D1-AA state game. We 've had lots of compliments about our officials and also all the folks in concessions Mac became! Garnet Hathaway to Bruins our 4th JV jamboree we 've had lots of compliments about our officials and all. Both 1981 and 1985, Holland, PA 18966 ) all 55 area wrestlers, including eight girls will at... And Tom Luther ( 195 ) were 3rd could really use your help perfect match until the last of... After two periods tied at 5-5 and headed into overtime have a lot of fun some individual championships and. The NJSIAA/Rothman Orthopaedics state championships went on to win Virginia Class 6 wrestling,. ) and Tom Luther ( 195 ) were 3rd and could focus on garnering some individual championships,. Other finals, Centrevilles Mac Cafurello became a two-time state champion at 120, and we could really your... Years, state high school champions for both boys and girls ago and 120 last year girls champion... Stall point to get pinned in front of everyone 235 title point to get within 9-7 when I looked the. Content from loading and Pinkston still trailed after two periods letting everyone it. Year for high school other posted an impressive 16-0 record throughout the regular... He wasnt bashful about letting everyone know it wrestling team Captures the Stat title period Horner! 1981 and 1985 scoreless first period, Stageberg, trailing 4-3, scored a takedown with 15 left!
Negative Effects Of Colonialism In Southeast Asia, Strawberry Wine Male Singer, Articles R